BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

I would re-sign Green, Raya, Rittenberg, Lenihan and Nyambe

On your bike you haven't a clue !

Lenihan yes for his capability and versatility .. the rest a big No No because they lack capability.

Anyhow let Owen Coyle destroy their careers.

Edited by JAL

On your bike you haven't a clue !

Lenihan yes for his capability and versatility .. the rest a big No No because they lack capability.

Anyhow let Owen Coyle destroy their careers.

20 months old comment Jal..

Very good win today by them

Good to hear about the performances of the ones mention by Parsonblue. Hopefully they can have a good career here in the future

20 months old comment Jal..

Very good win today by them

Good to hear about the performances of the ones mention by Parsonblue. Hopefully they can have a good career here in the future

Have a good luck at the league table matey and look at the progression of the club over the past 20 months.

Any news or links to a new quality first team goalie yet ?

Excellent second-half performance today. Stokes and Platt both scored two and in the second period we looked on a totally different level to Burnley. Brown and Platt were superb at the centre of defence whilst Travis and Doyle attacked well from the full-back positions. Rankin-Costello looked good after his recent dip in form and Tomlinson worked hard in midfield. Stokes, after an indifferent first-half, looked much better after the interval.

No mention for Mahoney?

• Like 1

He certainly had a better game today than last week. I don't know if you are old enough Stuart, but think 'Brian Hill' and you get a picture of Mahoney.

I'm not old enough.

Thing with Mahoney is that he hasn't yet been given an opportunity. He has been messed around quite a bit though. Thought he had his chance under Lambert and has been gone backwards since Coyle came in.

It irritates when young lads get a game playing with poorer players and expected to perform. Give them a chance with first teamers - especially when they have been in and around the team for so long. It's not lack we are doing well with those players deemed better than him.

• Like 1

I'm not old enough.

Thing with Mahoney is that he hasn't yet been given an opportunity. He has been messed around quite a bit though. Thought he had his chance under Lambert and has been gone backwards since Coyle came in.

It irritates when young lads get a game playing with poorer players and expected to perform. Give them a chance with first teamers - especially when they have been in and around the team for so long. It's not lack we are doing well with those players deemed better than him.

I wouldn't disagree with any of that. The only way you find out about youngsters is by giving them a chance. It's beginning to work with Nyambe - who looked much more confident on Saturday after a few games under his belt. Youngsters will make mistakes but that's how they learn. There is a limit to how much they learn in the Under-23's after a season or so. I'd be more than happy to see Mahoney, Tomlinson, Doyle, Travis, Platt and Wharton be given more time in the first team alongside the likes of Nyambe and Raya. We have some decent lads who have done enough to deserve a chance with the first team and, as you say, it's not like the senior eleven are exactly pulling up trees with their performances.

• Like 4

Unless they're outstanding it's asking alot sticking young kids into a relegation battle. People like Danny Graham are going to keep us in this division. Ideally we can survive this season and we can bring them through next year. Good to hear that the Under-23s is producing players who appear good enough for first team football though.

Unless they're outstanding it's asking alot sticking young kids into a relegation battle. People like Danny Graham are going to keep us in this division. Ideally we can survive this season and we can bring them through next year. Good to hear that the Under-23s is producing players who appear good enough for first team football though.

Perhaps but is Mahoney not worth a game ahead of Bennett for instance.

• Like 1

I wouldn't disagree with any of that. The only way you find out about youngsters is by giving them a chance. It's beginning to work with Nyambe - who looked much more confident on Saturday after a few games under his belt. Youngsters will make mistakes but that's how they learn. There is a limit to how much they learn in the Under-23's after a season or so. I'd be more than happy to see Mahoney, Tomlinson, Doyle, Travis, Platt and Wharton be given more time in the first team alongside the likes of Nyambe and Raya. We have some decent lads who have done enough to deserve a chance with the first team and, as you say, it's not like the senior eleven are exactly pulling up trees with their performances.

Who's Mahoney's agent and who's Nyambe and Raya agent parsonsblue ?

He certainly had a better game today than last week. I don't know if you are old enough Stuart, but think 'Brian Hill' and you get a picture of Mahoney.

Brian Hill. Mm, that's damning with faint praise Parson. Not the worst left winger we ever had but a million miles from being the best. I take it from that he's predominently left footed. Do we play him on the right as is the fashion these days ? I shudder to think what Hill would have been like on the " wrong " wing. Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Brian Hill. Mm, that's damning with faint praise Parson. Not the worst left winger we ever had but a million miles from being the best. I take it from that he's predominently left footed. Do we play him on the right as is the fashion these days ? I shudder to think what Hill would have been like on the " wrong " wing.

In fairness, Mahoney is really a right winger. For some reason he reminds me of Hill in his style of play. Like Hill, he is tall but he's not the most robust of wingers, doesn't like a tackle and his decision making, at times, is somewhat indifferent. On his day he can be excellent and is capable of scoring spectacular goals but, like Hill, his good days don't come along all that often and he can really frustrate when he gets into good positions but fails to deliver a decent cross. But he's young, unlike Hill who was at the end of a pretty decent career, and has time on his side. Having said all that, personally, I think it's time he was given a chance to see if he can cut it at first team level. He needs to be playing against better opposition to see if he can cope at a higher level than the Under-23's. If we are not prepared to loan him then we should give the lad the opportunity to prove he is good enough. We made the same mistake with O'Sullivan who was one of the most promising lads to come out of the Academy but we didn't give him the opportunity when he was playing well and then he started going backwards in terms of development.

Who's Mahoney's agent and who's Nyambe and Raya agent parsonsblue ?

I don't know and I care even less Jal. I'm just glad we have Nyambe and Raya and I hope Mahoney can develop and follow them into the first team squad.

Edited by Parsonblue
  • Like 1

I think Bennett is possibly our best player, criminal that he's not had a chance this season.

Strange how opinions on players differ, I think he's pretty useless and equally as poor as Feeney.

Yet we keep on signing **** poor players like that and denying academy lads or young signings a chance to prove themselves.

Edited by RevidgeBlue