BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

The real deal? Presumably not on the same kind of level they see Phillips as the real deal? 

Don’t know Bruce, he’s been here since he was a kid. He’s older than Phillips so he’s gone under the radar. I think Mowbrays using Phillips to pacify the supporters with manana. 

4 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

For some reason nobody seems to have posted the fact that Accy Stanley have since scored 3 and are 3-1 up........

Accy beat citeh 6-1 not too long ago. So much for the Cat A .  Last time I looked they used colleges for training do Accy.  Mogadon and Maggot blueprint for the next 5 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

For some reason nobody seems to have posted the fact that Accy Stanley have since scored 3 and are 3-1 up........

Very worrying when 7 of that starting 11 are frequent members of the first team squad and have first team experience. I mean I'm doubting Accy have put their best side out? I was actually thinking it was odd to put such a strong side out for this game and not our u23 league games.

Just back from the game. We should have been four up by thirty minutes. The second half was as poor as I have seen the U23s play. Clarkson was insipid, he looks to be a poor loan. Nobody looked anywhere near the first team standard. The ref lost control of the accy players by allowing them to directly abuse him and his officials, in a way that would have seen  cards, at sunday league level. Final score a deserved 1-3 to Accy.

Edited by rigger

10 minutes ago, rigger said:

Just back from the game. We should have been four up by thirty minutes. The second half was as poor as I have seen the U23s play. Clarkson was insipid, he looks to be a poor loan. Nobody looked anywhere near the first team standard. The ref lost control of the accy players by allowing them to directly abuse him and his officials, in a way that would have seen  cards, at sunday league level. Final score a deserved 1-3 to Accy.

Where did Clarkson play? 

Who is the Accy Stanley under 23's coach? 

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Clarkson has not impressed when given game time in the first team, looks miles off.

How was Edun @rigger

Edun looked as though he was using the game for fitness. He did not impress

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Clarkson has not impressed when given game time in the first team, looks miles off.

How was Edun @rigger

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Where did Clarkson play? 

Who is the Accy Stanley under 23's coach? 

Ged Brennan and Andy Gray coach the Stanley under-23's.  I thought I saw Jimmy Bell on the touchline as well.

Clarkson played in midfield and looked like a little boy lost against a physical Stanley side.  Phillips too, for the second game in succession, came crashing down to earth in terms of how he played.

McBride and Brennan were very poor and look a long, long way off being ready for the first team.

I think many are overestimating where some of our younger players are at the moment.

• Like 7

McBride seemed to pick up an arm injury near the end. He went off using his shirt as a make-shift sling. Butterworth needs to control his temper, he was too easily wound-up. He could well have been sent off for retaliating by pushing one of their players in the first half. 

Edited by rigger

7 minutes ago, rigger said:

At some stage in the near future Sam Burns has to be given a chance in the first team. In my opinion.

generally been very impressed by Sam Burns when I've seen him for the u23's and for me a better player than Butterworth who seems to have somehow managed to wangle his way into the First Team squad, based on I'm not quite sure what.

For me,  Burns, McBride and Vale (if he can stay fit) should be ahead of Butterworth.

• Like 1

Thoroughly enjoyable game at York's new ground tonight.  First half was a very even affair but Leeds got on top after the break.  Then, for some strange reason, they lost their way and allowed Rovers back in the game.  The referee and his fellow officials completely lost the plot near the end which resulted in numerous bookings and a red card.  The ref failed to notice that he'd booked Miller twice and the fourth official had to come onto the field to tell the ref that he needed to show a red. 

Quite how Cirino and Leo Hjede managed to avoid getting sent off - they weren't even booked - after their scuffle I'll never know.  Instead the ref started waving the yellow card at several players players and as things went from bad to worse the Rovers grabbed an equaliser.

It really was excellent entertainment with both sides playing some really attractive football at times.  Sam Burns and Joe Ferguson did really well for Rovers and Ferguson looks a very promising right-back.  Sadly McBride had another poor game and Jake Garrett struggled in midfield.  Bradley Johnson did well in the first half but then gave Leeds a helping hand to take the lead.

The Under-23's really do need to sort out the defensive side of the game because they are averaging three goals a game being conceded at the moment.

York's new ground is very impressive for a club playing at the level they are.

Sadly, I suspect I'll have had more entertainment tonight than I will at Ewood tomorrow.  

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Thoroughly enjoyable game at York's new ground tonight.  First half was a very even affair but Leeds got on top after the break.  Then, for some strange reason, they lost their way and allowed Rovers back in the game.  The referee and his fellow officials completely lost the plot near the end which resulted in numerous bookings and a red card.  The ref failed to notice that he'd booked Miller twice and the fourth official had to come onto the field to tell the ref that he needed to show a red. 

Quite how Cirino and Leo Hjede managed to avoid getting sent off - they weren't even booked - after their scuffle I'll never know.  Instead the ref started waving the yellow card at several players players and as things went from bad to worse the Rovers grabbed an equaliser.

It really was excellent entertainment with both sides playing some really attractive football at times.  Sam Burns and Joe Ferguson did really well for Rovers and Ferguson looks a very promising right-back.  Sadly McBride had another poor game and Jake Garrett struggled in midfield.  Bradley Johnson did well in the first half but then gave Leeds a helping hand to take the lead.

The Under-23's really do need to sort out the defensive side of the game because they are averaging three goals a game being conceded at the moment.

York's new ground is very impressive for a club playing at the level they are.

Sadly, I suspect I'll have had more entertainment tonight than I will at Ewood tomorrow.  

Pretty much spot review from watching the game on Leeds TV. Burns continues to impress, probably been the best player so far. Two excellent finishes suggest he is improving in front of goal, which probably has been the only critique so far. Ferguson looks like the best of the new bunch. 

The worry is that the team is leaking goals, very few seems to have the ability to sniff danger. They get hit on the counter multiple times every game. Without Whitehall and Barnes there seems to be a lack of leaders which is needed in such a young team. For me Annesly is not good enough for a centre-back. He is more comfortable on the ball than his defensive duties, which is probably why he plays midfield for Gibraltar. Bradley Johnson got his minutes without really affecting the game other then being responsible for giving a goal away. 

Probably not fair to compare this version to last year. So far it's been a lot younger and experienced side due to injuries and many players being part of the senior match squad. 

• Like 1