BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

Mixed feelings on Matty Platt yes I think he's good but watching that Burnley u23 game can see he needs his game to develop more to give assurances that he can step up. 

A Glen Keeley or Derek Fazakerley type of defensive coaching is what today's players need.

15 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Travis is better in midfield but is a solid full-back when asked to play in that position.  Doyle is developing into a decent left-back but untried at senior level.  One you have missed is Matty Platt, who is captain of the Under-23's and every bit as good as Wharton. 

Hard to understand though why Wharton hasn't been promoted to the first team squad - particularly when we have a lack of cover. Is Brown really a better, even cheaper, option?

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Wharton and Platt have been together for a number of years coming through the ranks together.  I think the only way you find out about them Tyrone is by giving them game time with the seniors.  Nyambe seems to have made the step up, although I've no doubt he'll make errors as he's still young and learning, but he doesn't seem out of place at that level.  I'm sure there are others in the Under-23's who could do the same but throwing them into a relegation struggle, particularly with the present manager, would be asking a huge amount of them.

It's a tricky one Parson. Young players aren't weighed down much by previous failure and they've got the confidence and optimism of youth. They'll keep running when older players have given the game up as lost.

On the reverse side of side of the coin they're learning on the job and it's s steep learning curve. They make mistakes and in a relegation battle those mistakes can be very costly.

• Like 1

Nyambe has improved dramatically since being thrown in the deep end. You can see him gaining in confidence and giving as good as he gets physically. I thought he was quite poor when I saw him in the under 23s but look at him now.

Perhaps we should play plenty of the youngsters this season to get them blooded and for them to hit the ground running next season in League 1. We are going down regardless of playing Greer, Brown, Graham and Mulgrew etc. 

"You never win anything with kids". You might just win a relegation battle. And if you don't, you start next season all the stronger.

• Like 1

Just now, preston blue said:

The under 21's are at Southport tonight.  I saw Parson Blue setting off from Hoghton Bottoms to watch the game - I hope it is a good result for us.

Game ended 1 1 but Rovers won 3 2 on penalties after a few missed.

• Like 1

Thing about Nyambe is he has that physical strength already for a young lad so it's easier to swim rather than sink. Hanley, Jones were the same and Darragh so they are halfway there if they have some ability as well.

First saw him a few years ago at Leigh and he looked the part then physically. 

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

Thing about Nyambe is he has that physical strength already for a young lad so it's easier to swim rather than sink. Hanley, Jones were the same and Darragh so they are halfway there if they have some ability as well.

First saw him a few years ago at Leigh and he looked the part then physically. 

Whilst Nyambe clearly had a physical advantage at youth level now he's in the first team that advantage is no longer there so he has to rely on ability and that ability is average at best.

Hear he put two crosses into the stands on Saturday. Don...kee !!!

• Backroom
16 minutes ago, JAL said:

Whilst Nyambe clearly had a physical advantage at youth level now he's in the first team that advantage is no longer there so he has to rely on ability and that ability is average at best.

On the flip side he was part of a defence that kept a clean sheet, you have often criticised strikers that didn't score regardless of how they played or any other factors so by that metric he had a stormer!

9 hours ago, JAL said:

He played very well on Saturday Jal, just as he has done so in the past few games.  He's finding his feet at this level and learning very quickly.  So far he looks quite at home playing at Championship level.

• Like 1

Last night's game at Southport wasn't the best.  A bitterly cold night and an awful playing surface but a good win for the young lads against a Southport team playing in front of their new manager.  Southport had the better of the first half but the Rovers finished the stronger of the two sides with Mansell scoring a cracking goal.  Andy Fisher was the star of the night - good saves during the game and brilliant in the penalty shoot-out.  Fleetwood at home in the semi-finals is the reward for a winning a really tough game.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bazza said:

Nyambe has improved dramatically since being thrown in the deep end. You can see him gaining in confidence and giving as good as he gets physically. I thought he was quite poor when I saw him in the under 23s but look at him now.

Perhaps we should play plenty of the youngsters this season to get them blooded and for them to hit the ground running next season in League 1. We are going down regardless of playing Greer, Brown, Graham and Mulgrew etc. 

"You never win anything with kids". You might just win a relegation battle. And if you don't, you start next season all the stronger.

Mulgrew is our best player at the moment.

On 08/02/2017 at 11:22 PM, Tom said:

On the flip side he was part of a defence that kept a clean sheet, you have often criticised strikers that didn't score regardless of how they played or any other factors so by that metric he had a stormer!

How poor are QPR Tom ? Could they have been two up inside the first two minutes ?

On 09/02/2017 at 8:50 AM, Parsonblue said:

He played very well on Saturday Jal, just as he has done so in the past few games.  He's finding his feet at this level and learning very quickly.  So far he looks quite at home playing at Championship level.

Expectations Parsons putting the ball into the stands from an attacking point of view isn't everybody's cup of tea and it certainly doesn't win you games. Let's let the readers know that this is common practice down at Brockhall from Ryan Nyambe.

As for learning ....learning who's he learning from ? 

Just now, JAL said:

Expectations Parsons putting the ball into the stands from an attacking point of view isn't everybody's cup of tea and it certainly doesn't win you games. Let's let the readers know that this is common practice down at Brockhall from Ryan Nyambe.

As for learning ....learning who's he learning from ? 

I've seen huge improvements in the lad this season so he is clearly learning from someone.  Everyone who I sit with at Ewood, who never go to the Under-23 or Under-18's, have been hugely impressed with him.  He looks the real deal at the moment but obviously, we need to see if he can deliver over a number of seasons with the same level of consistency that he is showing now.

• Like 1