BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Oldjamfan1

oldjamfan1

Hi everyone, due to not having access to the email addresses that my previous usernames were linked to, and not being able to remember passwords etc, I thought it would be easier to simply re-register. I was previously known as forumquizmaster and oldjamfan

My name is Andy. I am 50 and was born and spent the first 30 years of my life in Darwen. Played for various local football teams including Darwen Olympic, Marsh House, Ewood Amateurs, Blackburn Olympic, Sunnyhurst/Alex and Lower Chapel Olympic. Scored around 300 goals in amateur and junior football but never had enough natural pace to play professionally.

I was also a fairly well known pub league snooker and pool player in Darwen in the 80s. I have lived in Glasgow for the past 20 years, having promised my Glaswegian ex-wife that I would "Fulfil your wish to move back home when Rovers have been crowned champions of England". A promise I made in 1988........

I saw my first Rovers game in the late 60s, and started going on a regular basis in 1972 when Tony Field was banging them in and Roger Jones was keeping them out! I was a Darwen End season ticket holder until a couple of seasons ago along with my sons who are 26 and 21. With so many midweek games and games moved for TV it isn't worth renewing the ST so we buy individual match tickets and I normally get to 10 or 12 games a season. We catch the train to and from games from our home north of Glasgow, a 450 mile round trip, and often meet other Rovers fans on the train, along with supporters of many other clubs from all divisions. We can normally be found in either the Infirmary (or the Lockside Tavern as it is now known) or Uncle Jacks before games. As the former has closed since last season, it will now be the latter!

I have managed to persuade quite a few disillusioned Scots to make regular journeys to Ewood over the past few years, not so regular since we got relegated though, sadly.

I am the chief executive of a housing association in South Lanarkshire. I carry the Arte et Labore motto into my working life and am proud to be a Rover, and have followed us all over the country.

My username is based on the fact that my favourite group in my formative years was The Jam, and it is nice to see the old boy still trotting out half decent tunes well into his 50s.

• Like 7