BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Or Rovers have gone cap in hand to United and asked if they can use their 'highlights' (very limited in content) because they've neglected to cover it themselves.

Either way - are you satisfied with a meagre 6 minutes of highlights to cover a battering of Man Utd? I'd expect a bit more content than that from a home game especially when most people have been unable to go to it due to a direct clash with a senior fixture.

I think 6 minutes is enough, though longer would be nice of course.

Hell, if the first team beat Manure we would probably still only get the usual 2 minutes of highlights, so 6 is a serious improvement!

On that note, it does bug me that we do such meagre highlights for senior games, and with no replays. Some other clubs post 5+ minutes as extended highlights of our matches with them, but we never do. I'm curious why. Perhaps we have to pay a tiny bit more to the league or whoever to post longer highlights? Or just our staff can't be arsed to compile it? Or Waggott trying to keep as much of the 'product' behind the paywall as he can under the misguided impression it will help generate more sales?

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Hell, if the first team beat Manure we would probably still only get the usual 2 minutes of highlights, so 6 is a serious improvement!

On that note, it does bug me that we do such meagre highlights for senior games, and with no replays. Some other clubs post 5+ minutes as extended highlights of our matches with them, but we never do. I'm curious why. Perhaps we have to pay a tiny bit more to the league or whoever to post longer highlights? Or just our staff can't be arsed to compile it? Or Waggott trying to keep as much of the 'product' behind the paywall as he can under the misguided impression it will help generate more sales?

The can't be arsed bit seems favourite to me.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Sky shows 12 minutes highlights of the game each week. 

Also you can watch the full game back on RoversTV. No payment is needed and is free as long as you set up an account with Rovers. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Sometimes 6 minutes is enough. Some times it’s more than enough.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sky shows 12 minutes highlights of the game each week. 

Also you can watch the full game back on RoversTV. No payment is needed and is free as long as you set up an account with Rovers. 

Sky website or tv? I don't have Sky.

I don't usually want to watch the full match again when I know the result either, although it's good that's available for those who do, or live overseas and can bear to avoid knowing the result first.

If we are allowed to show the entire match again then we are definitely just being lazy about putting an extended highlights together.

Edited by bluebruce

17 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I don't usually want to watch the full match again when I know the result either, although it's good that's available for those who do, or live overseas and can bear to avoid knowing the result first.

If we are allowed to show the entire match again then we are definitely just being lazy about putting an extended highlights together.

On Sky Sports football channel on Sunday morning. 

I don't think its lazy at all. Rovers provided 2 or 3 minutes highlights of each game and then both TV companies provided decent highlights of the game. Plenty of ways to see some form of highlights. Rovers provided the full game for fans like myself who like to watch the game back or away games I can't attend or not on Sky

• Moderation Lead
28 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

You can get the Sky highlights on their website and mobile app too 👍.

10 hours ago, bluebruce said:

It will be down to cost, the extended have to be obtained from somewhere.

Also they should get a better build in video player, one that allows going back in say 10 second jumps. Trying that as an estimate on a mobile is nigh impossible with the current set up.

Zak Gilsenan back on the bench after a long injury recovery period. No, Hilton, Markanday, Rankin-Costello or Cirino. Sam Burns and Dan Pike continue to be absent - injured? Eastham returns after Rovers had no goalkeeper on the bench in the last game.

I'd be curious to know how many Rovers take on a first team matchday nowadays, because one would've thought that Buckely would be a reserve, in case of injury or illness pre-game. However, he's playing today for the U21s. Perhaps, they go with just the 18?

Edit:

Rovers win 1-3, courtesy of Wood, Leonard and a late Buckley free-kick. City took the lead. Courtesy of @ManCityAcademy

Edited by riverholmes

5 hours ago, riverholmes said:

Zak Gilsenan back on the bench after a long injury recovery period. No, Hilton, Markanday, Rankin-Costello or Cirino. Sam Burns and Dan Pike continue to be absent - injured? Eastham returns after Rovers had no goalkeeper on the bench in the last game.

I'd be curious to know how many Rovers take on a first team matchday nowadays, because one would've thought that Buckely would be a reserve, in case of injury or illness pre-game. However, he's playing today for the U21s. Perhaps, they go with just the 18?

Edit:

Rovers win 1-3, courtesy of Wood, Leonard and a late Buckley free-kick. City took the lead. Courtesy of @ManCityAcademy

Markanday was 19th man today and Hilton was there as 3rd keeper in case Kaminski or Pears got injury in warm up 

• Like 1

The run the U21s are on atm seems to have snuck under the radar a bit on here. That's 4 wins in a row isn't it, after a poor start?

Rovers 9 Manchester 1 so far this season, quality stuff! I know some will say their best youngsters are out on loan, but many of ours are injured / coming back from injury or with the first team, & aside from Edun, Buckley & Vale, the other players were all on the younger side I think.

I don't know if JDT's use of the games to give a couple of senior players some game time when rotating is a factor, but it doesn't seem to be doing them any harm. If it also pays dividends by keeping rotatable first teamers fit & sharp then it's win win for the club.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

I would put it down to us playing first team players in the U21s more and like you say, the top clubs best young players aren’t playing in U21 football. 

I think that slightly undersells us though, given we had a 17y/o CB & several 18 yr olds in the team too, with one other in the senior squad.

Not only that, from what I've read we thoroughly deserved the win, on table-topping City's own patch. No mean feat I'd say.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

I think that slightly undersells us though, given we had a 17y/o CB & several 18 yr olds in the team too, with one other in the senior squad.

City's 18 year olds are playing for Sheff Utd and Stoke from the start.  That u21s is tin pot really,  can't see the point myself

Edited by Sparks Rover

3 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

City's 18 year olds are playing for Sheff Utd and Stoke from the start.  That u21s is tin pot really,  can't see the point myself

You can't see the point? Where else are they all going to play whilst they develop? They can't all get loans to Championship sides at 18.

10 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Liam Delap at Stoke is 19, he turns 20 in February.

Tommy Doyle at Sheff Utd is 20, he turns 21 next week.

James McAtee at Sheff Utd is 19, he turns 20 next week.

I think my point stands!

• Like 7

It's the first of three home matches tonight in the Premier League Intercontinental Cup. Tonight we play VFL Wolfsburg followed by FC Porto on November 16th and Celtic on December 20th. For adult season ticket holders it's only £10 for all three.

If you're tired of the humdrum of Tomassons football get yourself down to Ewood tonight and see the potential we have coming through.

• Like 2