BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good for you. 

It should be the target for Mowbray and anything else is simply not good enough. I see no reason why with 2 or 3 quality signings and we keep Armstrong why we shouldn't targeting and getting top 6. Mowbray has built this squad and can't have any more excuses now. 

Where did I say it didn't matter? Not what I said but I said I'm bored of you keep going on and on about daily. 

image.png.5c00f01acef468035df03f47557952bb.png

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Just bizarre that he doesnt factor a manager that he himself admits needs sacking in his prediction ahead of the new season.

I get that it's all a bit negative, but unfortunately that's where we are it. I try to be optimistic, but it's hard to see why at the moment. To do so would be denial I feel.  

I'm sure we would love to be proved wrong. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Lol, the club and Mowbray said it. I wait with bated breath for these signings to start so. We would want to get moving, because other clubs are. You have reverted to your position that the club can do no wrong, even when the reality is staring us all in the face. 

another bizarre post containing more false comments. Nowhere have I said the club can do no wrong. I posted my unhappiness at the club new kits not being unveil yet and this delay, I said season tickets should have been on sale weeks ago, I said we should have appoint a new head of recruitment by now(but I don't keep posting about it daily to get my posting count up). 

On signings, until we can sorted out with the EFL whether we out of embargo or not, or facing other problems we won't be making them. But the EFL are as always slow and dithering as per usual

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

another bizarre post containing more false comments. Nowhere have I said the club can do no wrong. I posted my unhappiness at the club new kits not being unveil yet and this delay, I said season tickets should have been on sale weeks ago, I said we should have appoint a new head of recruitment by now(but I don't keep posting about it daily to get my posting count up). 

On signings, until we can sorted out with the EFL whether we out of embargo or not, or facing other problems we won't be making them. But the EFL are as always slow and dithering as per usual

You could be talking about the club there. Actually it perfectly sums the club up.

I find it funny you are accusing me of repeating myself, very funny. I think irony is lost on you 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I ain't accusing you because its a fact. 13 times you have mention about the head of recruitment in the past 4 weeks

I'm flattered by your obsession about my posts. It's a bit weird though. 

I will keep saying it until we appoint one, because it's so perplexing to me that it has gotten to this stage. I know you don't think it's important because Mowbray said it doesn't matter, so we will just have to agree to disagree. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, briansol said:

Youngsters won the Lancashire cup tonight against a poor Wigan side. Very one sided.

A couple of new faces on display. A massive centre back named Ash Phillips. Handle himself well, very suprise to learn that he turned 16 this year as he was a big filled Out unit. 

Charlie weston, midfielder, Just turned 17. Was on the bench for the first team in preseason. Really like the look on him. Accomplished two way midfielder with good passing. Probably going to be fast tracked to U23 like Garrett Last year. 

delighted for the players who played and won the final. 

I believe Mike Sheron was in charge of the team for game

On 31/07/2021 at 22:03, chaddyrovers said:

delighted for the players who played and won the final. 

I believe Mike Sheron was in charge of the team for game

Yes, Sheron was in charge. Probably an obvious choice for the U23 job after Barr.

The opposition was too poor to really judge the performance. The most positive was the the two U18 players. Phillips might event be U16 since he turned 16 in June. The big powerful centre-half played for the U18 last season at 15, so will be interesting to see if gets U23 football this season. 

Thought Butterworth was dissapointing, lost possession multiple times by taking on players and overdoing it. Greedy and seems to have a bit of attitude. Not fond of tracking back either, which you can get away with on this level, but not on senior. Obviously talented, but could probably do with a reality-check of a loan. 

The trio of McBride, Burns and Vale on the other hand will put in a shift. Always liked Vale who is a decent allround striker. Has outgrown U23 and needs to kick-on. McBride is the best finisher, clinical striking technique and composed. Good work-rate, decent footwork and decent pace. Another who could benefit from a loan.

Love to watch Sam Burns as a fan. Stocky little bugger with a big heart. Some similarities with Dickov. Not the most composed finisher, but good pace and good positioning means he gets at the end of a lot of chances. Only got a 1-year extension so will probably  stay at U23 to earn another contract. 

• Like 2

Charlie Weston is certainly one to watch. Mentioned many a pages ago for his captaincy of his age group for England at national level. Very well thought of.

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

JP wasn't let go. PG has been in Scandinavia for a bit....I hate to say it, but 2 good additions in my opinion 

No need to hate to say it really it sounds like a bit of positive news.

Now if they could find Alex Neil a job as well......

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Do we reckon they are ramping up to offer him the job? Is he the guy that will takeover when Mowbray inevitably fucks it after 6 games?

Probably not although i'd give him a try but god knows what he'd be left with to work with.

He'd be a brave man to take it on, what we don't want though is him having to work with the same backroom staff.  Lowe and Venus must be gone as well otherwise it's pointless.

Nothing about Garrett?

From the Leeds and Bolton displays - I would have this lad in my first team setup from the off this season. Especially when Travis looks so far off the pace.

His tackling is very good, he reads the game well. I thought his first touch passing and movement against leeds made him stand out.

Excited to see how he gets on.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Nothing about Garrett?

From the Leeds and Bolton displays - I would have this lad in my first team setup from the off this season. Especially when Travis looks so far off the pace.

His tackling is very good, he reads the game well. I thought his first touch passing and movement against leeds made him stand out.

Excited to see how he gets on.

Garrett definitely deserves to be in the team.

Surprised Butterworth has been staying on the bench after his very good displays.

• Like 1

Apparently the u23s got tonked in a pre season game against Burnley u23s, 6-2. I expect having all of their best players busy with the first team didn't help, although the Burnley write up (which didn't even know who any of our scorers were, just called them 'the attacker') suggested some of theirs were with their first team too.