BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

• 2 weeks later...

Going down to ewood tonight to watch next seasons first 11. I had a thought without trying to sound like a hippie lol. I don't know anyone bar one person from this board and with all the doom and gloom thought tonight's game could be used as night for people on this board to meet up in person and make it a more friendly place. At a bar before hand or in a stand in the ground to get to now your fellow posters. Be good to put faces to names

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Going down to ewood tonight to watch next seasons first 11. I had a thought without trying to sound like a hippie lol. I don't know anyone bar one person from this board and with all the doom and gloom thought tonight's game could be used as night for people on this board to meet up in person and make it a more friendly place. At a bar before hand or in a stand in the ground to get to now your fellow posters. Be good to put faces to names

Wasn't going to go but I might see you there if the plumber I'm still waiting for finishes the job in time.

A cracking first half (0-0) of football which was shaded by Rovers.

We hit the inside of the bar and it came down onto the line and both Willem Tomlinson and Anthony Stokes has brilliant shots saved.

Tomlinson and Elliot Ward were stand out players for me.  Tomlinson is as hard as nails and has good position and distribution.

Raya did not have a save to make although he was chivvying the outfield players all game, his distribution was excellent.

Probably one of the most enjoyable games I have seen at Rovers for some time.

It will be interesting to see away the other PB (Parson) has to say.

• Like 4

Good solid performance today. Rayas distribution was excellent and should be pushing for a first team place. Hardcastle and Tomlinson were excellent in midfield as was Thomson on the right. Ward looked composed and solid whilst Stokes was clearly a class above and should also be in contention come Friday. All in all an excellent display from the young lads

• Like 1

1 hour ago, preston blue said:

A cracking first half (0-0) of football which was shaded by Rovers.

We hit the inside of the bar and it came down onto the line and both Willem Tomlinson and Anthony Stokes has brilliant shots saved.

Tomlinson and Elliot Ward were stand out players for me.  Tomlinson is as hard as nails and has good position and distribution.

Raya did not have a save to make although he was chivvying the outfield players all game, his distribution was excellent.

Probably one of the most enjoyable games I have seen at Rovers for some time.

It will be interesting to see away the other PB (Parson) has to say.

To be honest pb, I've enjoyed watching the Under-23's this season far more than the first team.  There have been some thrashing - away at Villa and Middlesbrough - but in the main the games have provided cracking entertainment.  These lads want to play for the club, have improved under the guidance of Johnson and Dunn and play the way those two did at senior level.  Tomlinson is surely better than what we have in the first team at the moment in midfield.  I thought Ward looked comfortable whilst Stokes looks fitter than he has for months.  Put the likes of Mulgrew and Bennett, as older heads, with Raya, Nyambe, Lenihan and these lads and I'm sure they would be more than capable of giving it a go in League One if we go down. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

To be honest pb, I've enjoyed watching the Under-23's this season far more than the first team.  There have been some thrashing - away at Villa and Middlesbrough - but in the main the games have provided cracking entertainment.  These lads want to play for the club, have improved under the guidance of Johnson and Dunn and play the way those two did at senior level.  Tomlinson is surely better than what we have in the first team at the moment in midfield.  I thought Ward looked comfortable whilst Stokes looks fitter than he has for months.  Put the likes of Mulgrew and Bennett, as older heads, with Raya, Nyambe, Lenihan and these lads and I'm sure they would be more than capable of giving it a go in League One if we go down. 

Excellent. I agree.