BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rant (4?)

I was going to ask why there even needs to be parent and child spaces its always just seemed like unnessasary pandering to me, then i saw biddys post mentioning child seats! It never really acured to me before, it makes perfect sense that there needs to be more space to open the door fully to get kids on and out of child seats(and also to put prams/puachairs up aswell)

That should be the width of a parking space. Average car width with the doors open. Common sense tbh. It's like these daft housing developments nowadays. Not enough room for cars. Oakdale is a case in point. The entire development of what are quite nice houses is spoiled by cars strewn around all over the pavements. I must assume that Town Planners are pathetic, all they are bothered about are ways to increase their take of council tax.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to ask why there even needs to be parent and child spaces its always just seemed like unnessasary pandering to me, then i saw biddys post mentioning child seats! It never really acured to me before, it makes perfect sense that there needs to be more space to open the door fully to get kids on and out of child seats(and also to put prams/puachairs up aswell)

Is there a cut off point though, surely if the cholds over say 6/7 and theres no child seat, etc. Involved then those parents should park in regular spaces and leave the parent&child spaces available for those that really need them.

That said i find it rare that there's never anywher to park at supermarkets as long as you dont automatically expect to find a place close to the store.

Inaide the stores however, its a different story!

I know its a bit of a clichéd thing to say but it really doesnt help the retired pentioners seem to always decide to do there shopping during the buisiest periods even though they litetally have nearly the entire week to do there shopping.(and i suppose to be fair you could add dole dossers, housewifes/husbands and none working parents to that aswell)

You always moan at racism , however your happy with ageism and dictating when people shop . Wtf has it got to do with you when anyone wants to shop .

Im also going to maybe be a little naughty here and suggest that disabilty badges seem to be handed out a little bit to freely

👷

F me now your hating on disability ! You really are not a nice bloke.

Truth hurts . Your argument is for forcing people to shop when TJ says and hating disabled people.

So thats an end to any cordial conversation then zzzzzzzzz.

Seriously you(abby) dont even seem to read what people type or take into acount the tone they are posting in(or the tone of the discusion) before mouthing off.

Mouthing off ? Ha .

Ok I'm scared

Will you two just have a boxing match before the next home game?

Id prefer he just kept his bs to himself instead of venting his frustrations on me, i was doing nothing wrong and just chatting on topic(as is usually the case despite what you may think) not sure why your stirring it though, you're normally the 1st to moan about this kind of trash.

Personally id like to see the last handful of posts binned so we can get back on topic without the personal bollards.

3rd(maybe 4th) time this week ive had to take un-called for personal crap from loud mouths for no good reason(yes boohoo me before somebody else says it) i cant win either way.

Not sure he needs to think out a response to be honest. There are never enough parent and child spaces as there are far to many ignorant people without kids who decide to use them as they are too lazy to park normally. It's not the easiest thing in the world to get kids out of child seats these days in normal spaces. However, I guess your car door is more important than the safety of children.

That's rubbish Biddy. There are always plenty of child places where I shop. Anyway the little darlings are very unlikely to be hurt getting out of a car and yes my car door is important to me at £250 a throw.

Id prefer he just kept his bs to himself instead of venting his frustrations on me, i was doing nothing wrong and just chatting on topic(as is usually the case despite what you may think) not sure why your stirring it though, you're normally the 1st to moan about this kind of trash.

Personally id like to see the last handful of posts binned so we can get back on topic without the personal bollards.

3rd(maybe 4th) time this week ive had to take un-called for personal crap from loud mouths for no good reason(yes boohoo me before somebody else says it) i cant win either way.

If you think calling old folk and disabled folk is "doing nothing wrong" then your more cuckoo than I thought .

The only reason you want posts deleting is because you know you are bang out of order

They should have spaces set aside for people with (normally unnecessarily)large cars 4×4s etc.. As they take up there entire parking space before they've even tried opening their doors so the car next to them has to park as far apart from them as poss and you just get this domino effect of cars not being able to park centrally in the parking spaces so there's always one side of the car that the doors cant be opened on.(and if you get one of these cars on both sides of you your stuffed)

• Backroom

They should have spaces set aside for people with (normally unnecessarily)large cars 4×4s etc.. As they take up there entire parking space before they've even tried opening their doors so the car next to them has to park as far apart from them as poss and you just get this domino effect of cars not being able to park centrally in the parking spaces so there's always one side of the car that the cars cant be opened on.(and if you get one of these cars on both sides of you your stuffed)

Don't buy big cars then. Save the planet! ;)

If you think calling old folk and disabled folk is "doing nothing wrong" then your more cuckoo than I thought .

The only reason you want posts deleting is because you know you are bang out of order

The posts your refering to are legit and anybody thats reading them in a sensible frame of mind can prob see that theres nothing wrong with them, im talking about the posts that follow(and now this one also)

O and abbey if you'd like to buy me an st(cos i aint got a penny spare) id be happy to go to every home game, xan i just ask that its eithr in the riverside or the jw please, im not a fan of end stands(you only really see half a game)

Sorry, this is the last reply he's getting out of me today(unless he starts posting sensibly)

Don't buy big cars then. Save the planet! ;)

Or make the car park spaces big enough instead of crowding as many as possible on too small a space. I don't have a specially big car. Just a normal family saloon.

• Moderation Lead

Stirring nothing TJ, just fed up of avoidable bullsh1t on here from people that are ignoring each other supposedly.

Forgot you were so perfect though!

Your right, i am perfect,cheers.

I dont have abbey on ignore though, so i dont know where your coming from with that, i find some of his posts amusing sometimes(whether they where meant to be or not im not sure)

Al's right there should be larger spaces available, as car shapes and sizes vary quite a bit these days

What a well thought out response! ;) If you were £750 up your cuff you might think a bit differently.

Sorry about the one word response, sometimes responses can read 'trite' when they weren't meant to be. I can't back down I'm afraid, park where you are supposed to ! Gordon needs to stay out of the Oyster & Otter and the Clog if he struggles to squeeze out of the Audi

Sorry about the one word response, sometimes responses can read 'trite' when they weren't meant to be. I can't back down I'm afraid, park where you are supposed to ! Gordon needs to stay out of the Oyster & Otter and the Clog if he struggles to squeeze out of the Audi

Car park spaces should be made a mandatory size, so that you can get out of them easily and safely. Cars have become larger for safety reasons and are now more efficient and less polluting than they have ever been. It's about time super markets, cinemas etc caught up and stopped cramming as many spaces as possible into the available space in the pursuit of profit.

TJ, still watching you perform, you are really something,

Any popcorn left ABBEY

:D

Or make the car park spaces big enough instead of crowding as many as possible on too small a space. I don't have a specially big car. Just a normal family saloon.

You could just park further away.

Archived