BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

The main reason Hull went down is that they sold their best two player in Grosicki and Bowen (who for me was the best player in the entire division) and never replaced them. 

I think we will have enough to stay up but for the first time this season after Rotherham's win last night I am looking slightly nervously down the table.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

The main reason Hull went down is that they sold their best two player in Grosicki and Bowen (who for me was the best player in the entire division) and never replaced them. 

I think we will have enough to stay up but for the first time this season after Rotherham's win last night I am looking slightly nervously down the table.

I too think we will have enough to stay up but the thought of being in a scrap worries me. The real fear for me is next season when we will have a squad of which half could be new players whilst still stuck with the likes of Ayala. That could really be a relegation fight from day one. I'm sure in my own mind though that Mowbray will still be the head honcho. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Displaced Rover said:

I genuinely think we are in serious trouble here. The players seem disinterested with Mowbray in charge and I just can't see the lunatics in charge getting rid of him. I'd honestly be shocked if we even limped to 50 points.

With a bit of luck we won't need 50 but we'll definitely need 6 more at least. two wins and a few draws are what could be required. We need to start getting shut downs out our end but Mowbray hasn't signed the players that can keep clean sheets.

Most seasons there are teams that look dead and buried that escape and another team that appears to be comfortable but just collapse.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

On 04/03/2021 at 14:16, Ewood Ace said:

I think we will only need 6 more points to all but guarantee staying up.

Even if we were to not get a point this month we still have teams like Wycombe, Rotherham, Sheffield Wednesday, Huddersfield and Birmingham to play. Perhaps people have forgotten just how bad some of those teams are?

The we could not care less whether we win or lose attitude from our manager will most probably not make any difference. But it is a very serious case of gaslighting. We have gone from aiming for the top 6 to a manager that has now conned a lot of people into thinking that lower mid table is some kind of achievement.

Edited by Banzai

Just now, Banzai said:

I think we will only need 6 more points to all but guarantee staying up.

Even if we were to not get a point this month we still have teams like Wycombe, Rotherham, Sheffield Wednesday, Huddersfield and Birmingham to play. Perhaps people have forgotten just how bad some of those teams are?

The we could not care less whether we win or lose attitude from our manager will most probably not make any difference. But it is a very serious case of gaslighting. We have gone from aiming for the top 6 to a manager that has now conned a lot of people into thinking that lower mid table is some kind of achievement.

• Like 1

I think we may have had a bit of a result with Rotherham. They were just picking up some momentum and now they have a covid outbreak, with their next 2 fixtures postponed. This could compromise their run in, in an already clogged fixture list. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Millwall and Bristol City are/were the most winnable games until Easter, so an absolutely vital 3 points yesterday. 

Let’s see where we are at the international break with Swansea, Brentford, Norwich coming up.

Yes crucial win that. I think we'll be OK now. Sheffield weds are now 5 wins behind with a far inferior goal difference. Rotherham as I've already mentioned have had a terrible break just at the worst time, and for me another win and a couple of draws will see us safe. No guarantees of course and I'm not expecting any points in the next 3 or 4 fixtures, but after that their are enough opportunities to pick up the points. 

24 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

Yes crucial win that. I think we'll be OK now. Sheffield weds are now 5 wins behind with a far inferior goal difference. Rotherham as I've already mentioned have had a terrible break just at the worst time, and for me another win and a couple of draws will see us safe. No guarantees of course and I'm not expecting any points in the next 3 or 4 fixtures, but after that their are enough opportunities to pick up the points. 

I think it's vital that we pick up some points out of the next four games. If we were to lose all those we would be in a run of 1 win and 10 losses in 11 games. Confidence would be on the floor by then so even beating the weaker teams would be a big ask. Getting something from Swansea on Tuesday would be a good start.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think it's vital that we pick up some points out of the next four games. If we were to lose all those we would be in a run of 1 win and 10 losses in 11 games. Confidence would be on the floor by then so even beating the weaker teams would be a big ask. Getting something from Swansea on Tuesday would be a good start.

Agreed Tyrone, even a couple of draws would be better than nowt. I'm just not hopeful, but the sooner we reach a safety mark the better. I've just had a message through as I type this, apparently Nicko is saying we are ready to appoint a foreign manager in the summer if we fire Mowbray 😳😳.  

1 minute ago, Lucimo said:

Agreed Tyrone, even a couple of draws would be better than nowt. I'm just not hopeful, but the sooner we reach a safety mark the better. I've just had a message through as I type this, apparently Nicko is saying we are ready to appoint a foreign manager in the summer if we fire Mowbray 😳😳.  

Two draws would do me in our next two games, keep the little bit of momentum going.

16 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Forgetting that huge point against the mighty Coventry there.

Even if we did lose them all though I think covid will have halted Rotherham momentum from the other night, and we'll scrape another few points in our last 6 or so after the international break.

It's next season I'm more concerned about really.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 07/03/2021 at 19:09, bazza said:

I'd love to see Rotherham escape relegation at the expense of "big club".

Big Club on a resurgence now. They always seem to do enough.

I expect they will be the only team to take points from us in our remaining 5 games.

14 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Rotherham United Fixtures | Sky Sports

It's a tall order for them to catch us but I suppose you never know. They need 4 wins from 9 games to overtake us even if we don't get another point. 

Made even taller by having to play on Tuesday and Thursday next week.

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

Made even taller by having to play on Tuesday and Thursday next week.

I noticed that.

Not that I'm bothered, but it's a bit rough that. They'll have played Sat, Tues, Thurs & Sun. Can you imagine the uproar if you'd asked Klopp or Pep to do that! 

• Like 1