BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is It Time To Protest Against Venkys?

It's pointless, too many cowardice supporters who are happy to go along with whatever is put in front of them, Blackburn rovers fans are not really passionate fans on the whole, those of us who went to the protests the first time were trying to get our point across into deaf ears, most fans just want to go to the games and sing 'rovers, rovers, ra ra ra', they couldn't care less about what happens behind the scenes until its too late and by then they will be crying into their beer, I despise venkys, I don't like bowyer and those two forces have ruined my passion for the club (along with Kean), there's very little to look forward to regarding rovers now yet some fans firmly and deludely think otherwise. I would return to the fold if they were in league 1 if it meant getting rid of the dark forces.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there was a better owner wating to buy us I may agree to protest. But I don't think there is because the trust were trying to sell us for years with no takers.

I think in our current state we need venkys. That is not me saying they have been good - but I don't want ewood and brockhall sold and us become a pub team - which administration would risk. Dare I say we need venkys more than they need us - making them a necessary evil.

Protesting against them seems more risky now as I imagine with every year out of the premiership they lose a bit more interest in us and resent signing cheques even more. I think all fans can do is get to games, buy the shirts, and cheer on the boys.

I wouldn't berrate venkys if I saw them at Ewood - because they could kill our club.

Whilst we are stuck with Venkys until something else (not necessarily better, but they'd do well to be worse) comes along.

Protesting isnt risky as each day brings us closer to liquidation anyway.

Each to their own, but attending games & buying shirts may actually encourage them to stay.

I bet Wolves fans didn't want to stick with the Bhatti Brothers because they were scared of the unknown.

Plenty of clubs fans would have united to get rid of owners like ours, it's baffling why ours are just accepting the current situation, even our most loyal supporters group say and do nothing.

• Backroom

You don't have to stop going Mike, you have to stop having the p1ss taken out of you by the owners, how you chose to react is the key pal :tu:

I went on a number of marches last time and would protest legally if something was organised.

Though I must say, if we were winning, nobody would give a @#/?.

Plenty of clubs fans would have united to get rid of owners like ours, it's baffling why ours are just accepting the current situation, even our most loyal supporters group say and do nothing.

How many fans of other clubs did ..at the least ..protest and get rid of said owners ??

Not one person prosecuted by Lancs Police for the Bloomfield Road pitch invasion. But all the time our lot give reasons why theyre scared of taking on the football authorities.

Not one person prosecuted by Lancs Police for the Bloomfield Road pitch invasion. But all the time our lot give reasons why theyre scared of taking on the football authorities.

and you went on the pitch how many times ?? ..i hope you wasnt playing right back jock ..

However how many had the same level of vitriol in the media against the protesters? And how many had that being organised by the club?

and you went on the pitch how many times ?? ..i hope you wasnt playing right back jock ..

Once on pitch.

Another time arrested in my seat at half-time near Kean after voicing my opinions and cautioned down at Greenbank.

Didn't go on any marches but did do the protest at Brockhall.

Once on pitch.

Another time arrested in my seat at half-time near Kean after voicing my opinions and cautioned down at Greenbank.

Didn't go on any marches but did do the protest at Brockhall.

ah ...hardly ground breaking then considering how many get arrested on a usual match day ..

I think we need to spend more time chipping away at this stage rather than pitch invasions, if anyone is thinking of invading the pitch can I advise you don't wear Adidas Gazelles, grip is cr@p :tu:

ah ...hardly ground breaking then considering how many get arrested on a usual match day ..

What would you do BlooBoy? because it is cr@p isn't it?

54 posts but I'll humour you for 1 post at least.

I think we need to spend more time chipping away at this stage rather than pitch invasions, if anyone is thinking of invading the pitch can I advise you don't wear Adidas Gazelles, grip is cr@p :tu:

Not a lot anyone can do apart from not go.

But as i said to you ..how many fan protests has rid a club of its owners ..? Fantastic and novel approach Gav ..youre obviously very intelligent .. protest all you like ..they ll go when they have to go ..

Thanks for humouring me just one post Gav...i wont mention humouring you 11000 plus posts ..

I think getting Shaw out would be a tipping point, if Shaw goes then I believe Bowyer wouldn't last long after without him in his corner and once those two are gone it would force the venkys hand and they would have to make some major decisions fast(although fast in venkys dimension is something else) they'd either have to find a new director to run the show or let their "baby" go, either of those decisions could make things a whole lot worst or in the long run a whole lot better, but I do believe the club in its current state is just going carry on stagnating to the point that only the few thousand seriously die hard or completely robotic creatures of habit fans will bother going at all.

So believe any protests should firmly be aimed at Derek Shaw, eventually he'd have to leave or it may even force him to do a better job and recommend to the owners that a change of manager is over due.

Not a lot anyone can do apart from not go.

But as i said to you ..how many fan protests has rid a club of its owners ..? Fantastic and novel approach Gav ..youre obviously very intelligent .. protest all you like ..they ll go when they have to go ..

Thanks for humouring me just one post Gav...i wont mention humouring you 11000 plus posts ..

1 post was enough and its GAV to you son.

1 post was enough and its GAV to you son.

LOL ..no love its Gav to me ....son? Lol ..

Really ..you demand your name in capitals ..good grief ..heard it all now ..you sure youre not a professional footballer ...? LOL

Lol!

1-0 Jock.

So come on then GAV, what's the plan?

Whatever he did he would get crucified for it

Dont make me cross.

Maybe you could try self-immolation on the pitch. I would applaud your effort.

Lol!

1-0 Jock.

So come on then GAV, what's the plan?

Dont make me cross.

drop it again and your out of this procession

:)

Maybe you could try self-immolation on the pitch. I would applaud your effort.

Excellent idea, we should shift some tickets for that one

If there was a better owner wating to buy us I may agree to protest. But I don't think there is because the trust were trying to sell us for years with no takers.

I think in our current state we need venkys. That is not me saying they have been good - but I don't want ewood and brockhall sold and us become a pub team - which administration would risk. Dare I say we need venkys more than they need us - making them a necessary evil.

Protesting against them seems more risky now as I imagine with every year out of the premiership they lose a bit more interest in us and resent signing cheques even more. I think all fans can do is get to games, buy the shirts, and cheer on the boys.

I wouldn't berrate venkys if I saw them at Ewood - because they could kill our club.

Stockholm Syndrome.

venkies are the number 1 problem,we went to pune for a meeting with them,turned up unannounced and very much at our own cost,not even acknowledged never mind allowed a audience.remind me why glenn and steb no longer have anything to do with this website.

shaw is on every football fans dream,he can destroy a bitter rival and get paid for it,

boywer is not a problem,if venkies and shaw went boywer would be gone.

all in all the most sucessful town team in england are playing second fiddle to the dingles,i want to go to ewood again before i pass on,but with a heavy heart i know its not going to happen.

VENKSTERS OUT

Archived