BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is It Time To Protest Against Venkys?

Might be some "behind the scenes" news in the Sun on Sunday tomorrow. Well naturally tomorrow as its Sunday.

Would it be CEO related? Well "sort of" was Nixon's response. I imagine it will be something like Cortese said NO. Wouldn't that be a surprise!

Alan Nixon news was Pasha cant get a work permit to become Rovers CEO so we are looking for a new CEO now

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most fans I know DO blame Venky's and the consensus in my area yesterday was that they have destroyed the club.

Only sticking point for people is, how do you get them to sell? What happens to the debt and so on.

Nobody thinks they have anything but a disaster, but a a club with one of the lowest incomes in the league (now no more parachutes) and a crippling debt, we have perversely become reliant on them.

There would be no fan that would not want new owners, but how does a change happen without a Portsmouth situation?

Most fans I know DO blame Venky's and the consensus in my area yesterday was that they have destroyed the club.

Only sticking point for people is, how do you get them to sell? What happens to the debt and so on.

Nobody thinks they have anything but a disaster, but a a club with one of the lowest incomes in the league (now no more parachutes) and a crippling debt, we have perversely become reliant on them.

There would be no fan that would not want new owners, but how does a change happen without a Portsmouth situation?

Bring on the Pompey situation , we have no other choice !

Why can't we take out an add in the Indian press?

We just bought some fantastic flags with supporters contributions.

Very simple add showing the club when they took over and the club now, with a catchy strap line?

That takes it right It right to the kitchen table of these fools.

Very simple add showing the club when they took over and the club now, with a catchy strap line?

Great idea! They'd certainly be embarrassed enough to take SOME action surely?!

Great idea! They'd certainly be embarrassed enough to take SOME action surely?!

I think the worry is they'll walk, doesn't bother me I see that as the only way forward, but I'm in a monitory.

I find it hard to believe no Indian journalist has run this story on the press over there, even without all the unverified rumour it's a story of complete mismanagement and inept owners on a massive scale.

Maybe it has been run, Kammy do you know if they've been hammered in the Indian press?

I think the worry is they'll walk, doesn't bother me I see that as the only way forward, but I'm in a monitory.

I find it hard to believe no Indian journalist has run this story on the press over there, even without all the unverified rumour it's a story of complete mismanagement and inept owners on a massive scale.

Maybe it has been run, Kammy do you know if they've been hammered in the Indian press?

I seem to remember an article in the Indian press maybe last year or a couple of years ago about the situation and their role but I forget when or by whom.

Unfortunately you could be correct Gav. These situations can sometimes galvanise the supporter base and bring renewed hope and optimism.

It might be the only way forward that we can see, but I truly hope it doesn't happen. Look at the long and winding road the likes of Pompey and Coventry have been on to try and resurrect their respective clubs.

I also think notion could end up slipping further as it would appear Holds worth and Co don't have liquid assets and it's held on the ground and such. The ONLY "positive" out of this is that Rovers assets aren't mortgaged as far as I know / can be told.

We've been here before, GAV. Which Indian publication would take Rovers fans' money - on a one-off basis - that would put them at odds with Venkys by attempting to humiliate them? They would be potentially cutting off a revenue stream.

If there was somebody willing to publish it, and it may need to be a UK publication or publications (still as an advertisement rather than an article) then it should be an open letter written by somebody extremely articulate who would be able to find the right mix of respecting them but embarrassing them at the same time. Effectively making them feel ashamed. It would also probably need to be in the broadsheets rather than tabloids to hit Venkys pride.

What would be the desired outcome? For them to speak to Lambert? For them to start to run us properly? To sell us to a local consortium or fan group? (We would need one to be in position).

Any "protests" at this stage must centre around an end game. We need a positive campaign to promote our club being run in the right way. By that all we really mean is the blueprint of how John Williams used to run the club and ask that they follow that. They won't of course because they are too proud to admit their mistakes or accept help from underlings (see their 'apology' which doesn't not admit failings except a "failure to bring success"). So they will continue to do it their way - which is basically @#/?. That being the case we need to mount a campaign which cites a credible alternative and offers an exit strategy for them.

To do that, we need somebody credible to come forward. As I've said fairly recently, step up "the 2 Ians" and seek support from Simon Garner as a voice that even the hardcore can get behind. Would Lambert be prepared to work for such a group through such a change though? His ambitions would suggest not, since he is an old school guy who wants a chairman to argue with about getting a sackful of cash from the owners. With Venkys, it seems to be a matter of diplomacy and patience (they do back managers) with a local group scraping together for the bills he wouldn't have that so we'd be hunting for a manager or sticking Dunn and/or Johnson in there.

A credible alternative is what is missing at the moment. Get that and perhaps protests can follow. Other than that any protests would be sporadic and organic but Venkys aren't even listening. As the face of the club, Lambert may start to become the butt of the frustration but that would be counterproductive as he agrees with us!

Some great suggestions there. Organise a small delegation of supporters to Pune. Generate some local media interest, try to get an 'audience' with the elusive ones and see what happens. They won't get a meeting, but we can make that the Story, Venkys Absent Mismanagement Of Rovers and their deriliction of duty. Crowd funding of Ads in Indian media.

Definitely the way to go. Non aggressive, good natured and well intentioned. Right on their door step where they can't ignore it.

Penning an open letter and releasing it to all UK broadsheets/Indian newspapers could be an idea. This letter would have to be written by someone articulate, as stated. It should aim to provoke a response from Venky's, if only to clear their own name in the press. Any attempt to get them sat around a table with delegates of our fan-base and the management team to attempt to create a solution to our problems should be explored.

I am more than sure the British press will run with a story such as this. Discontent at a once-PL club and all due to the mismanagement from foreign investors is like a wet dream to any sports journalist. Definitely an option.

Penning an open letter and releasing it to all UK broadsheets/Indian newspapers could be an idea. This letter would have to be written by someone articulate, as stated. It should aim to provoke a response from Venky's, if only to clear their own name in the press. Any attempt to get them sat around a table with delegates of our fan-base and the management team to attempt to create a solution to our problems should be explored.

I am more than sure the British press will run with a story such as this. Discontent at a once-PL club and all due to the mismanagement from foreign investors is like a wet dream to any sports journalist. Definitely an option.

The thing is though that we have already had fan delegates sat around the table with Balaji and he looked them in the eye and assured them that he understood. I'm sure Tom M can explain better from the horses mouth.

A bit of a "meet the fans" PR jolly was how it ended up being unfortunately. Talk is very cheap and meeting the fans probably made Ol' Balaji feel like Akon.

Someone of Indian descent might write how proud he/she and everyone in the town has been of their famous club and how disgusted they are to see all the promises broken by other Indians!

True. It does seem that we may have gone full circle.

However the open letter from the fans to the press hasn't yet been explored. Previously the only coverage was about how we were protesting against Kean/owners. Our opinion wasn't put across except for the passion-fueled protests/chants. It wasn't very rational. A letter penned by someone that can explain the faults of the owners, the significance of their decisions/actions, the effects it is having on the club/town and ultimately the true feelings of our fans would go a long way to absolving our fan base of the criticism it once received.

As a club we are crumbling game by game. More and more people are walking out. Every option should be explored at this moment in time.

We've been here before, GAV. Which Indian publication would take Rovers fans' money - on a one-off basis - that would put them at odds with Venkys by attempting to humiliate them? They would be potentially cutting off a revenue stream.

If there was somebody willing to publish it, and it may need to be a UK publication or publications (still as an advertisement rather than an article) then it should be an open letter written by somebody extremely articulate who would be able to find the right mix of respecting them but embarrassing them at the same time. Effectively making them feel ashamed. It would also probably need to be in the broadsheets rather than tabloids to hit Venkys pride.

What would be the desired outcome? For them to speak to Lambert? For them to start to run us properly? To sell us to a local consortium or fan group? (We would need one to be in position).

Any "protests" at this stage must centre around an end game. We need a positive campaign to promote our club being run in the right way. By that all we really mean is the blueprint of how John Williams used to run the club and ask that they follow that. They won't of course because they are too proud to admit their mistakes or accept help from underlings (see their 'apology' which doesn't not admit failings except a "failure to bring success"). So they will continue to do it their way - which is basically @#/?. That being the case we need to mount a campaign which cites a credible alternative and offers an exit strategy for them.

To do that, we need somebody credible to come forward. As I've said fairly recently, step up "the 2 Ians" and seek support from Simon Garner as a voice that even the hardcore can get behind. Would Lambert be prepared to work for such a group through such a change though? His ambitions would suggest not, since he is an old school guy who wants a chairman to argue with about getting a sackful of cash from the owners. With Venkys, it seems to be a matter of diplomacy and patience (they do back managers) with a local group scraping together for the bills he wouldn't have that so we'd be hunting for a manager or sticking Dunn and/or Johnson in there.

A credible alternative is what is missing at the moment. Get that and perhaps protests can follow. Other than that any protests would be sporadic and organic but Venkys aren't even listening. As the face of the club, Lambert may start to become the butt of the frustration but that would be counterproductive as he agrees with us!

As always you make some very valid points Stuart, but to address your first paragraph.

Any newspaper will take money from customers as long as you're not slandering or abusing the owners in my opinion. Ok the Venky Pune advertiser may not, but we want to reach a national audience.

Half page spread about where we started when they arrived, 10th in Prem, assets £Xm ....

Where we are today, £110m in debt .....

Where will this end? Back Lambert ......

Something along those lines, gets a message out.

It's just an idea, fans need to try something, to just say 'they won't allow it' without asking or exploring the idea means you've given up before you try.

Some great suggestions there. Organise a small delegation of supporters to Pune. Generate some local media interest, try to get an 'audience' with the elusive ones and see what happens. They won't get a meeting, but we can make that the Story, Venkys Absent Mismanagement Of Rovers and their deriliction of duty. Crowd funding of Ads in Indian media.

Definitely the way to go. Non aggressive, good natured and well intentioned. Right on their door step where they can't ignore it.

Attend a Pune IPL cricket Match with banners and leaflets?

I am going to need some strong will power not to come on this site in the near future and contribute to the malaise. I've even considered blocking it as an extreme measure. :unsure:

However, for various reasons, I follow Northampton Town FC and recently went to see them win 4-0 at Carlisle in the best performance I have witnessed by any team for a long time. They absolutely obliterated the Cumbrians in every aspect of the match.

I think theirs is a fantastic story. Whilst the media bleat about Leicester City in an overblown Premier League, Northampton's achievements in 2015/16 are well beyond the Fox's in my view.

Some of the comments by the manager Chris Wilder and by fans in the comments section tell a fantastic story of how the club resurrected its season. There is hope. :wub:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/16/chris-wilder-northampton-promotion-league-two

As always you make some very valid points Stuart, but to address your first paragraph.

Any newspaper will take money from customers as long as you're not slandering or abusing the owners in my opinion. Ok the Venky Pune advertiser may not, but we want to reach a national audience.

Half page spread about where we started when they arrived, 10th in Prem, assets £Xm ....

Where we are today, £110m in debt .....

Where will this end? Back Lambert ......

Something along those lines, gets a message out.

It's just an idea, fans need to try something, to just say 'they won't allow it' without asking or exploring the idea means you've given up before you try.

We want to reach their business partners and customers. But if we do go after them in an aggressive way (as viewed by them, not us) then we need to have a contingency plan (i.e. owners in waiting).

Anyone know what full or half page ads cost in the national papers? Or even the LT? Would they take our money?

Would an open letter on here be picked up by any lurking journalists?

I know it will be a lot more difficult, given the location, but what about the small plane stunt again? Flown over an IPL match, simply reading Venky's destroyed Blackburn Rovers. A fund set up to do the Kean out one was funded in no time, so I am sure the funds could be raised.

The way I see it at this point, we need a plea to back Lambert in the form of a spread in the Indian press.

A letter is no good, they've ignored them in the past, but they can't ignore a half or full page spread in the paper, if they ignore it friends, family and associates won't.

Pah,

Venkies,

can't live with them.

Can't survive without them.

If they care that much about saving face, how about they saved the face of the club

The way I see it at this point, we need a plea to back Lambert in the form of a spread in the Indian press.

A letter is no good, they've ignored them in the past, but they can't ignore a half or full page spread in the paper, if they ignore it friends, family and associates won't.

We need the players on board as well

Its such a bad position now that my personal opinion is that we may have to start from scratch.

Next Season take the 12 points Admin deduction and in 2017/18 start from League 1.

Any moves....and I like the plane in India IPL idea....should be now to get rid of the Venkys ONLY.

Lambert needs too much money (pay and spending money) so has to go as well.

We need Supporters to donate their 16/17 Season ticket money to the fund.

Does anyone remember RALLY ROUND THE ROVERS car stickers etc ?

In terms of starting from scratch. It's a great notion. Who is doing the starting? Who is putting the money in when Venkys stop?

Apart from the Rovers Trust, which I am guessing doesn't have the cash or pledges, who is going to pick up with pieces?

In my view, it needs to start with a viable alternative to Venkys before we think about forcing their hand to dump the club.

In terms of starting from scratch. It's a great notion. Who is doing the starting? Who is putting the money in when Venkys stop?

Apart from the Rovers Trust, which I am guessing doesn't have the cash or pledges, who is going to pick up with pieces?

In my view, it needs to start with a viable alternative to Venkys before we think about forcing their hand to dump the club.

Yep. One side of the argument, all right.

The other side is that the club is dying before our very eyes..Venky's are a cancer.

They will leave eventually and the club will have to start again. It is just a matter of whether that is sooner or later.

Archived