BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

Graham. Good

Gallagher. Exceptional. Easy good enough for lower end prem team.

Hoban. Decent.

Williams. Realiable, relatively consistent.

Emnes. Showed promise, decent squad player

Greer. Past it

Mulgrew. Most composed and intelligent player by a mile but constantly injured.

Feeney. Average league 1 player at best.

Stokes. Absolute joke signing. Three year contract and massive wages for someone who is fit and doesn't play. Can't judge his actual play as he's never had a run in the team. Surly down to his attitude and mentality for reasons stated above.

Byrne, Samuelson. Never got a sniff

Hendrie. Looked way out of his depth

• Backroom

Another large step closer tonight

As above when Cardiff and Wolves made a change both were around us, they bring proven managers in and now face no danger at all.

This was avoidable but now inevitable!

• Like 1

We hardly ever win a match. 6 wins and we now in February.

There are two remaining relegation spots and it looks as if there will be four teams (Rovers, Wigan, Bristol City and Burton). Can you see us winning more games than any of the others?

Edited by Mattyblue

Wigan might have gained an advantage over the other teams in relegation scrap with the signings that they made yesterday if they can bed them all in, they signed Grimsby striker Omar Bogle, Rangers goalkeeper Matt Gilks, Eastleigh striker Mikael Mandron, Hartlepool midfielder Josh Laurent and former Rover Jack Byrne.  They also got Gabriel Obertan on a free transfer and tied up loan deals for Alex Bruce and James Weir.

As you say Matty we have won just 6 games out of 27 and not shown any signs of going on a winning streak with the current failure of a manager.  I think we will soon get cut off with Rotherham.  A change in management might give us a chance but have I have very little faith in these idiots making the right appointment even if Coyle was sacked.

• Like 3

Just now, Kamy100 said:

Wigan might have gained an advantage over the other teams in relegation scrap with the signings that they made yesterday if they can bed them all in, they signed Grimsby striker Omar Bogle, Rangers goalkeeper Matt Gilks, Eastleigh striker Mikael Mandron, Hartlepool midfielder Josh Laurent and former Rover Jack Byrne.  They also got Gabriel Obertan on a free transfer and tied up loan deals for Alex Bruce and James Weir.

As you say Matty we have won just 6 games out of 27 and not shown any signs of going on a winning streak with the current failure of a manager.  I think we will soon get cut off with Rotherham.  A change in management might give us a chance but have I have very little faith in these idiots making the right appointment even if Coyle was sacked.

I'd put at stronger than 'might' !  they seem to have added 8 players, 3 or 4 with Prem experience 

most comments on the radio commentary of their stuffing by Man U last Sunday suggested they were playing with a purpose and organisation which belied their league position.  They now look stronger as a squad than Rovers and they were one of the teams that we hoped would fall away below us.

If they don't fall away, then we have to outperform not only Burton [who have a decent manager, likely to now have a 'loyal manager bounce, have 3 points more] but also majorly outperform one of Bristol City, Forest or QPR [all 8 points ahead of us].  

Rovers [and arguably Bristol City] look worse than before the window, both have serially failing managers bereft of the ability to get their teams out of their respective runs of woeful performances and I agree that we'll soon be cut adrift if nothing radically changes.

I really hate it when Rovers lose, but the only straw I can see to grab is that Senior has blanked Coyle's supposed targets, and in undermining him perhaps needs a really bad result to justify canning him.  I think Leeds might present the evidence to show how the right manager can transform the fortunes of a team.  I really think that our 'last chance saloon' is to get a really good hiding from someone.............maybe even from Leeds

sad, sad days indeed

23 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

Cracking final day for Wigan. Bogle has all the attributes to be a success, Gilks is experienced, Mandron a wild card, Laurent has been brilliant for Hartlepool although I accept, its a big step up. Even at Rovers we're not in a position to comment on Byrne other than he looked a bit small - but with game time anything could happen. Bruce knows this league inside out and will calm their defence, Weir is a product of United's youth system so could add something.

For me, thats Wigan staying up. 

• Like 1

Yes I think Wigan will stay up.

We are into February and have won just 6 games out of 27.  From our remaining 57 points we will need to get 25-28 points to finish out of the bottom 3.  Statistically looking at Coyle's last 4 jobs (including Rovers) he has not shown that kind of form in any of them.  So on that basis alone we will go down.  Other teams are showing that even with poor squads they are able to perform because they have a good manager in place.

• Like 1

When we discuss this transfer window,it should be a comparative thing. In other words," have we improved relative to those around us?", not just"have WE a better squad?"

I'd say its pretty obvious that we have not.

I doubt we've improved much anyway, if at all, because the key areas have not been addressed. Some"manager" this is, forwards tripping over each other while the opposition saunters past the midfield,through the defence and comes face to face with a hapless keeper.

And why has Marshall not been training for 2 weeks? Wolves must have known that. How could we have got 1.5M in these circumstances?

Whole process stinks, like the club.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

Yes I think Wigan will stay up.

We are into February and have won just 6 games out of 27.  From our remaining 57 points we will need to get 25-28 points to finish out of the bottom 3.  Statistically looking at Coyle's last 4 jobs (including Rovers) he has not shown that kind of form in any of them.  So on that basis alone we will go down.  Other teams are showing that even with poor squads they are able to perform because they have a good manager in place.

Would beg to differ.  To say we will need 50 to 53 points is ridiculous.

Last three seasons, 4th from bottom have had 49, 46 and 44 points respectively.

Looking at the table now, 46 or 47 points would be enough meaning we need 21 or 22 points from our final 19 games.

I think we will just about scrape it.

Edited by Mercerman

2 hours ago, Kamy100 said:

Kamy, do you think this is relegation by design?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mercerman said:

Looking at the table now, 46 or 47 points would be enough meaning we need 21 or 22 points from our final 19 games.

We are currently achieving less than a point per game. Hard to see where the required improvement will come from. However I agree and think we will scrape survival.

4 hours ago, Mercerman said:

Cause your mate wee coyley is in charge??

It's quite clear that we are now little more than an accountancy irritation for them which they are keen to ensure is brought down to the bare minimum losses.

Of course anyone with any interest or sense would understand that even a small investment of cash at this stage could save our skins and more millions off the value of the club, but not these people.

Plenty of skint clubs around in the Championship, yet they all managed to find the cash from somewhere to bring in a number of players to add to their options for the run in.

I bet Burton and Wigan can't believe their luck that Rovers have made next to no effort to strengthen this month. Makes their task of surviving that bit easier.

Just now, roverandout said:

Cause your mate wee coyley is in charge??

Think you have difficulty with a bit of tongue in cheek stuff.

He's no mate of mine and if it was up to me, he'd be binned forthwith.