BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rip David Bowie

• Moderation Lead

Very sad indeed. I always listen to 6 Music on the Radio and they had been doing something for his birthday last week and I'm sure he was meant to be on this morning for an interview I'm convinced of it.

In any event, a musical legend, a one-off.

RIP.

Absolute legend. Made some of the best music ever made, and was a major influence on many other top artists too.

Will be sadly missed, but it seems given the new album, he knew it was coming so got to say his goodbyes. His music will live on for generations to come.

Bowie and Freddy Mercury singing Under Pressure acapela

• Backroom

Not my cup of tea, but he contributed to the Guardians of the Galaxy playlist and that'll do for me!

RIP Bowie. Don't be singing that cruddy White Christmas with Bing Crosby up there.

RIP David and thank you for the sound track to my life.

A huge fan since I first saw him as Ziggy at Preston Guild Hall in 1973.

I have a collection of all his studio albums, twenty odd albums of out takes and tracks that didn't make an official album plus over one hundred live gigs. As well as lots of other stuff.

Glad I made the effort and got front row seats for his last UK tour.

11 January 2016 will be forever etched in my memory.

I can take or leave the band meaning The Runaways ('70s girl group) and I saw the movie on them. It is poignant that their lead singer sang at a high school talent show, she sang "Lady Grinning Soul", Bowie had a number of songs, that had a good riff and hook to them, listening to some of the songs on the radio today.

I'm a big Mott the Hoople fan, Ian Hunter fan, so, of course, they did "All the young dudes" and that album was produced by Bowie.

Now, "Fame" has just come on which is co-written I believe with John Lennon, a big hit from the "Young Americans" album. I always wondered how much of it is JL and how much of it is DB. And "Across the Universe" (Beatles song if it needs to be said) he did on that album too, I always liked that.

"Space Oddity", in my view, just a landmark song.

Ian Hunter is like 76 years old and last I knew, still performing.

Archived