BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Danny Graham

• Backroom
On 01/02/2021 at 21:21, Dreams of 1995 said:

Sunderland are a toxic club. 

Rodwell was the same there. Yeah he arsed about the contract signing but when here there was no real issue with him, he put effort in on the pitch and did his job. There’s just something about Sunderland that I don’t like. 

Think there’s a bit of reverse snobbery, fans touted as heroic working class to whom football is life and nothing but the maximum is enough.

10 hours ago, rovers11 said:

He was very poor at Sunderland (twice), Middlesbrough, Wolves and Hull. If you asked fans at some of those clubs they'd prob say he's one of the worst strikers they've had.

Strange post.

5 apps for Wolves, 18 for Hull. Both on loan.

Boro 15 apps when he was just starting out. 2nd time on loan scored 6 goals in 15 apps

Hardly dreadful.

Sunderland fans probs have a legitimate gripe but he's been very good at quite a few clubs. He was excellent for us.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Strange post.

5 apps for Wolves, 18 for Hull. Both on loan.

Boro 15 apps when he was just starting out. 2nd time on loan scored 6 goals in 15 apps

Hardly dreadful.

Sunderland fans probs have a legitimate gripe but he's been very good at quite a few clubs. He was excellent for us.

To be fair, those sorts of numbers didn't stop some Rovers fans putting Modeste up there with Ashley Ward!

Agree that his good spells vastly outweighed the bad. As you say, he was excellent for us and I'm sad that he couldn't get rid of a few demons by banging a few in back in the North East. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Thanks for posting that Chaddy. Always interesting to hear the real inside stuff. Danny Graham certainly doesn’t think Mowbray got us relegated, sounds like it was a night/day transformation when he came in. DG certainly had his gripes with TM, but it all sounds to have been handled in an adult fashion, or as much as football ever gets adult. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Danny is UNDR the cosh’s patreon interview this week.

Some great clips about coyle, including loading his brew with 15 extra sugars! Organising their own meetings for tactics and his fridge full of iron bru.

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We can moan about Mowbray but my god Coyle sounds like the bell he was generally thought to be.

How the hell he got within 3 miles of Ewood we'll never know but someone somewhere was taking the piss for sure.

Yea Mowbray is an actual manager. Cares a lot, puts the time in.

Some of his decisions are baffling, but he’s never organising a table tennis comp when we’ve got 2 points in 9 games!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We can moan about Mowbray but my god Coyle sounds like the bell he was generally thought to be.

How the hell he got within 3 miles of Ewood we'll never know but someone somewhere was taking the piss for sure.

Well he was living about 3 feet from Brockhall… he won’t have been able to believe his luck.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Well he was living about 3 feet from Brockhall… he won’t have been able to believe his luck.

Twas probably what clinched the deal. No travel costs.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Let’s not use this as an excuse to give Mowbray a free pass though. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if those team tactics meetings still continue.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Let’s not use this as an excuse to give Mowbray a free pass though. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if those team tactics meetings still continue.

I think they do too - however I think this more of an expectation of the captain and senior players, as opposed to them literally taking the initiative.

3 hours ago, JBiz said:

Danny is UNDR the cosh’s patreon interview this week.

Some great clips about coyle, including loading his brew with 15 extra sugars! Organising their own meetings for tactics and his fridge full of iron bru.

Was a great watch/listen, especially the story about Richie Smallwood scrapping with the Avenue Hotel Chef 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

After the time he's been here he'll not be getting a free pass from me after 3 cracking results. The waffle is scarily similar at times but the differences are night and day apart from that.

One is an actual manager albeit a very frustrating one but the other is an over blown coach type. Just a tub thumper who somehow found it worked once to great effect then tried to live off it ever after.

• 1 year later...

Hope he's handling life after football ok he needs to get himself a coaching job or something if hes nothing to do.

Last time i saw a picture like that it was Gordon Cowans car hanging out of the front of Simon Garners shop courtesy of some of our friends the other side of Accy !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

Hope he's handling life after football ok he needs to get himself a coaching job or something if hes nothing to do.

Last time i saw a picture like that it was Gordon Cowans car hanging out of the front of Simon Garners shop courtesy of some of our friends the other side of Accy !

He has business interests including a clothing brand, Fugati. Its proper chav tackle, not sure how well its doing but he had a deal to do some stuff for Swansea. Some of their kit designs are quite smart, I wouldn't fancy this next season though....

Screenshot_20230414_192533_Chrome.jpg