BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brad Friedel to retire

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope he develops good management skills - as in terms of integrity and standards he would be an ideal manager for any football club in the future. Especially rovers.

Love to see him come back.

Indeed so. In fact when he was here and his Academy was in it's infancy I rather hoped that we could be used to introduce emerging US talent to the European market to the benefit of all. As it turned out I was doubly disappointed when he left. Brad appears intelligent, level headed and full of integrity, a 'proper' man as Souness would have said. He may be just too 'nice' to deal with the harder side of management. Tugay on the other hand like so many talented players was by most accounts a moody bugger. Up one minute and in a dark mood the next. Extraordinary talent and the best footballer that I have seen in the blue and white ever BUT probably not the best management material.

Indeed so. In fact when he was here and his Academy was in it's infancy I rather hoped that we could be used to introduce emerging US talent to the European market to the benefit of all. As it turned out I was doubly disappointed when he left. Brad appears intelligent, level headed and full of integrity, a 'proper' man as Souness would have said. He may be just too 'nice' to deal with the harder side of management. Tugay on the other hand like so many talented players was by most accounts a moody bugger. Up one minute and in a dark mood the next. Extraordinary talent and the best footballe

that I have seen in the blue and white ever BUT probably not the best management material.

What about a combination of the two Theno, Clough and Taylorlike perhaps?

Indeed so. In fact when he was here and his Academy was in it's infancy I rather hoped that we could be used to introduce emerging US talent to the European market to the benefit of all. As it turned out I was doubly disappointed when he left. Brad appears intelligent, level headed and full of integrity, a 'proper' man as Souness would have said. He may be just too 'nice' to deal with the harder side of management. Tugay on the other hand like so many talented players was by most accounts a moody bugger. Up one minute and in a dark mood the next. Extraordinary talent and the best footballer that I have seen in the blue and white ever BUT probably not the best management material.

Theno, didn't Brad's academy go belly up, and he filed for bankrupcy?

Agree with everything else you said about the man. I'd like to think that he should have got more (yep he earned millions) out of football, more respect from those on the inside would have been a start. I always felt that many didn't give him the credit that was due to him.

There have been better keepers in the time I've been following football, but not too many.

Theno, didn't Brad's academy go belly up, and he filed for bankrupcy?

Agree with everything else you said about the man. I'd like to think that he should have got more (yep he earned millions) out of football, more respect from those on the inside would have been a start. I always felt that many didn't give him the credit that was due to him.

There have been better keepers in the time I've been following football, but not too many.

Indeed Dave. But none of those played for BRFC.

Reid was a great example of a player who upped his game through will power and hard work. Not particularly talented, an atrocious winger when he arrived- but through dedication turned himself into a very good central midfielder and a decent right back. Used his assets - physicality and athleticism - well.

Lowe should give him a call.

Archived