BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

• Backroom
Just now, davulsukur said:

It feels like every time there is a championship game on we get kicked in the nuts. 

Doesn't seem to matter who's playing either. 

This season is bullsh*t.

Talk about a kick in the nuts.

I don't think it will make a massive difference in the long run, but that penalty award was one of the worst I've seen in my life on first viewing.  

Must b nice to get handed gifts like that. 

Unlike Saturday Barnsley must have stopped running and grafting tonight. Either that or Wigan don't have as many 'bottlers' in their side.

We should do away with blue and white and play in yellow with these cowards.

• Like 4

• Backroom

That's 2 late spawny wins in a week for wigan.  

I know everyone will say you make your own luck,  but cmon.  

Where the hell is our slice?!  Norwich and PNE spring to mind. 

Everyone else is stealing last min points, we get them robbed off us. Gutting.  

Just now, Silas said:

That's 2 late spawny wins in a week for wigan.  

I know everyone will say you make your own luck,  but cmon.  

Where the hell is our slice?!  Norwich and PNE spring to mind. 

Everyone else is stealing last min points, we get them robbed off us. Gutting.  

You have to earn it. Wigan are a limited side but a team willing to graft and not give up. Unfortunately if last weeks evidence is anything to go by that is the opposite of us. The poor sides who work and don't give up can turn those sort of games around. Those with no plan b and no idea won't.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Yeah, yeah i know SG, (edit and Jh)we're crap, still feels a bit like the gods conspire against us sometimes.  

Although,  was just saying to a mate before,  on Sat there were 11 championship fixtures.  Only one home team failed to score a goal. Says it all about our quality i suppose.  

Edited by Silas

Just now, JHRover said:

You have to earn it. Wigan are a limited side but a team willing to graft and not give up. Unfortunately if last weeks evidence is anything to go by that is the opposite of us. The poor sides who work and don't give up can turn those sort of games around. Those with no plan b and no idea won't.

Agree to a point JH but I can't blame TM. He can only work with with the crap he has.

11 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Unlike Saturday Barnsley must have stopped running and grafting tonight. Either that or Wigan don't have as many 'bottlers' in their side.

We should do away with blue and white and play in yellow with these cowards.

Please leave our softies alone. According to some on here they should shoulder absolutely none of the blame for this seasons 'efforts'.

46 minutes ago, TAFKAP said:

Have you seen Wigan's run in? It's a bridge too far if ever I saw one. I honestly think Blackburn will scrape through by overcoming the other two strugglers in NFFC & Bristol. 

I'm with you.

1 hour ago, TAFKAP said:

Have you seen Wigan's run in? It's a bridge too far if ever I saw one. I honestly think Blackburn will scrape through by overcoming the other two strugglers in NFFC & Bristol. 

Brighton 90% chance of defeat I reckon, but the other three (Cardiff, Reading and Leeds) I would not bet my house on Wigan defeats, particularly if Leeds have already guaranteed a play off spot before the last game of the season.

Edited by perthblue02

Just now, perthblue02 said:

Brighton 90% chance of defeat I reckon, but the other three (Cardiff, Reading and Leeds) I would not bet my house on Wigan defeats, particularly if Leeds have already guaranteed a play off spot before the last game of the season.

Wigan have pockets of quality in their team that we dont have.  Obertan is a quality player at this level, Powell is capable of more than anyone in our squad, and he is on their bench.   We are screwed and i wouldnt bet against wigan scraping it and BC dropping with us.

• Backroom

We're second from bottom because we deserve to be. A shambles of a club that is rotten to the core/coar. Losing at home to Barnsley showed us everything we needed to know about our squad and unfortunately suggested our manager does not have what it takes to motivate the current squad to get out of the mire. We'll do well to come third bottom at this point.

Talk about luck and its got feck all to do with making your own luck.

Wigan were given 3 goals gift wrapped. 2 by the Barnsley keeper doing a Steele impersonation and one by the Ref and that was a bad'un.

It just so happens Powell was the Wigan player to take the last kick at the ball on each occassion.

If it were possible for that sort of monumental good fortune to continue then Wigan would escape. It will not.

To be fair the match stats favour Wigan and they had a lot of shots.

I like Heckingbottom's post match comments about his players:

"It's cost us the game, and the players concerned know about it. They know exactly what they've done wrong and if that happens they don't play."

Edited by AllRoverAsia

7 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Mercer - you will be one deflated guy at 4.50pm tomorrow - it's going to open your eyes. Our boys don't have the cajones that Forest/City do.

You live in hope.

We could lose both this Easter and even win our last three to stay up!  There is always a club in a relegation battle somewhere that defies the odds and produces some stonking results to come through.

It's Easter celebrating THE biggest miracle of all time - anything is possible.

Edited by Mercer

Just now, Mercer said:

You live in hope.

We could lose both this Easter and even win our last three to stay up!  There is always a club in a relegation battle somewhere that defies the odds and produces some stonking results to come through.

It's Easter celebrating THE biggest miracle of all time - anything is possible.

And there is always one who messes up real bad.

On the Easter theme - Lose today win Monday.

Listen to the lyrics, think Easter, think Rovers.

A feel good song.

HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE :rover:

Edited by AllRoverAsia