BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

We are very anti Small Heath that is for certain but Rovers are actually well liked quite separate to the hatred for our unwashed knuckle dragging neighbours.

Ewood is one of the favourite away days, certainly one of mine and that is also a factor in our following tomorrow. But honestly you may well find the away end is a home end cheering you on.

I'm hoping as its being televised in some countries that I can see the game via a dodgystream. Its usually the case.

Ewood will look good with a decent crowd.

How many fans are Villa now expecting?

They have sold over 5k according to some reports.

I have mates who are long time Villa fans, we have over the years had some great results against them however we have also had some beatings. Oh for the days of the Archibald era when we had a classic 3-2 win over them and they had a young lad called David Platt playing for them. The memories of that match will never be forgotten and rank alongside the many good memories over the ensuing years.

Just now, 1864roverite said:

They have sold over 5k according to some reports.

I have mates who are long time Villa fans, we have over the years had some great results against them however we have also had some beatings. Oh for the days of the Archibald era when we had a classic 3-2 win over them and they had a young lad called David Platt playing for them. The memories of that match will never be forgotten and rank alongside the many good memories over the ensuing years.

Some great games down the years and a fair few shared players like the legend Sid Cowans.

• Like 1

Tomorrow is a huge game between two dysfunctional sides at different ends of the table. It will be interesting to see how we line up. I am not holding my breath for the right result. Unfortunately the damage was done under Coyle. Had we had Mowbray across the whole season we would have been safe by a mile as the loses we had under Coyle would have turned into draws under Mowbray. Tomorrow I would go with players who care and who will fight for the cause and who don't over complicate.

--------------Raya--------

Nyambe---Hoban--Lenihan---Williams

Mahoney--Lowe--Mulgrew--Bennett

---------Gallagher---Graham-------

COYB

• Like 1

Despite our recent capitulations I feel that we're going to get a positive result against Villa; certainly better than Brum's result. 

My thinking is as follows: 

• ARA makes a great point that the Hudds team will be all wanting to impress to stake a claim in the play off. Added to which they're a pretty decent team - hence why they're near the top of the table. Plus Brum are bobbins. 
  • Villa on the beach (not literally, although it would help, but still wouldn't make it a certainty) combined with their fans preferring us to win, could well be enough to tip things in our favour. Anyone remember the last few minutes vs. Wolves the season Kean botched it and kept us up? Last few minutes were utterly pedestrian and I wonder if that may happen again to some extent, especially if Brum aren't winning and the fans are urging us on. 
  • We aren't under pressure. Everyone has us, quite rightly, as favour for the drop. And given we've performed pretty well when the pressure is off, I feel that form may continue and we grab a result. It looks an obvious Villa win and relegation, and the pressure off - like vs. Manure, the Barcodes and others have shown in such situations we are capable of playing some decent stuff

Of course I could be totally wrong, but I still think the great escape is on. Admittedly mainly by our relegation rivals incompetence rather than any of our own abilities BUT without trying to do a Mercer, I'm still thinking we've a decent chance of doing it...

No pressure?! Why do I feel like tomorrow is going to be the worst day at Ewood since Wigan 5 years ago, and then Peterborough 3 years ago?

The players should feel some bloody pressure, because (nearly every single one) has completely let this club down, and tomorrow is their final chance to rescue some pride.

If they don't feel pressure tomorrow, they may as well give competitive sport up. If I see apathy on that pitch tomorrow, I will not be returning in August. Not as a boycott, but as someone who has well and truly fell out of love with the sport.

• Like 3

• Backroom
26 minutes ago, Biz said:

No pressure?! Why do I feel like tomorrow is going to be the worst day at Ewood since Wigan 5 years ago, and then Peterborough 3 years ago?

The players should feel some bloody pressure, because (nearly every single one) has completely let this club down, and tomorrow is their final chance to rescue some pride.

If they don't feel pressure tomorrow, they may as well give competitive sport up. If I see apathy on that pitch tomorrow, I will not be returning in August. Not as a boycott, but as someone who has well and truly fell out of love with the sport.

Are we allowed to boo when we go down? 

Just now, Tom said:

Are we allowed to boo when we go down? 

Do what you want, I've never once said that booing shouldn't be "allowed" but I may have been critical of those who do it during a game.

I won't be booing our team, but I might be shouting a few profanities if we turn up not giving a hoot! 

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, Biz said:

Do what you want, I've never once said that booing shouldn't be "allowed" but I may have been critical of those who do it during a game.

I won't be booing our team, but I might be shouting a few profanities if we turn up not giving a hoot! 

Sorry I wasn't indicated that you had said otherwise or at least didn't intend to

I just think an ongoing thing has been the players not giving a damn but continuing to get off lightly because there are bigger enemies.

Full support from the off but let's see what happens should it go bad 

52 minutes ago, Biz said:

Sorry if not that clear. No pressure as in, we're not expecting to perform well/to do much. And given what fans are thinking, the league table etc. I think it's fair to say we don't expect much from the team. It seems in these situations, they play a bit better than usual. 

Should they feel some responsibility and have they let the club down - absolutely!

Just now, Blue blood said:

Sorry if not that clear. No pressure as in, we're not expecting to perform well/to do much. And given what fans are thinking, the league table etc. I think it's fair to say we don't expect much from the team. It seems in these situations, they play a bit better than usual. 

Should they feel some responsibility and have they let the club down - absolutely!

Apologies, I get your drift I just think they should feel more pressure tomorrow than any other game - they are on the cusp of putting us in the third tier 

Just now, Tom said:

Sorry I wasn't indicated that you had said otherwise or at least didn't intend to

I just think an ongoing thing has been the players not giving a damn but continuing to get off lightly because there are bigger enemies.

Full support from the off but let's see what happens should it go bad 

I know what you mean, but they are the ones in the shirts. It's obviously pretty short sighted to ignore the big picture, but many of them deserve some stick. 

• Like 1

Just now, Biz said:

Apologies, I get your drift I just think they should feel more pressure tomorrow than any other game - they are on the cusp of putting us in the third tier 

I know what you mean, but they are the ones in the shirts. It's obviously pretty short sighted to ignore the big picture, but many of them deserve some stick. 

Not a problem :) Thing is I don't think the nancies can cope with any pressure. I've said it numerous times but for me if there was just one on-field issue I could solve it would be we're so mentally soft. As soon as there is any expectation or a game really being able to have a meaningful impact, then they go to pieces. Obviously, the game does matter a lot to us, as does staying up/going down but for the team given it's not in our hands and we look pretty doomed, in a sense the pressure is off, and that may help. 

Should they feel some of the weight of responsibility for us being in that situation. Too right, and I hope the fans give it to them for it. They've tried to sink to the unprofessional standards of the ownership, and many have succeeded. Can't think of many who've given their all, much less played to the best of their ability, and they should have that as a burden. 

Given their wage packets, and most won't be here next year, however, I doubt that they will be that bothered though. 

• Like 1

Match day in the biggest of games for an age and I cant be ar$ed to get excited. It has become such a weight on the shoulders getting up for football and more Rovers disappointments. I am actually looking to after the game has finished no matter the result because it will be a long time before I set foot in Ewood again.

My 47yr stint of going to Ewood is at an end at 4.50pm today, yes I will be upset a tad and yes I will miss my great mates and friends who I have had the pleasure of watching my beloved BRFC home and away and throughout our European adventures. Venkys have finally killed my love of football, and although I will watch on from afar I have decided that NAPM is my mantra from now on.

Come on Rovers put up some pride, some effort and something that no matter what the result you leave that pitch knowing that you gave everything for the shirt, the club but more importantly the supporters who have been dragged through hell end beyond because of the idiotic owners and the gross incompetence at which BRFC has been subjected to over the past 6 yrs.

RTID:brfc:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

There will be a lot of  southern teams in League 1 next season.  Never thought I'd be potentially grateful for short trips to Bury, Rochdale and Oldham:(

Possibly a day out at Blackpool :rover:

Glad to know last game is on Sky TV, albeit for the wrong reason. Does anyone know if game will be shown in Blues Bar?

Nervous week before we get conformation of which league and what (if anything) the future holds. 

Edited by Cherry Blue

I can see Birmingham losing and Forest winning next week.  Ipswich at home is as easy a game as you could ask for while Brizzle away is tough as they are on a great run and everyone wants to finish strongly at home.  Same applies to Brentford I suppose.

We seem to have been doing enough to stay in it for the last couple of months while never quite doing enough to get out of the bottom 3 when the chance is there.  It will probably go to the last minute whatever happens.

No doubt we deserve to go down with the way the club is run and the fact we have been in the bottom 3 just about all season but if we can manage a win I think we'll might just scab it.

45 minutes ago, McClarky said:

I can see Birmingham losing and Forest winning next week.  Ipswich at home is as easy a game as you could ask for while Brizzle away is tough as they are on a great run and everyone wants to finish strongly at home.  Same applies to Brentford I suppose.

We seem to have been doing enough to stay in it for the last couple of months while never quite doing enough to get out of the bottom 3 when the chance is there.  It will probably go to the last minute whatever happens.

No doubt we deserve to go down with the way the club is run and the fact we have been in the bottom 3 just about all season but if we can manage a win I think we'll might just scab it.

Don't know why you are posting anymore Neil, you appear to be more interested in St Pauli.

I will be surprised if we survive I cant remember a team spending so long in the bottom 3 and surviving I think we have only been out of the bottom 3 for 2 weeks all season.Thought we would go down after first game, squad just not good enough for any league, has anyone gone down with out being in the bottom 3 until the final whistle of the last game?

I expect Forest to win on Sunday, Birmingham not to win and us not to be good enough to win either sending us down.

If we can pull off a humongous win then I think it's more likely Brum will slip up than Forest.

If the gods are really on our side Forest will lose by 2 more goals than us !