BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Ipswich Town

I passed this fact onto a dirty Leeds fan at work who preceded to give me an obnoxious and lengthly speech on 'Brand Leeds United', being third only to Liverpool and Man United around the world!

Ask him why no more than 22k of the city's 700k+ plus inhabitants pitch up at Elland road most home games then ? Brand Leeds United not so big in Leeds it seems lol

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I passed this fact onto a dirty Leeds fan at work who preceded to give me an obnoxious and lengthly speech on 'Brand Leeds United', being third only to Liverpool and Man United around the world!

That is total balls. Ive been in Colombia and Brazil and all over Asia for the last 6 months. Never seen a Leeds shirt. Seen loads of Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal. They totally dominate - literally dozens of these shirts in every city from Rangoon, to Kuala Lumpur, Colombo, Cartagena, Salvador. Only other clubs in the same bracket are Real, Barca, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund (I was quite surprised by that last one). PSG are are making an appearance too.

There are a few man city knocking about but much less than the other 4 prem teams. And I've seen a couple of Spurs and, weirdly, Everton. No one else has got a look in. I doubt most people in Asia or South America even know who Leeds united are. Success and being on international TV builds your (ugh) global brand. Leeds have had neither.

A Championship wage is still pretty good.

It's certainly better than mine DE! Don't get me wrong, there'll still be some crackers in there, but I'm not sure they'll quite be at the level of the Prem lot.

Bit like starting your Bank Holiday Sunday in The Living Room and San Carlos in Manchester and then finally stumbling in to the station afterwards. Still a few women there and no doubt some of them will look okay, but let's face it they just aren't in the same league.

I'll be hanging back after the final whistle to applaud the players as they take part in a lap of appreciation.

A cup QF and 9th in the league doesn't represent a disastrous season, despite the best efforts of some to make it so. You can be sure that teams from 10th down to 21st will be having laps of honour/respect, so why we shouldn't I'm not really clear on.

The ones who shouldn't be doing such things are the likes of Blackpool and Wigan who really have had shocking seasons.

Can't agree at all there. Blackpool started on the first morning of the season with around five registered players on the books so it's no surprise whatsoever they've performed over the season and finished in the manner they have.

By way of contrast GB was allowed to keep his prime assets i.e. Rhodes and Gestede and they've duly obliged with 40 goals between them. In those corcumstances to finish without even landing a glove on the play off contenders let alone the automatic promotion places, and for the League season to have been a dead rubber by mid February has been an absolute disgrace imo.

I might be tempted to stop for a minute or two to to applaud Rhodes on the off chance it's the last time we see him in a Rovers shirt, other than that I'll be off down the tunnel on the final whistle without a backwards glance. Hoping for major changes on the pitch and in the dug out next season.

Our Gazza thinks Mickys done a wonderful job at Ipswich with little money.

Well I never..no shyte Sherlock! :rolleyes:

whilst overlooking we was only a point off last years play offs..ha. Progress i suppose.

Can't agree at all there. Blackpool started on the first morning of the season with around five registered players on the books so it's no surprise whatsoever they've performed over the season and finished in the manner they have.

By way of contrast GB was allowed to keep his prime assets i.e. Rhodes and Gestede and they've duly obliged with 40 goals between them. In those corcumstances to finish without even landing a glove on the play off contenders let alone the automatic promotion places, and for the League season to have been a dead rubber by mid February has been an absolute disgrace imo.

I might be tempted to stop for a minute or two to to applaud Rhodes on the off chance it's the last time we see him in a Rovers shirt, other than that I'll be off down the tunnel on the final whistle without a backwards glance. Hoping for major changes on the pitch and in the dug out next season.

Really Rev.With those two we should be in the mix but our manager/ coaching staff have no idea how to build the rest of the team to both capitalize on the those two and keep out the opposition hence rendering their efforts null and void. Rudy should be playing prem footy but with us.

Sadly with our staff we @#/? on our own chips. What was it over 20 points surrendered from winning positions, enough to see us top or second. The man has to go but the loons in Pune will have none of it.

I see us losing both RG and JR and with us giving the opposition a 2 goal freebie every game I fear we end up where we were when I first started going. Division 3.

Assuming the pre-match build up will mention several times how GB has brought stability back to this club and Done a fantastic job. I think this argument is a year out of date, if it was true in the first place, but you can bet it will be the angle today.

1-1 Rhodes.

• Backroom

Good work testing out the young lads Gaz!

Fair play on Raya, Lenihan came in due to injury and O'Sullivan has so far had about 15 minutes max in the league?

Be interesting to see if Nyambe gets on the pitch but expected Mahoney to be on the bench.

Archived