BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

Rotherham still have Brentford and Barnsley to play away from home.Play Coventry and Birmingham too.

Hard to see another win with the way we have been playing and with Mowbray still in charge,so hopefully we can scrape a draw or too and hope results are kind in other matches.

Echo others comments , unbelievable we are in the position we are in.Have never been Mowbray's biggest fan but let myself get carried away after what on paper I thought was a decent summer window and the performances  at the beginning of the season and didn't want him sacked until performances took a massive downturn  so apologies to anyone I had disagreements with over it and fair play for your foresight.

• Like 4

The positive news is that even if Rotherham win Vs Coventry it puts pressure on Coventry and Derby more than us. We would need Rotherham to have good form on top of us doing worse than all the other teams below us. The latter is a bit more plausible but fortunately can't see Rotherham keeping this up and one of the teams below us is likely to get jitters just as badly as us. Given our points total to date I'm still confident of avoiding relegation but the fact it is technically possible shows 4 years on the journey has gone full circle. And that shows there is no progress under TM. 

• Like 3

I don't know what all the worry is about. Simples. We aren't going down. However there's no denying this is an awful end to the season after some earlier promise. 3 points at the weekend wi be the start of a mini revival this securing Mowbray's tenure ( for now).

• Like 2

Once teams qualify for the play-offs they tend to relax and play a weakened team to save their best players for the actual play off games. Anyone playing a team in that situation shouldn’t be written off, eg Rotherham v. Barnsley and Brentford.

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Only 42% possession though. Heathens. 

the nasty rough boys of rotherham hav`nt got mowbrays honour ,he plays the game without resorting to crude tactics of crossing,putting set pieces in the box,passing it forwards more than 5 yards and he absolutely does not resort to the blight on the game that means wingers and overlapping full backs,he considers them unethical and will never stoop to such flagrant abuses of attacking play

• Like 7

6 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the nasty rough boys of rotherham hav`nt got mowbrays honour ,he plays the game without resorting to crude tactics of crossing,putting set pieces in the box,passing it forwards more than 5 yards and he absolutely does not resort to the blight on the game that means wingers and overlapping full backs,he considers them unethical and will never stoop to such flagrant abuses of attacking play

Can you imagine the full backs being Hird and Bailey, with the wide midfielders in a 442 being Dolan and Elliott?

I could lob one off at that prospect! 🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the only way to cheer yourself up as rovers fan at the moment is looking back into the past!!!!!

Or look into the future and fashion your own outcome. Mine would involve Mowbray and his cohorts leaving. A manager with Blackburn Rovers at heart being appointed. And Rovers producing the kind of football that get the supporters excited and feeling they have enjoyed themselves. If success comes or not, so be it.

• Like 3

Just now, rigger said:

Or look into the future and fashion your own outcome. Mine would involve Mowbray and his cohorts leaving. A manager with Blackburn Rovers at heart being appointed. And Rovers producing the kind of football that get the supporters excited and feeling they have enjoyed themselves. If success comes or not, so be it.

i think mine would be appointing a manager who just plays simple,balanced attacking football with a defence that can actually defend,it`s not to much to ask is it,promotion is a bonus,if it happens great but the main goal is getting  rid of a dinosaur and getting someone with a positive outlook in the job

59 minutes ago, rigger said:

Tonights game Rotherham V Cov, what is the best result for us ? I think a win for Rotherham.

I'm hoping that both teams field multiple ineligible players resulting in several points deductions.

Seriously, I think a draw. 4 points dropped by 2 relegation rivals rather than 3 points dropped.

Whatever the result tonight we are still in trouble and will be until we win a game or limp our way there through draws.

A Rotherham win puts them 5 behind with 2 in hand and still to play us at their place. Scary.

A draw still closes the gap to 7 with 2 in hand and still to play us at home.

A defeat for Rotherham puts Cov a mere 2 points behind us and still only leaves us 8 clear with Rotherham having games in hand and still to play us.

In short it's in our hands but we need to win one somewhere along the way which should do the trick. Fail to do so and we deserve relegation as it will be 1 win in 20.

On 13/04/2021 at 21:24, islander200 said:

Rotherham still have Brentford and Barnsley to play away from home.Play Coventry and Birmingham too.

Hard to see another win with the way we have been playing and with Mowbray still in charge,so hopefully we can scrape a draw or too and hope results are kind in other matches.

Echo others comments , unbelievable we are in the position we are in.Have never been Mowbray's biggest fan but let myself get carried away after what on paper I thought was a decent summer window and the performances  at the beginning of the season and didn't want him sacked until performances took a massive downturn  so apologies to anyone I had disagreements with over it and fair play for your foresight.

Very big of you to say that but there’s no need. We all comment on what we see at the time and everyone who posts on here (except for the odd guest) are all passionate Rovers supporters who just want to see us be successful.

The only thing I would suggest (and this isn’t aimed at you) is that people should let go of historical disagreements and simply discuss and debate what people post and not who they are/were perceived to be.

• Like 4

Seen Kazim-Richards say hes well up for the game against Blackburn given how much help a win would do for them. However, I've also seen some cynical Derby fans responding with comments like "You better be ready this time" and "You've said that before"

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Rotherham are the ones we can keep farthest away if they lose 

With their games in hand it is possible for Rotherham to catch us.. So I look at Coventry and Derby as more likely to finish below us. I would say, if Rotherham beat Coventry, and we beat Derby, we will be safe by Friday night , everyone out on the lash, good times all round.