BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

He went off at half time. I noticed that he looked trim physically.  Quiet game. Tidy but unspectacular.  I commented to my son how quiet Johnson is. I would have expected him to be dominant verbally if nothing else but he never said a word. 

I noticed that Spurs manager is Wayne Burnett, ex of this parish.

• Like 3

On 10/09/2021 at 17:07, bluebruce said:

🤣🤣🤣

"Aye well he's barely more than a glint in his daddy's eye right now. We're gonna have to be patient and wait until he at least has a heartbeat, maybe even learnt to walk. Then he'll have to learn how to play right-back from Sam Gallagher. Should be ready for the first team in 2040 when he's 43. Oh aye nay worry, I'll still be the gaffer.

Anyway, on another note, Ash Phillips is starting next week."

He'd only start Ash Phillips if Liverpool et al loaned him back to us.

• Like 2

On 10/09/2021 at 23:28, Ulrich said:

We both know any top academy can offer far more than us and if they think he's good enough, will discuss routes to the 1st team for him. We cannot compete financially, 10k a week is a pittance to them too and they will pay it, if they think he is good enough. 500k a year is apparently our 1st team max, he could be a millionaire by 20 or playing with us for buttons in comparison. Training alongside van Dyke (or some other clubs elite) or Ayala/Lenihan? Football is about much more then heart these days and money etc talks. Consider what 1.5m could do for his family too.  Whilst it would be great to bring through a great kid, it wouldn't be difficult to see the benefits of a move. Tribunal fees aren't very high in reality compared to a signed player. Anyway can you not agree a pre-contract before 17? We'll see what happens.

There's a cap on what those tribunal fees are too - the PL have it stitched up I'm afraid. If they spot the talent young enough in someone else's Academy they can get them at a snip.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

There's a cap on what those tribunal fees are too - the PL have it stitched up I'm afraid. If they spot the talent young enough in someone else's Academy they can get them at a snip.

Don't think its been mentioned here yet unless I was being dozy, but Phillips has agreed to a 3 year deal (most that can be done for now) for when he turns 17.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

He went off at half time. I noticed that he looked trim physically.  Quiet game. Tidy but unspectacular.  I commented to my son how quiet Johnson is. I would have expected him to be dominant verbally if nothing else but he never said a word. 

I noticed that Spurs manager is Wayne Burnett, ex of this parish.

It's funny how people see things differently. You saw Johnson as trim and tidy. I saw him as overweight and cumbersome. At his stage of recovery I would not expect him to be running around bossing games, he was there just to see if he could last half a game.

8 minutes ago, rigger said:

It's funny how people see things differently. You saw Johnson as trim and tidy. I saw him as overweight and cumbersome. At his stage of recovery I would not expect him to be running around bossing games, he was there just to see if he could last half a game.

What was really good to see was his replacement Wharton. I thought he had an excellent second half, looked comfortable on the ball and had a good engine on him. Where was Garrett, has he gone with the first team?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

What was really good to see was his replacement Wharton. I thought he had an excellent second half, looked comfortable on the ball and had a good engine on him. Where was Garrett, has he gone with the first team?

Agree about Wharton, looked very good. Is he Scott's brother?

Garret was at the game, watching from behind the goal.

Pleasing to see the pre-contract agreement, as it strengthens our financial position. Needs to develop his physicality but has a great frame to build upon. It is important we ensure that as many of our academy graduates, that show good potential are tied down quickly.

16 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Agree about Wharton, looked very good. Is he Scott's brother?

Garret was at the game, watching from behind the goal.

Yep Colt he’s Scottie’s younger brother. From what I’ve read the club think he’s the real deal. Hopefully he continues to develop. We have some real prospects in the Academy. The future is bright, the future is blue and white.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JohnGo said:

Garrett was sat in the stands with his family.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnGo said:

Yep Colt he’s Scottie’s younger brother. From what I’ve read the club think he’s the real deal. Hopefully he continues to develop. We have some real prospects in the Academy. The future is bright, the future is blue and white.

The real deal? Presumably not on the same kind of level they see Phillips as the real deal?