BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News Article -> Coyle Interview

As someone far from convinced about the appointment I thought he came across very well in this interview. No rash promises but said the sort of things that most fans would want to hear from a new manager. Only time will tell to see if he can deliver.

• Like 5

grinned and beared it....magnificent is the buzz word to brainwash then. He ended with a pleasure as ALWAYS ...er that's the first time so how can it be as always.

Get him out with the #venkysout

grinned and beared it....magnificent is the buzz word to brainwash then. He ended with a pleasure as ALWAYS ...er that's the first time so how can it be as always.

Get him out with the #venkysout

I'm sure working as a player or manager at Bolton, Wigan and Burnley means he's spoken to Bayes et al before.

I'm sure working as a player or manager at Bolton, Wigan and Burnley means he's spoken to Bayes et al before.

Straight in both feet again . Give you a clue bayes is radio lancs . Mr opposite. The above ain't from lancs . So next time before you try and have a go make sure you have an actual clue as to what your on about

Life is more important than spending it raging at things I can't control? I'm angry Abbey but looking for conspiracy theories, reading old Steve Kean quotes and spewing my own spleen online does nothing for my health or sanity.

It's not about burying your head in the sand either for me, it's just a case of don't let the bustards get you down! They ain't beating me.

• Like 1

As someone far from convinced about the appointment I thought he came across very well in this interview. No rash promises but said the sort of things that most fans would want to hear from a new manager. Only time will tell to see if he can deliver.

It really is like Kean all over again. He gives "a good presser".

It really is like Kean all over again. He gives "a good presser".

Sorry but how does it look like kean all over again?Same accent?

Did he make promises of champions league football?Did he liken Shane Duffy as the second coming of Paulo Maldini?

I'm dissapointed with his appointment and as I said in an earlier post was bemused by his apparent lack of knowledge regarding SEM,but he isn't represented by SEM anymore,and posters on here who have encountered him and his family have described him as a decent guy.Bad manager maybe...but like Kean I don't think so.

He did well at Burnley and in Scotland before that.His time at Bolton was mixed,yeah they got relegated but in fairness to Coyle a lot of his key men that season wer injured.His time at Wigan was terrible.

A lot will depend on how he does in the transfer market and if he listens to the rest of the backroom staff

Why were a lot of his players injured. Good managers can be unlucky but certain kinds of injury suggest poor care and training

well I don't think it was his training methods that caused Fabrice Muamba to have his problems.Stuart Holden has proven that he is an injury prone player so again don't think Coyles methods can be blamed.And the Korean lad who is now at palace also had a long term injury that season.Those 3 where key players for Bolton at that time Edited by islander200

• Backroom

I watched about 4 minutes of it. He's basically just repeating the same stuff every manager who's walked through the doors over the past 6 years has said. Great club, great tradition, great history, blah blah blah.

Like every other manager we've had, his words are ultimately irrelevant. Results matter and he'd better hope he can bring in some decent players pretty quickly, because as it stands we're going nowhere fast.

• Like 1

Results matter and he'd better hope he can bring in some decent players pretty quickly, because as it stands we're going downwards fast.

fixed it for you Edited by LewisF

I have to admit he's come across well and pretty genuine in these interviews(better than any manager since allardyce) talks cheap though, but if the kentaro links arent as dubious as we where first lead to believe and we can get some quality players in this summer then i maybe will give him a clean slate for the start of the season.

As for the past burnley link, that doesnt really bother me tbh, he wasnt really there that long and he did get them promoted with a pretty crap squad.

In regards to the comments made in support of kean, that can be put down to him just supporting a friend(as many of us would) and also not knowing exactly why the fans where fuming during that period.

His form as a manager post burnley is much harder to ignore and the only way he can get around that is by building a respectable team and winning games.

I haven't totally flipflopped just yet, but i have flipped a little😵

Edited by T J Hooker
  • Like 1

I have to admit hes come across well and pretty genuine in these interviews(better than any manager since allardyce) talks cheap though, but if the kentaro links arent as dubious as we where first lead to believe and we can get some quality players in this summer then i maybe will give him a clean slate for the start of the season.

As for the past burnley link, that doesnt really bother me tbh, he wasnt really there that long and he did get them promoted with a pretty crap squad.

In regards to the comments made in support of kean, that can be put down to him just supporting a friend(as many of us would) and also not knowing exactly why the fans where fuming during that period.

His form as a manager post burnley is much harder to ignore and the only way he can get around that is by building a respectable team and winning games.

I have totally flipflopped just yet, but i have flipped a little

And the self-delusion begins.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.