BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Article -> New Rovers Manager

• Backroom

Nixon reckons he's already been working on his transfer list

Odd for someone that a few days ago had a job in a different continent.

Unless of course he and his agents knew all along this was coming and was awaiting a pay off from Houston.

Nah that couldn't be the case

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whichever way you look at it, whether #CoyleOut or "Give him a chance FFS" this is yet another appointment which will DIVIDE the fanbase. It's not even a straightforward debate about him being a good or bad manager, even though you'd have to lean towards bad - it's the B-word and the S-word thrown in.

You really have to wonder if keeping the fanbase at odds with each other is part of the strategy so as to ensure that we will never be taken seriously.

Ignoring personalities, there is an argument that Venkys are worse owners than the Oyston's given that they have a promotion and stadium improvements in their 'pros' column. Venkys have nothing but 'cons' in all of the 5-and-a-half years. The only bright spot, an alleged personal investment - which paid off - and even that wasn't universally accepted, with the nearly-effort that was to bring in Lambert but then not back him as he understood that he would. Take that away and you only have negatives.

Venkys lasting legacy at this club will be to erase Jack Walker's legacy - completely.

Worst. Owners. Ever.

#VenkysOut

Blackpool don't own anything other than the name Blackpool FC though, Oystons own the ground, hotel, etc. At least we still own the physical assets of the club. I'd say its fairly neck and neck in terms of which is the worst owner

Im pleased that Irvine and Kelly will be part of the coaching staff. 2 very good experience well respected coaches in the game.

Coyle wasnt the appointment I wanted but he has been appointment.

I will be renewing my season ticket next season and so will the people I go with. I am Rovers fan for life and a season ticket holder for life. Tough decision tbh but I will not be forced away from my club.

If people want to abuse me then fine I not bothered at all, get on with it. Shame you cant respected different views.

I fully respected people who have chosen to walk away from the club but I cant do that

• Backroom

Unless of course he and his agents knew all along this was coming and was awaiting a pay off from Houston.

I bet Coyly's signings will happen a lot faster than any of our previous ones. Of course they'll be rubbish and affiliated with a certain agency, but no doubt our squad places will now be filled.

Im pleased that Irvine and Kelly will be part of the coaching staff. 2 very good experience well respected coaches in the game.

I will be renewing my season ticket next season and so will the people I go with. I am Rovers fan for life and a season ticket holder for life. Tough decision tbh but I will not be forced away from my club.

If people want to abuse me then fine I not bothered at all, get on with it. Shame you cant respected different views.

I fully respected people who have chosen to walk away from the club but I cant do that

You should save this post as a template, to save you typing it out. It's the same old stuff you've previously said.

How you can see any good in all this is frankly beyond belief.

Only takes a few hours to work on a list of targets Tom.

One of the downsides to the appointment, apart from the fact he may not be good enough is that we'll no doubt have to endure another few years of conspiracy nonsense.

Although flipping that on its head, if our alleged "real" owners have now got their man in place blah blah, then surely that would be a good thing and he'll be supported to the hilt?

It's taken listening to some Surfjan Stevens but I'm with you Chad and a 5 minute rant at my dad down the phone but I'll be renewing.

They won't beat us.

You are a coward chaddy

Well said chaddy. People wouldn't expect to be vilified for their own individual decision to boycott, but those same people dish it out when someone has a different point of view to their own.

Every single penny spent on Blackburn Rovers Football Club - whether it be a season ticket, a t shirt, a ground tour or a car kit, is a way of telling Venkys directly that you are happy with their ownership and are willing to continue supporting what they are doing, as far as I am concerned. I couldn't sleep at night knowing I had continued to fund this.

Coyle has won 3 games this season with Houston, lost 7 and drawn 3

His transfer list will have been given to him by his agent, no need to work on it.

He's such a good fit for Blackburn Rovers/Venkys I bet they can't believe they're luck.

#venkysout

Yes let's all get behind the new manager. And push him in the sodding river with the rest of the venkyscum. Genuinely sickened by this appointment. Conspiracy theories aside, the man is a failure and we will be extremely lucky to avoid the drop. #venkysout

It's taken listening to some Surfjan Stevens but I'm with you Chad and a 5 minute rant at my dad down the phone but I'll be renewing.

They won't beat us.

After initial anger at the decision I'm coming round to that point of view myself. I think the thing that tipped it was the missus saying "You won't be wanting to get a ticket then"

Sigh.

Every single penny spent on Blackburn Rovers Football Club - whether it be a season ticket, a t shirt, a ground tour or a car kit, is a way of telling Venkys directly that you are happy with their ownership and are willing to continue supporting what they are doing, as far as I am concerned. I couldn't sleep at night knowing I had continued to fund this.

You are welcome to this opinion but it's just as easy to say those who walk are fair weather. Both remarks are untrue.

If you can't understand why people still want to go, you must know less about football clubs than the owners themselves. It's got nothing to do with funding Venkys, it's about being a Blackburn Rovers fan!

Are you(chaddy, rev, bizzle) just really not getting it? This isnt simply about a poor selection of manager(and the farcial amount of time it took to make an appointment) this about finally getting absolute confirmation of who is (still)really controlling the club and it isnt the idiots in pune.

If you think its ok that we are being run by sports agency(one that allegedly has ties to the betting industry) then what can i say!

Hugely disappointed with this appointment. I don't care about his previous affiliations with Burnley or, indeed, his support for Kean. However, I do care about that the fact that he failed at Bolton, failed at Wigan, had to go to the States to find a job and then failed over there. Whilst I'll renew my season ticket, I must admit that this is a manager that I really can't support and really do fear the worst for us next season. I suspect that this appointment will see more and more fans staying away from Ewood after the debacle of moving the family stand, throwing folk out of the Jack Walker lower and increasing the price in the Riverside. The club is a shambles from top to bottom.

Hugely disappointed with this appointment. I don't care about his previous affiliations with Burnley or, indeed, his support for Kean. However, I do care about that the fact that he failed at Bolton, failed at Wigan, had to go to the States to find a job and then failed over there. Whilst I'll renew my season ticket, I must admit that this is a manager that I really can't support and really do fear the worst for us next season. I suspect that this appointment will see more and more fans staying away from Ewood after the debacle of moving the family stand, throwing folk out of the Jack Walker lower and increasing the price in the Riverside. The club is a shambles from top to bottom.

By renewing you're season ticket you are supporting what they are doing to our club, you are essentially endorsing it. If you cared about the club you wouldn't go, no matter how hard it might be to not go.

By renewing you're season ticket you are supporting what they are doing to our club, you are essentially endorsing it. If you cared about the club you wouldn't go, no matter how hard it might be for to not go.

By renewing you're season ticket you are supporting what they are doing to our club, you are essentially endorsing it. If you cared about the club you wouldn't go, no matter how hard it might be for you to not go.

I'm so angry right now. It's not just that they hired Owen Coyle. Thats already a complete slap in the face of any supporter of this football club.

It's that, there is already so much hatred for the owners, or The Owners as they like to be called, and what do they do? They do the single worst thing in this world to @#/? fans off even more and go ahead and hire this shambles manager. I think only re-hiring Steve Kean would have been worse and if they could, I am sure they would have done so.

For me this is further proof that there is only one end goal: the complete destruction of our football club. Wheter this is on purpose or due to complete incompetence I don't know. Probably both.

They could have hired my bin man, although I am sure he wouldnt fit the bill. He would actually know a thing or two about football and they would require to pay him some decent wages.

rant over.

Rovers are being used and abused and bled dry by crooks and yet STILL we have to endure the 'wait and see' brigade.

Revidge Blue, Parson Chaddy etc... What exactly WOULD anger you to the point of not renewing? Have you no balls to stand up and say 'no more'?

All this would-be noble 'they won't force me out' is utter self-delusion.

Archived