BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rant (4?)

Deeply unpleasant is a bit harsh isn't it?

And cretin isn't?

Anyway... Buskers. Maybe it's quite pleasant to have some music playing while you're walking through a city - if you work within earshot of their (usually limited) repertoire it's certainly a different story.😠

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can imagine how that can become pretty tedious, i get fed up of having to listen to all the radios at work tuned into to numpty.fm playing the same few kiddy pop songs all day with some brainles moron yapping away between all the songs and commercials.

I bet the brainles dj can spell brainless

• Moderation Lead

Abbey come on, nobody's worshipping Venky's or Myers. If you're talking about who I think you are, he offered a point of view that many others (myself included) have similar views to.

To me, life isn't black and white, and as I've said before. I want Venky's out ultimately more than anything, but we need a conceivable plan when they do leave.

Just been in town and every entrance full of folk smoking and you have to walk thru it . Selfish @#/?

No Abs it's because the control freaks have pushed them outside. They are now trying to ban smoking in beer gardens and designated smoking areas. It's no longer about health it's about controlling others. Some people appear to get a kick out of this. By the way I am a non smoker who is sick of seeing good pubs close.

No Abs it's because the control freaks have pushed them outside. They are now trying to ban smoking in beer gardens and designated smoking areas. It's no longer about health it's about controlling others. Some people appear to get a kick out of this. By the way I am a non smoker who is sick of seeing good pubs close.

Railway in Pleasi shut this week. 'Problems with the Electrical supply' apparently. Yeah right. :rolleyes:

It's the everyday mundane that serves to irritate these days. Simple requests that are ignored by stupid people, and lead to a lack of consideration for others.

Supermarket parking

I'll drive round that car park at Asda until I find a space, and will not (unlike many) park in disabled spots or the parent and child spaces.

Or people who park over two spaces because they don't know what they are doing.

Litter

No need for it at all, just a practice carried out by the hard of learning. Lad came out of Greggs near McDonalds last Saturday afternoon, unwrapped a sandwich and dropped the carton right outside the shop. I picked it up and followed him to that DVD shop, tapped him on the shoulder, 'excuse me, you dropped this' and gave it him back.

Spitting

Absolutely no need, dirty, dirty b*****ds.

Thick Parents

The ones who let their kids run riot, acting like feral crap artists in shops while Mummy and Daddy thicko stare at their Samsungs.

I could go on, but you get the jist. People who couldn't care less about the little things that make life easier for everyone else.

It's the everyday mundane that serves to irritate these days. Simple requests that are ignored by stupid people, and lead to a lack of consideration for others.

Supermarket parking

I'll drive round that car park at Asda until I find a space, and will not (unlike many) park in disabled spots or the parent and child spaces.

Or people who park over two spaces because they don't know what they are doing.

Litter

No need for it at all, just a practice carried out by the hard of learning. Lad came out of Greggs near McDonalds last Saturday afternoon, unwrapped a sandwich and dropped the carton right outside the shop. I picked it up and followed him to that DVD shop, tapped him on the shoulder, 'excuse me, you dropped this' and gave it him back.

Spitting

Absolutely no need, dirty, dirty b*****ds.

Thick Parents

The ones who let their kids run riot, acting like feral crap artists in shops while Mummy and Daddy thicko stare at their Samsungs.

I could go on, but you get the jist. People who couldn't care less about the little things that make life easier for everyone else.

They do that in restaurants,

bar stewards

Supermarket parking

When you have paid £250 3 times when some idiot has left a dinge in your car door due to spaces being too narrow you might change your mind. I leave the disabled spaces alone but the parent and child places are fair game. There are always far too many of them.

When you have paid £250 3 times when some idiot has left a dinge in your car door due to spaces being too narrow you might change your mind. I leave the disabled spaces alone but the parent and child places are fair game. There are always far too many of them.

Nonsense.

Not sure he needs to think out a response to be honest. There are never enough parent and child spaces as there are far to many ignorant people without kids who decide to use them as they are too lazy to park normally. It's not the easiest thing in the world to get kids out of child seats these days in normal spaces. However, I guess your car door is more important than the safety of children.

I was going to ask why there even needs to be parent and child spaces its always just seemed like unnessasary pandering to me, then i saw biddys post mentioning child seats! It never really acured to me before, it makes perfect sense that there needs to be more space to open the door fully to get kids on and out of child seats(and also to put prams/puachairs up aswell)

Is there a cut off point though, surely if the cholds over say 6/7 and theres no child seat, etc. Involved then those parents should park in regular spaces and leave the parent&child spaces available for those that really need them.

That said i find it rare that there's never anywher to park at supermarkets as long as you dont automatically expect to find a place close to the store.

Inaide the stores however, its a different story!

I know its a bit of a clichéd thing to say but it really doesnt help the retired pentioners seem to always decide to do there shopping during the buisiest periods even though they litetally have nearly the entire week to do there shopping.(and i suppose to be fair you could add dole dossers, housewifes/husbands and none working parents to that aswell)

I was going to ask why there even needs to be parent and child spaces its always just seemed like unnessasary pandering to me, then i saw biddys post mentioning child seats! It never really acured to me before, it makes perfect sense that there needs to be more space to open the door fully to get kids on and out of child seats(and also to put prams/puachairs up aswell)

Is there a cut off point though, surely if the cholds over say 6/7 and theres no child seat, etc. Involved then those parents should park in regular spaces and leave the parent&child spaces available for those that really need them.

It's only really the massive early stage car seats that are a problem. I think most supermarkets state that people with children over 3 should use normal spaces. We certainly haven't used them since before our youngest was 3. Kind of at the point where he could almost get himself out once we'd undone the straps.

Of course you get the other type of lazy idiots who park in them with kids of 6 plus who shouldn't be. It is just plain ignorance.

• Moderation Lead

My mum still parks there when I'm in the car. As much as I may tell her off, she says 'I'm with my child. If there's an age limit, tell us what it is'.

Yep, me and my Mum do that all the time! Though she's 66 this year, so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! :rover:

Nonsense.

He's bang on about the space permitted per car. Most car parks are the same. You can park but getting out is the Devils own job and especially from cars with only two doors. Most times I get lined up to the space and then let any passengers out before parking and squeezing myself out. It's particularly aggravating if I'm wearing my best bib and tucker.

Archived