BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Article -> New Rovers Manager

Let's see what happens with the results first. If we struggle and his SEM connection keeps him a job when it's clear he has to go then it would be fair to suggest we have a Kean situation all over again.

Not the time right now to make that judgement call imo.

You will be in a vast minority thinking like that. I don't care how he does, the damage is done for me.

Stupid, stupid people.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Rovers Director Mike Cheston said: "We are delighted to welcome Owen to the club. We took our time and conducted a thorough search and Owen was the standout candidate."

Does Cheston have an agent?

The standout candidate after a thorough search?? He is either a complete novice to football, a puppet being told what to say, or his job spec had none of the criteria that a normal football manager search would have.

Get your head out your arse. How can you look at this appointment and give Venky's the benefit of the doubt? He is undeserving of a chance and there were a host of names linked with a better recent record than Coyle. It absolutely stinks. Take a stand before you financially support the Venky's ruining us further. They are taking us to oblivion and we need to salvage what we can before it's too late.

Like who? Joyce? Dunny? Johnson? Ainsworth?

Look I didn't want Coyle either, I would have gone for someone like Warnock if he was a realistic choice. Coyle has done more than a lot of the people we have been linked with.

If you have rose tinted specs on and feel we should 'give him a chance' then you are entitled to your opinion.

If, like me, you are absolutely baffled as to how this has happened then please sign the petition below. This can't have been a fair interview process as his record is an absolute shambles.

https://www.change.org/p/mike-cheston-remove-owen-coyle-as-manger-of-blackburn-rovers-fc?recruiter=551035124&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink

Signed.

If you have rose tinted specs on and feel we should 'give him a chance' then you are entitled to your opinion.

If, like me, you are absolutely baffled as to how this has happened then please sign the petition below. This can't have been a fair interview process as his record is an absolute shambles.

https://www.change.org/p/mike-cheston-remove-owen-coyle-as-manger-of-blackburn-rovers-fc?recruiter=551035124&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink

Shouldn't we be aiming for the organ grinder?

Poor appointment imo but its done now.

Get signing some players Mr Coyle.

Will you be renewing your season ticket? You said you definitely wouldn't yesterday?

• Backroom

"The ultimate aim is to give a team that is representative of the fans"

EX BURNLEY

EX SEM

FAILED MANAGER

KEAN SYMPATHISER

yeah, that's representative of the fans.

He's still a part of whatever SEM has morphed into these days, make no mistake about that.

Confirmed from the Club statement that one of the key requisites for the role was a willingness to work with Irvine and Kelly. I.e. save money.

Find it hard to bring myself to wish him good luck, but he'll certainly need it after inheriting the "squad" left by Lambert.

Look I didn't want Coyle either, I would have gone for someone like Warnock if he was a realistic choice. Coyle has done more than a lot of the people we have been linked with.

So because Venkys's have ruined us to the point that no reputable manager will take the job, that we should just shut up and clap along as another nail is hammered into the coffin? Where is your sense of pride man? Where is your fight?

Uncle Jack is turning in his grave, Venky's spit on the legacy left by all those privileged enough to represent the famous blue and white halves and a large portion of our fans are gutless sheep.

Confirmed from the Club statement that one of the key requisites for the role was a willingness to work with Irvine and Kelly. I.e. save money.

Find it hard to bring myself to wish him good luck, but he'll certainly need it after inheriting the "squad" left by Lambert.

...a squad that will be dismantled over the summer.

The chances of any of our better players actually stopping nevermind those who are out of contract have suddenly disappeared with this appointment imo.

...a squad that will be dismantled over the summer.

The chances of any of our better players actually stopping nevermind those who are out of contract have suddenly disappeared with this appointment imo.

Good - I hope the better players make a collective statement by leaving.

Forget SEM, Burnley and what he has said about us previously for a second. We have just employed a manager who has just finished bottom in the MLS Western Conference. That alone is utter madness.

No other club in the 4 divisions will employ a manager who has failed so miserably last year. Clubs either appoint a successful manager from the lower leagues, or a failed manager from a higher league.

There is no logic in this appointment other than the obvious dark forces again.

Some people are just so far removed from the reality of the situation. The situation at Ewood is no longer a conpsiracy but a fact that the club is being run by a 3rd party agency. Just read Roverstalk for an ostrich opinion or even this from the LET

I seem to be the only one who is reasonably pleased with this appointment. Too many acting like sheep and following others slagging of OC. He did well at Burnley, so so at the others. All I care is someone who can sort out the team. Some are so blind they can't see past the Dingle connection. If we win three out of the first five all will be forgotten #hypocrites.

Archived