BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Positive Sanctuary - 'Happy Clappers' Always Welcome

Pedro

• Backroom

Id say Rhodes' alround game has been the best we've seen from him. I've given him stick for being a poacher and little else but he has shown strength, great movement, quality passing and intelligence.

He just needs to get his shot to goal ratio up to his previously outstanding levels.

Koita really suits him as a partner, as does the midfield pushing right up to give him the quality through balls and crosses he thrives off.

We need Koita and the other players to contribute more to goalscoring, though. We can't just rely on Rhodes to do it all - especially at the moment, as he seems to be going through a patch of missing chances he'd normally put away.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id say Rhodes' alround game has been the best we've seen from him. I've given him stick for being a poacher and little else but he has shown strength, great movement, quality passing and intelligence.

He just needs to get his shot to goal ratio up to his previously outstanding levels.

Koita really suits him as a partner, as does the midfield pushing right up to give him the quality through balls and crosses he thrives off.

Wonder if he has been told that we will only sell him to a PL club and he is trying to attract one. Good for Rovers if so - for half a season at least.

Fact still remains that we are totally snookered without Rhodes. His goals could most definitely be the difference between staying up and going down this season. Without his poaching instincts today we'd probably be looking at a nil nil again, he must stay at all costs for me.

Fact still remains that we are totally snookered without Rhodes. His goals could most definitely be the difference between staying up and going down this season. Without his poaching instincts today we'd probably be looking at a nil nil again, he must stay at all costs for me.

Yes. Koita got some qualities but he will be lucky to score more than 5 over a season imo which is a terrible return for a striker. And Delfy is just not a scorer either. And while the midfield is playing well none of them look a goal threat.

Even if we manage to hold onto Rhodes signing a player with a strong scoring record is vital in January.

The Hull crew cost 35m to assemble

Ours cost about £3.50p

The hull team that got promoted a couple of years ago when Bruce took over was cobbled together from scratch on the cheap and won automatic promotion within a season when everybody thought they'd just be relegation fodder.

edit. and looking at their team stats that season on wiki they didn't have a single player score into double figures in all comps!

so this is a perfect example of what can be done when you just get in an experienced manager that just knows how to get the best out of everything at his disposal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_Hull_City_A.F.C._season

That's a Bowyerism if ever I heard one.

Nevermind the fact Bournemouth walked this league on a pittance.

I would add to that, how many out of work (and in work) managers would love to inherit a squad with JR in it. Just employ some sound defensive tactics and you have a chance of success

That's a Bowyerism if ever I heard one.

Nevermind the fact Bournemouth walked this league on a pittance.

We played Hull not Bournemouth.

Davies 3m

Huddlestone 6m

Hernandez 10m

Dawson 3.5m

Elmohamady 2m

McGregor 1.5m

Robertson 3m

Diame 3.5m

Great result if you take that into account shipmates.

• Backroom

We played Hull not Bournemouth.

Davies 3m

Huddlestone 6m

Hernandez 10m

Dawson 3.5m

Elmohamady 2m

McGregor 1.5m

Robertson 3m

Diame 3.5m

Great result if you take that into account shipmates.

It was a good result, but let's not pretend our squad was brought together on a pittance. Our main striker alone cost more than most club's squads put together. Duffy and Marshall were also brought in for decent sums. Our wage budget is still a lot higher than a fair portion of our peers too, even with the embargo in place.

It was a good result, but let's not pretend our squad was brought together on a pittance. Our main striker alone cost more than most club's squads put together. Duffy and Marshall were also brought in for decent sums. Our wage budget is still a lot higher than a fair portion of our peers too, even with the embargo in place.

Thanks for the reasoned reply, seems a lynching party has formed and this Pirivareer is the target.

I know an ex-player who was on a £4K a week, didn't start all times though. Brother Rhodes is exception I think.

• Backroom

Thanks for the reasoned reply, seems a lynching party has formed and this Pirivareer is the target.

I know an ex-player who was on a £4K a week, didn't start all times though. Brother Rhodes is exception I think.

Hanley, Lowe, Henley, and any still around from the PL era will be on a decent wage I'd suggest - and the likes of Marshall, Evans, Conway and Steele will surely be on at least £10k pw if not more. I'd certainly expect Hanley and Lowe to be on wages that are not in proportion to their ability.

The truth is we can't really complain about not having the cash to splash. We did that in our first two seasons and simply blew it. Our current circumstances are all of our own making.

I appreciate that isn't the point you were making, but it irritates me when I hear Bowyer moaning about the ability of other teams to spend. We did that too and failed miserably. If anything he should be asking his masters why they spent so much and have left him with so little.

Lynching?

thenodrog confirmed.

Archived