BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

Hardly ever we have played to Rhodes strength...the one time we did was bolton at home two seasons ago with dunn pulling the strings and Rhodes had an awesome game

If you're suggesting that we have not played to the strengths of a guy who has 82 goals in 154 apps for us then we should be holding out for £100m for the lad!! Even Messi would struggle to get those figures in a team which had only played to his strengths once in four seasons!!

Come on mate, this is a guy who can't get a game for Scotland and isn't wanted in the Premier League. We've defo played to his strengths!!

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did the research over a year ago and found that in fact it's team that concede fewer goals that have gone up. that hasn't factored in last year and Bournemouth but generally speaking it has been the case.

edit- last year 3/4 best sides defensively went up, including Bournemouth who had the 2nd best record. they were however also the 3 best scoring sides too!

I've done the research too. The teams who score the most goals have gone up.

However, it's a completely moot point because ultimately it's always the teams who win the most games that go up. To win games, you have to score more goals than you concede.

Conversely, if you draw every game 0-0, the you will almost certainly be relegated.

However, it's a completely moot point because ultimately it's always the teams who win the most games that go up. To win games, you have to score more goals than you concede.

Conversely, if you draw every game 0-0, the you will almost certainly be relegated.

So logically, by conceding less, you have a better chance of winning games. You only have to score 1 or 2 to get the points.

How many times during Bowyers reign did we have to score at least twice just to draw?

Abbey, nobody here is Rhodes hater at all. Nobody has said that they hate Rhodes have they?

We have just pointed out that he is struggled atm under Lambert's tactics and high pressing game.

His game does lack pace and link up play isn't the best I've seen BUT over the last 2 seasons has improved alot from what I've seen of him.

His finishing is top quality.

So logically, by conceding less, you have a better chance of winning games. You only have to score 1 or 2 to get the points.

How many times during Bowyers reign did we have to score at least twice just to draw?

But you still have to score! I can't believe we are having this debate! :D

How many goals does Rhodes haters require before the hate stops ?

40 ? 50 ?

100000000 and he'd still be @#/? listening to this board

It's a bit like the Bowyer debate ' ie We can't get rid of him because we won't get anybody better in.

We would all like to see a team with Rhodes firing them in every week. When he isn't though, he becomes a passenger that our team isn't good enough to carry.

It is a classic catch 22. We can't get the quality we need to help Rhodes without significant funds. We are only likely to get significant funds by selling JR.

But you still have to score! I can't believe we are having this debate! :D

It is the same as glass half full or empty debate.

A defensive minded team will still score goals. It is why the likes of Athletico Madrid constantly bloody the noses of their more prestigious neighbours.

Anyway. - enjoy yhe game Stu.

Here's to a 1-0 away win with a set piece goal :-)

His finishing is top quality.

His finishing isn't top quality - he misses as many as he scores.

Howard Kendall's promotion team won many of their games 1-0. I didn't need to do the research because I watched them

His finishing isn't top quality - he misses as many as he scores.

:lol: :lol:

Howard Kendall's promotion team won many of their games 1-0. I didn't need to do the research because I watched them

That would be one of the best managers in British football operating in the third tier. Yes, I can see why that might be possible. But we STILL had to score to win. Odd that.

Oh and kudos on being old.

• Backroom

How many goals does Rhodes haters require before the hate stops ?

40 ? 50 ?

100000000 and he'd still be @#/? listening to this board

He'll come good again but there can be no denying that up to this point he's been terrible for weeks.

:lol: :lol:

That would be one of the best managers in British football operating in the third tier. Yes, I can see why that might be possible. But we STILL had to score to win. Odd that.

Oh and kudos on being old.

You might think it's funny when Rhodes fluffs a chance but I don't. I've also done my research - the evidence in front of my eyes. What research did you use ?

It's stating the bleeding obvious that you have to score to win but the point is you don't have to score a mountain of goals to do so - which you do, erroneously.

The benefit of experience, dear boy, is that you've seen it all before and can see through the folly of youth.

Just like the Rhodes haters who deny hating him despite 24/7 slagging everything he does

Who hates Rhodes on here? I don't know of a single person on here who hates him. Being honest and critical isn't hate. Pointing out the GLARING downsides to his game isn't hate, any more than it was wanting Hanley to stop being rash, or wanting Olsson beating his first man with his crossing. To justify his place the lad needs to contribute more, simple as.

Just a thought, from the last 25 years, who would you rather have in our current team and why?

Rhodes or:

Shearer?

Sutton?

Speedie?

Jansen?

McCarthy?

Santa Cruz?

Bellamy?

Cole?

...Arguably Newell too.

I love and rate them all but all are much better a player than Rhodes is or (in my opinion) will be. Main reason, they are good finishers but gave defenders hell and brought others around them into the game.

I see Big Sam is desperate for a centre half. Funny feeling he may come in for Hanley. I know he rates him very highly. He's about the only player I wouldn't like us to lose at the moment.

As for what we need: a right back, two central midfielders, two wingers and one/two strikers. PL has got one hell of a job on here.

Archived