BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

Just now, islander200 said:

Parson do you think Travis or Doyle are far off making the step up?Not a massive fan of Williams,do you think Doyle has something to offer at left back?

To be fair both have looked very good.  Travis can play right-back or midfield whilst Doyle, although tried in left-sided midfield roles, is a far better left-back.  Travis has, deservedly been in and around the first team this season whilst Doyle is not too far away and certainly a far better bet than Hendrie was ever likely to be.  At the moment I would think Williams probably still has the edge over him.  There is a pool of very good young players at the club in Raya, Nyambe, Travis, Platt, Wharton, Doyle, Mols, Tomlinson, Hardcastle and Mahoney.  There are also a number of younger ones who are beginning to make an impression at Under-18 level.

• Like 1

The thing is Nyambes contract runs out in 2018. As of right now he is probably our best option at right back. He is doing good and looking at Venkys track record we won't be investing heavily in new players so we might as well renew with Nyambe and hope he is the real deal. Seems like a good investment to me. He sure has the qualities to become a very good championship player.

Just now, Parsonblue said:

To be fair both have looked very good.  Travis can play right-back or midfield whilst Doyle, although tried in left-sided midfield roles, is a far better left-back.  Travis has, deservedly been in and around the first team this season whilst Doyle is not too far away and certainly a far better bet than Hendrie was ever likely to be.  At the moment I would think Williams probably still has the edge over him.  There is a pool of very good young players at the club in Raya, Nyambe, Travis, Platt, Wharton, Doyle, Mols, Tomlinson, Hardcastle and Mahoney.  There are also a number of younger ones who are beginning to make an impression at Under-18 level.

What kind of midfielder is Tomlinson Parson? An energetic tough tackler or more of a playmaker type? I.e. would he come in for Lowe or Guthrie if he was starting?

How is Butterworth finding the under 23's level? 

Can I ask what type of player is Mols? 

I expect 6 or 7 of those you mention in our 1st team squad next season of 25 players

Important question are they capable of getting Rovers into the premiership next season .

Or are Rovers simply being used by their agents to groom them for money .

Thanks.Notice you never mentioned Mansell?Do you not rate him?Have you seen much of Butterworth?Been a while since the academy has provided a decent striker

23 minutes ago, DanielMB said:

Maybe there is a third or fourth possibility?

Maybe we should start asking parsons how many of the young players don't have agents and who are the agents. That would be more revealing.

Edited by JAL

I have been very impressed with Travis the last few games. He has Nyambe ahead of him, but he is a much more of an attacking threat, without the strength and physicality. Technically much better. 

Butterworth is light weight and reminds me of a young Michael Owen, will need another year before moving up at least.

Rankins-Costello should be in and around the first team once safety is achieved. 

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RV Blue said:

What kind of midfielder is Tomlinson Parson? An energetic tough tackler or more of a playmaker type? I.e. would he come in for Lowe or Guthrie if he was starting?

Tomlinson is an energetic tough tackler.  Covers the ground, is a ninety minute players and has a terrific shot on him.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

How is Butterworth finding the under 23's level? 

Can I ask what type of player is Mols? 

I expect 6 or 7 of those you mention in our 1st team squad next season of 25 players

Butterworth has great potential but has only just moved up to Under-23's.  Needs more time to develop at this level.

Mols is a dynamic midfield player who gets forward and can create chances.  Plays central or can play wide on the right.  It's only this season that he has broken into the Under-23's.

29 minutes ago, RagarF said:

I believe Fisher is well thought of and he is nearly three years younger than RAYA. Plus Rankin-Costello looks the part and is even younger.

Fisher has looked a very capable goalkeeper this season and shown plenty of potential.  Josh Powell, who impressed in pre-season, has now joined the ranks so we are well served in this department.  Joe had a little dip in form whilst there was uncertainty about his contract but now that has been signed he has shown a return to form.  Another who will be knocking on the senior squad door next season.

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

Thanks.Notice you never mentioned Mansell?Do you not rate him?Have you seen much of Butterworth?Been a while since the academy has provided a decent striker

Mansell has scored goals and is a hard working lad but it's difficult to know if he will make the grade as so few strikers seem to make it.

• Like 3

From the games I've seen and I bow to Parsons superior knowledge as I don't watch as many games I can't disagree with anything he says regarding the players mentioned however I can virtually guarantee mansell will never make a league player. Conference at best

Back to the topic, but sticking to positive things rather than being a damn negative supporter.

I've been going to watch the development squad this season and feel really positive for the future. 

I'm a big fan of Nyambe and Mahoney being in the first team, as they were brilliant for the reserves, and if I was Damien Johnson I'd of been gutted that they'd made the step up as they played a big part in that team - obviously thats the whole point in the team but you get what I mean.

Rankins-Costello is my one for the future. Real warrior, and you always notice him on the pitch when some of the lads just blend in to wearing a blue and white shirt. He does get booked a lot as he's a bit hot headed, but maybe that's a good thing as he wont take any messing from the rough and tumble of the Championship.

I was really impressed with Mols at the Cardiff game - It was the first time I've seen him get on for the reserves, and he ran his heart out. I believe he play in an unfamiliar position? so every credit to the lad.

I really like Fisher too. I've never seen Raya play so I can't compare, but I'd be happy to see him as no.2 to Steele. He's vocal, seems confident and pulled off some good saves in the shoot-out away at Southport when we all froze our nuts off. 

Edited by AlFowler
  • Like 2

Just now, AlFowler said:

I'm a big fan of Nyambe and Mahoney being in the first team, as they were brilliant for the reserves, and if I was Damien Johnson I'd of been gutted that they'd made the step up as they played a big part in that team - obviously thats the whole point in the team but you get what I mean.

On the contrary, he will be delighted whenever someone breaks through. 

Fair play to you for turning out to see the young 'uns developing by the way.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AlFowler said:

Back to the topic, but sticking to positive things rather than being a damn negative supporter.

I've been going to watch the development squad this season and feel really positive for the future. 

Rankins-Costello is my one for the future. Real warrior, and you always notice him on the pitch when some of the lads just blend in to wearing a blue and white shirt. He does get booked a lot as he's a bit hot headed, but maybe that's a good thing as he wont take any messing from the rough and tumble of the Championship.

I was really impressed with Mols at the Cardiff game - It was the first time I've seen him get on for the reserves, and he ran his heart out. I believe he play in an unfamiliar position? so every credit to the lad.

I really like Fisher too. I've never seen Raya play so I can't compare, but I'd be happy to see him as no.2 to Steele. He's vocal, seems confident and pulled off some good saves in the shoot-out away at Southport when we all froze our nuts off. 

You cannot be positive for the future unless you know that these promising youngsters will be nurtured into full fledged first-teamers and not flogged off to pay the electricity bill.

That's not negative so much as reality born out of experience. Do you have a different Venky experience?

1 hour ago, AlFowler said:

Parsons ignored me so I'll ask you. :) What type of player is Butterworth? Is he quick etc?

Good post BTW, it's good to hear how the young uns are doing as I don't get to watch them. Keep us updated.

Ignore JAL, he's lost the plot.

Edited by blueboy3333

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Parsons ignored me so I'll ask you. :) What type of player is Butterworth? Is he quick etc?

Good post BTW, it's good to hear how the young uns are doing as I don't get to watch them. Keep us updated.

Ignore JAL, he's lost the plot.

Apologies for missing you out of the post the other day.  Butterworth is not the biggest lad but seems to know where the goal is.  Holds the ball up and lays it off well.  A fair turn of speed and can finish.  Not one that is easily knocked off the ball.  Reminds me of a young Simon Garner to be honest.  Early days but another lad that seems to have huge potential.

Apologies for missing you out of the post the other day.  Butterworth is not the biggest lad but seems to know where the goal is.  Holds the ball up and lays it off well.  A fair turn of speed and can finish.  Not one that is easily knocked off the ball.  Reminds me of a young Simon Garner to be honest.  Early days but another lad that seems to have huge potential.

Cheers Parson, I was getting worried there!

If he's in the Garner mould then we've got a proper forward on our hands. Beattie must be the last good one we produced. 

I have a friend whose son Plays for Barrow, who are flying high in the conference. He went to their home game with Tranmere last night, which they won 2-1 after being 0-1 down. He sent me a message this morning to say, they had one of our youngsters playing in defence called Matty Platt. He said he had a great game, so may be one for the future.

It is good to see he is getting game time, at a decent level.

Just now, 1arC said:

I have a friend whose son Plays for Barrow, who are flying high in the conference. He went to their home game with Tranmere last night, which they won 2-1 after being 0-1 down. He sent me a message this morning to say, they had one of our youngsters playing in defence called Matty Platt. He said he had a great game, so may be one for the future.

It is good to see he is getting game time, at a decent level.

Playing against men even at a lower level will toughen him up. He'll learn how to give as good as he gets physically and look after himself off the ball.i

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces