BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

I think they both look quite promising if only we would give them a proper chance. I'd play Raya over Steele every day of the week personally.

Most definitely rev !

Steele should be dropped for the next game after his error in the last game then let's see what Raya is made of, if he's got a contract then he should be worthy of playing if he isn't then you know we are having our pants pulled down.

Two very promising young players, as Rev says. Personally I don't think the Rovers can have too many promising young players like these two.

Scot Wharton ?

It's also very important that the supporters should know who their agents are.

Edited by JAL

Two very promising young players, as Rev says. Personally I don't think the Rovers can have too many promising young players like these two.

It's a good job Paul Bradshaw isn't about these days, if the current regime had been in charge when Roger Jones was sold we'd have probably signed some no mark 30+ year old to replace him and Bradshaw would never have seen the light of day. Not for us anyway.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

It's a good job Paul Bradshaw isn't about these days, if the current regime had been in charge when Roger Jones was sold we'd have probably signed some now mark 30+ year old to replace him and Bradshaw would never have seen the light of day. Not for us anyway.

Not to mention John Butcher.

Why? If a player is a good player I'm not bothered who his agent is.

That's because you have your head in the sand. The club has been bled dry by crooked agents, and you don't think fans should be sensitive to who is representing our players?

• Like 1

That's because you have your head in the sand. The club has been bled dry by crooked agents, and you don't think fans should be sensitive to who is representing our players?

You are spot on and the post you were replying to there is either crassly stupid or beyond belief in terms of how naïve it is. You only need to look at Myles Anderson for starters, whose father deemed him to be good enough to play in the premier league. I don't know how much he costs the club, but I bet if that money stolen from us on that deal, was given back right now, it would save us from relegation. In addition to that, Leon Best, Danny Murphy and the likes were paid wages that they did not deserve even 10% of, just to line their agents pockets, so why a Rovers fan, would not mind who a players agent is, quite honestly beggars belief.

• Like 3

• Backroom

What good do the likes of Ryan Nyambe and Raya bring to our English game ?

From my limited viewing of both Raya looks like a lot of young keepers, can make some stunning saves but prone to errors - either play him ahead of the hapless and will never get better Steele or ship him out on loan.

Nyambe has all the physical traits but got a bit exposed playing against some good wingers.

Was very good on Saturday especially going forward and I believe he started the move for our goal.

I would persevere with him in the first team.

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

Why? If a player is a good player I'm not bothered who his agent is.

From the hundreds of players that have come through the Ewood door over the past six years wouldn't say there gave been too many good players would you parsons.

But then building a good team to win trophies isn't in the current plan at Ewood jus mOving players in and out.

Scousers and jocks out right now would you say parsonsblue !

Repeat does Liam Feeney put a tackle in ?

Edited by JAL

From the hundreds of players that have come through the Ewood door over the past six years wouldn't say there gave been too many good players would you parsons.

But then building a good team to win trophies isn't in the current plan at Ewood jus mOving players in and out.

Clearly, I look at it from a different perspective. I'm interested in watching players develop and some will make it but the overwhelming majority won't and that has always been the case. Just look at the number of players registered with the club at the Football League in the 50's and 60's and look how many actually made the Central League team, let alone the first team. If you have a hang up with folk from Liverpool or Scotland, or indeed, footballers from abroad, that's your issue not mine. I have no problem about where a person comes from. As for Feeney, he certainly wouldn't be in my starting eleven but then neither would Conway.

• Like 1

It's not as though being done over by agents is exclusive to the last 6 years though. It's as if we never signed the likes of Dahlin, Ward, Dailly, Peacock, Grabbi Amoruso Ferguson etc.

It's not as though being done over by agents is exclusive to the last 6 years though. It's as if we never signed the likes of Dahlin, Ward, Dailly, Peacock, Grabbi Amoruso Ferguson etc.

In those days we had a Rovers board who'd sanction those deals in the hope of doing the best for the club these days they've been cut out and it's open season.

Clearly, I look at it from a different perspective. I'm interested in watching players develop and some will make it but the overwhelming majority won't and that has always been the case. Just look at the number of players registered with the club at the Football League in the 50's and 60's and look how many actually made the Central League team, let alone the first team. If you have a hang up with folk from Liverpool or Scotland, or indeed, footballers from abroad, that's your issue not mine. I have no problem about where a person comes from. As for Feeney, he certainly wouldn't be in my starting eleven but then neither would Conway.

I used to watch the Central League team and the juniors then. I remember seeing Billy Wilson playing for the " A " team against a pal of mine who played for Rochdale Reserves. I couldn't believe how bad Billy was, he was a little tubby guy and really got the run around off my mate who was a really quick right winger. Talking to my pal later he said " I wish I could play against that lad every week ".

Twelve months later Billy had trimmed down and was playing in the Rovers first team against top First Division sides. He later developed into a tough, pacey, hard tackling full back who could also play football.

Our man of the match in that game, who absolutely ran the show in midfield and who both me and my pal were convinced couldn't fail in the game never made the first team and drifted into non league football shortly after.

You never can tell with young players, ability is only part of the equation.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

Are you an agent?

Would agents talk about players this way questioning their the players capability to perform to the standards required.

Two very average foreign lads brought in by SEM Kentaro linked local agents. I'll spit parsons can swallow.

There's a difference between a few dodgy signings over the years and the club being run exclusively to serve agents. We both know this but you are being deliberately obtuse.

• Like 2

Would agents talk about players this way questioning their the players capability to perform to the standards required.

Two very average foreign lads brought in by SEM Kentaro linked local agents. I'll spit parsons can swallow.

Well that's one good thing that SEM Kentaro have done if they have brought us these two promising young players.