BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Yeah the club offered 1.1k when he wanted 3k.

According to this...

http://www.onaverage.co.uk/money-averages/average-premier-league-salary

...that's less than your average League Two player.

But as a strategy it isn't even consistent with the previous money spinning idea of growing our own talent and selling them for big money. To let Mahoney walk for a compensation deal would be very bad business as well as bad for the team and the fans.

Hope you're wrong Dunn. Having just signed Raya they need to be prioritising talks with Mahoney this week. £3k per week is peanuts in football terms.

Just now, Stuart said:

According to this...

http://www.onaverage.co.uk/money-averages/average-premier-league-salary

...that's less than your average League Two player.

But as a strategy it isn't even consistent with the previous money spinning idea of growing our own talent and selling them for big money. To let Mahoney walk for a compensation deal would be very bad business as well as bad for the team and the fans.

Hope you're wrong Dunn. Having just signed Raya they need to be prioritising talks with Mahoney this week. £3k per week is peanuts in football terms.

I'd heard it from a Very good source, that it literally was that. Happened six weeks ago if i recall?

Just now, JAL said:

Don't have to be there chaddy as I know what your seeing but if he proves me wrong then that can only be good for Rovers first team which we'd all take.

Do you think Ryan Nyambe is premiership material ?

At this moment in time, the question should be is he Championship material?

Rovers are no where near the premiership lets not judge our players above the station they are it. Next season we may need to judge if his league one standard.

1 hour ago, DanielMB said:

We should think about handing Nyambe a new contract as well as we should Mahoney

I would be getting Nyambe to sign a new contract. Performances have improved game by game. of course he will have bad days and that's to be expected at his age but under Mowbray and his coaching team I think he will keep improving

Just now, JAL said:

Don't have to be there chaddy as I know what your seeing but if he proves me wrong then that can only be good for Rovers first team which we'd all take.

Do you think Ryan Nyambe is premiership material ?

Firstly, You have to be there to judge a player and to see the improvement of a player. I think he has proven you wrong but you seem to have a personal issue with him.

secondly, we are in the championship not the premiership. so its doesn't matter at this stage if he is premiership material. I will worry about that when we get there and not before.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I would be getting Nyambe to sign a new contract. Performances have improved game by game. of course he will have bad days and that's to be expected at his age but under Mowbray and his coaching team I think he will keep improving

Firstly, You have to be there to judge a player and to see the improvement of a player. I think he has proven you wrong but you seem to have a personal issue with him.

secondly, we are in the championship not the premiership. so its doesn't matter at this stage if he is premiership material. I will worry about that when we get there and not before.

Maybe this is why we are different in that I'm wanting players capable of playing premiership football not lower league chump chips.

If Connor is only offered.1.1 k per week then so should Ryan Nyambe not a penny more and how much of a cut will his agent get ?

Edited by JAL

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

At this moment in time, the question should be is he Championship material?

Rovers are no where near the premiership lets not judge our players above the station they are it. Next season we may need to judge if his league one standard.

If your going put in young struggling championship players then how are you going to progress with the likes of Nyambe and Raya.

Are you determined to keep supporting players that will keep Rovers down for ever and a day ?

Just now, JAL said:

Maybe this is why we are different in that I'm wanting players capable of playing premiership football not lower league chump chips.

If Connor is only offered.1.1 k per week then so should Ryan Nyambe not a penny more and how much of a cut will his agent get ?

Premiership football standard players at Rovers ? Have you been in a coma for the last five years ? That ship sailed a long while ago. However if you want to start a fighting fund I'll see if I can find Wayne Rooney's agents phone number.

• Like 3

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Premiership football standard players at Rovers ? Have you been in a coma for the last five years ? That ship sailed a long while ago. However if you want to start a fighting fund I'll see if I can find Wayne Rooney's agents phone number.

Fair enough ! I'll campaign for higher standards whilst you guys just suck and swallow and the Rovers slump further.

Just now, JAL said:

But we aren't challenging for promotion tho Jal.

We need to stay up 1st before even thinking of promotion to the PL

Nyambe is currently playing well but all you do is pointless negative points about him which IMO aren't valid

Edited by chaddyrovers

But we aren't challenging for promotion tho Jal.

We need to stay up 1st before even thinking of promotion to the PL

Nyambe is currently playing well but all you do is pointless negative points about him which IMO aren't valid

Don't big up an also ran if he aint challenging for promotion ffs !

At this moment in time every first teamer has a question over their heads as to wether they are championship standard players.

The league doesn't lie.

Edited by JAL

Just now, JAL said:

If your going put in young struggling championship players then how are you going to progress with the likes of Nyambe and Raya.

Are you determined to keep supporting players that will keep Rovers down for ever and a day ?

Nyambe is playing well at the minute. Look at his performances in the last 2 games

How are players like Nyambe or Raya going to keep us down?

You even admit you haven't seen Nyambe played recently but you choose to judge when you have no idea.

The squad is good enough in this league and should be mid table under a good manager which Mowbray is doing and performances are better. Team is more organised and there is a clear game plan and the players are playing towards which we lacked under the previous manager. The players know what the plan is and we are playing to that plan.

Edited by chaddyrovers

Nyambe is playing well at the minute. Look at his performances in the last 2 games

You even admit you haven't seen Nyambe played recently but you choose to judge when you have no idea.

He's still suspect in my eyes chaddy, looks ok at the moment as we've not had an out and out right back for years.

He's still scared of crossing and heading which are pre-requisites for any full back role. Positionally naive but getting slightly better.

• Like 1

To be fair to Jal, he's not on his own making comments on players/games he hasn't seen.

Just have a gander at the Wigan thread :lol:

Edited by Doug

Just now, Dunnfc said:

He's still suspect in my eyes chaddy, looks ok at the moment as we've not had an out and out right back for years.

He's still scared of crossing and heading which are pre-requisites for any full back role. Positionally naive but getting slightly better.

You mention heading as I've never seen Ryan Nyambe for such a big boy head a ball and this is over the past three years not just this season. What's he like when defending corners and free kicks ? 

Just now, Dunnfc said:

I think at his age he will have suspect moments. Think his heading is very decent. Crossing needs to work on but Under Mowbray I can see this improving.

I noticed before the last 2 home games that David Lowe works with the back 4 before the game and all the back 4 work on their positioning and staying together as a unit

The squad is good enough in this league and should be mid table under a good manager which Mowbray is doing and performances are better. Team is more organised and there is a clear game plan and the players are playing towards which we lacked under the previous manager. The players know what the plan is and we are playing to that plan.

Mid table mediocrity means nothing except for losers ......

I think at his age he will have suspect moments. Think his heading is very decent. Crossing needs to work on but Under Mowbray I can see this improving.

I noticed before the last 2 home games that David Lowe works with the back 4 before the game and all the back 4 work on their positioning and staying together as a unit

Did you see the results of David Lowes under 18's &17's teams chaddy when he was in charge something that parsonsblue is steering away from it would seem.

Just now, JAL said:

Mid table mediocrity means nothing except for losers ......

Mid table means we stay up. that's is all that matters.

maybe you want us to go then you can thinking what colour of tie Mowbray will be wearing next season :lol:

Just now, JAL said:

Did you see the results of David Lowes under 18's &17's teams chaddy when he was in charge something that parsonsblue is steering away from it would seem.

as long as Mowbray is happy with Lowe as his number 2 that's all that matters.

Edited by chaddyrovers

48 minutes ago, JAL said:

Normally I'd agree with you but with the management and coaching of the previous regime even players who we know are better were performing at a league one level. Its unfair to expect a youth team player to come in and be premiership level from day one, especially in a team playing as poorly as we were. 

The new manager has started to rebuild confidence. Fitness will surely follow and hopefully performance levels will increase of all the team. 

A couple of weeks ago Championship level players would have been an improvement on what ww were watching. The four young players who have featured could with the right coaching could hold their heads in the Championship. If one or two can kick on and play premiership standard then all the better. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

maybe you want us to go then you can thinking what colour of tie Mowbray will be wearing next season :lol:

I don't know why you bother chaddy.  Jal is a WUM and nothing more.  I no longer get involved in any of his discussions.  Makes this board far more enjoyable when you ignore certain posters that you believe are simply WUM.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is it Mowbray or somebody else in the corridors of Ewood Park.

59 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I don't know why you bother chaddy.  Jal is a WUM and nothing more.  I no longer get involved in any of his discussions.  Makes this board far more enjoyable when you ignore certain posters that you believe are simply WUM.

No Wum parsons I was seeking your thoughts on David Lowes surprise elevation promotion and you've sidestepped it after asking you many times.

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

Parson do you think Travis or Doyle are far off making the step up?Not a massive fan of Williams,do you think Doyle has something to offer at left back?