BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Danny Graham

6 hours ago, gumboots said:

Ha ha ha. Bet they wished they'd had him last season

It is quite ironic isnt it that they loan and sell him to us in the PL and two seasons later they are in L1 below us.

From reading about, it did not really work out there for him from the start. Fans immediately didnt take to him because he was a Newcastle fan and they were going through rough times fighting relegation each year he was there. He himself admits it didnt work out for whatever reason but as we are seeing, there is quite a player there when happy.

A manager has played a striker on the wing of a three and he scored one goal in 42 games, lost all his confidence and fans turned after big price tag and high expectations. 

Sounds very familiar.

Thus striker plays as a striker and scores 12 goals in one premier league season and smashes a hatrick last Saturday.  

I wonder if there is something to learn from all.of this

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

A manager has played a striker on the wing of a three and he scored one goal in 42 games, lost all his confidence and fans turned after big price tag and high expectations. 

Sounds very familiar.

Thus striker plays as a striker and scores 12 goals in one premier league season and smashes a hatrick last Saturday.  

I wonder if there is something to learn from all.of this

I presume it was Martin O'Neill. If it was, sounds like he lost the plot near the end at Sunderland too 

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Transfer thread. A few people getting a bit caught up on Danny Graham being called a legend. 

He's been a great player for the club. A bit of integrity and honesty about him. I don't think being a legend is always measured purely by success. I feel a real affection for Graham, Mowbray, Mulgrew and Dack. Mowbray and Mulgrew haven't always been spectacular. Graham is aging. But between them (and others obviously) they halted the slide at least for a while. And made me actually cheer the club again which had become increasingly difficult in the Kean, Coyle era. 

Getting caught up on the definition of a 'legend' is a bit silly. But I think Danny Graham has been a bloody good player for us and I'm quite sad to see him go, whether it be his time or not. 

• Like 5

No it isn’t always judged by success, that’s why ‘Cult hero’ is the other moniker put on players, but not sure he’s that either. 

He’s been a bright spot in a fairly forgettable era, but ‘club legend’ he ain’t. Nowt ‘silly’ about saying so.

• Like 1

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Graham was instrumental in getting us back up. He allowed the likes of Dack to flourish.

A proper Centre Forward. He'll be missed. 

This is football, if we have a successful start to next season, it will be Danny who ?

31 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

No it isn’t always judged by success, that’s why ‘Cult hero’ is the other moniker put on players, but not sure he’s that either. 

He’s been a bright spot in a fairly forgettable era, but ‘club legend’ he ain’t. Nowt ‘silly’ about saying so.

A good ambassador for the football club is how I see it

• Like 3

A good player for standard we found (find) ourselves in. Grateful for his service. I’ve got one of these complete history of Blackburn Rovers books in which there is a chapter designated to each of the “100 star players”. If a similar book was to be written tomorrow would Danny Graham make the list. ?‍♂️. For my money probably not. 

• Like 3

Probably a legend or cult hero to younger fans and that's fair enough. A bit of a lower league Benni Mac for me he had something about him always a goal or good touch in him at all times even if it didn't look like it.

Would've liked to keep him around but finances need using better now.

• Like 1

I've got a lot of time for DG after his spell here. Legend is pushing it but he's been a good player for us and came across as a decent bloke who actually gave a damn about us.

Not sure where he'll end up but hopefully he gets fixed up somewhere decent, if he wants to carry on playing.

Sad to see an end to his career here, but also pleased that he leaves whilst he is in good shape and not as someone who as out-stayed his welcome. It sounds like he's genuinely enjoyed his time here, and overall he's been great for us during a v sticky period in the club's history.

Please Danny, just bottle that enthusiasm & centre forward nous and pass it over to Gallagher & BB will you?!

Good luck to him, wherever he ends up.

• Like 4