BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Ipswich Town

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope it's on telly.

It could well be on TV if the relegation spots are settled tonight. Looks to me like the play off places are the only thing up for grabs on Saturday. At least we will make a few quid for a rate TV appearance if we are! Should help with FFP as Leeds have been on Sky 11 times to our 1 so far and that nets them a nice tidy sum. Financial Farcical play, with the Sky money being so out of kilter, in my view

What is the fascination with Leeds and $ky?...do they have some special club sponsorship?

I wonder how many of those Sky games have been away games for Leeds ?

It might be something to do with the big away followings and the atmosphere they create.

Plus of course there must be a hell of a lot of Sky dishes in the Leeds area.

• Backroom

You can put your house on this being a draw.

It would certainly suit both parties. Ipswich will guarantee themselves a playoff spot, whilst Bowyer can go to India and boast about having only lost 1 of the last 7 matches of the season - despite only one being a win and the rest draws.

It would certainly suit both parties. Ipswich will guarantee themselves a playoff spot, whilst Bowyer can go to India and boast about having only lost 1 of the last 7 matches of the season - despite only one being a win and the rest draws.

We'll be unbeaten in 7 league games if we avoid defeat - as you say Bowyer will rave about that on his trip to Pune, no doubt comparing it to our run at the back end of last season. In truth our performances haven't been a patch on those from the tail end of 2013/14 where it looked (bar the odd slip i.e. Yeovil) like we were finally clicking. As you say, we've still only won one of our last six too.

A potential double header on Saturday. Bamber Bridge are in the evo stick div 1 playoff final on saturday (again) and if spennymoor beat darlo tomorrow night the final will be a home game at irongate at 3pm

Or Darwen who are in their final at home saturday too

EDIT:

Rovers game now live on SKY

It could well be on TV if the relegation spots are settled tonight. Looks to me like the play off places are the only thing up for grabs on Saturday. At least we will make a few quid for a rate TV appearance if we are! Should help with FFP as Leeds have been on Sky 11 times to our 1 so far and that nets them a nice tidy sum. Financial Farcical play, with the Sky money being so out of kilter, in my view

I'm assuming 11 is an exaggerated number you plucked off your head?

This has been the kind of season that makes a total mockery of the end of game "lap of honour"

That's not something you have to concern yourself with thankfully, Shaun :closedeyes:

I'll give them a clap at the end but I certainly won't be hanging around as they all traipse round with their sons, daughters and chavvy girlfriends. United/WBA kick off at 17:30, I want a first pint by 20 past!

Never understood why players families are involved. Then again I'm old school and think players should be referred to by their surnames only :)

Doesn't bother me either way. In fact when we were paying PL wages some of those WAGS/MILFs were bloody good to look at. Sadly I'm not sure it would be quite the same calibre nowadays.

That's not something you have to concern yourself with thankfully, Shaun :closedeyes:

I'll give them a clap at the end but I certainly won't be hanging around as they all traipse round with their sons, daughters and chavvy girlfriends. United/WBA kick off at 17:30, I want a first pint by 20 past!

It will be a long lasting pint then.

I'll be hanging back after the final whistle to applaud the players as they take part in a lap of appreciation.

A cup QF and 9th in the league doesn't represent a disastrous season, despite the best efforts of some to make it so. You can be sure that teams from 10th down to 21st will be having laps of honour/respect, so why we shouldn't I'm not really clear on.

The ones who shouldn't be doing such things are the likes of Blackpool and Wigan who really have had shocking seasons.

• Moderation Lead

Bloody hell, where are you drinking? Our game will be done by 1400!! :rover:

I'll be hanging back after the final whistle to applaud the players as they take part in a lap of appreciation.

A cup QF and 9th in the league doesn't represent a disastrous season, despite the best efforts of some to make it so. You can be sure that teams from 10th down to 21st will be having laps of honour/respect, so why we shouldn't I'm not really clear on.

The ones who shouldn't be doing such things are the likes of Blackpool and Wigan who really have had shocking seasons.

Nice one Mr bowyer

• Backroom

Doesn't bother me either way. In fact when we were paying PL wages some of those WAGS/MILFs were bloody good to look at. Sadly I'm not sure it would be quite the same calibre nowadays.

A Championship wage is still pretty good.

It has been a shocking season for Rovers imo.

Anyhow as soon as the final whistle goes we are off to the Dressers Arms for end of season scoops. I am not stopping to clap that dross.

I read somewhere that since 2009/2010 Leeds have been live on Sky something like 35 times, compared to Rovers' measly 8.

I passed this fact onto a dirty Leeds fan at work who preceded to give me an obnoxious and lengthly speech on 'Brand Leeds United', being third only to Liverpool and Man United around the world!

Archived