BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sandy Stewart Named New Assistant

I didnt know that Stewart was a coach for the SFA, It kind of goes against what some self appointed itk'ers have said about the training under Coyle and it does show that he is very qualified to do the job(so its not simply a case of 'jobs for the boys')

I do sense that Kelly will leave as soon as another decent job opportunity comes his way though, but like with Irvine i think it will be his decision and not a case of him being pushed out.

Well he's working wonders North Of The Border.

It was fake. :P

We've all been duped

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didnt know that Stewart was a coach for the SFA, It kind of goes against what some self appointed itk'ers have said about the training under Coyle and it does show that he is very qualified to do the job(so its not simply a case of 'jobs for the boys')

I do sense that Kelly will leave as soon as another decent job opportunity comes his way though, but like with Irvine i think it will be his decision and not a case of him being pushed out.

Just a coincidence that Murray has started winning Slams while the football deteriorates.

New balls please 🎾

I'm not looking for sticks to beat the club with, but this is a disaster for me.

I allowed myself to have a bit of hope when it looked like Irvine and Kelly had both been retained.

Irvine would have brought new ideas, a freshness to the 'Coyle ethos' sadly now that the dream team has been reunited it looks it'll be much of a muchness going forward and that's a real worry.

Hope I'm wrong.

No ball kicked, matches played.

We all need to wait till then.

No ball kicked, matches played.

We all need to wait till then.

That will obviously be the true test PAFELL, but doesn't bode well as far as I'm concerned.

Hope I'm wrong.

Haha quick one, OC offers a bag of doughnuts to the winner of their weekly (usually Friday when final preps should be made) head tennis tournament or a Macdonalds breakfast to the table tennis champ plus regular extended days off...FACT mate. As in from the mouth of ex players (plural) from Bolton and Wigan.

Irvine was pushed to look for a club as Coyle wanted Sandy Stewart in. As soon as he found a job, his release was negotiated and good old Sandy installed...

My god, I hope we're good this season. Because I'm getting strong wiffs of an incestious, Steve Kean type situation here...

Haha quick one, OC offers a bag of doughnuts to the winner of their weekly (usually Friday when final preps should be made) head tennis tournament or a Macdonalds breakfast to the table tennis champ plus regular extended days off...FACT mate. As in from the mouth of ex players (plural) from Bolton and Wigan.

Irvine was pushed to look for a club as Coyle wanted Sandy Stewart in. As soon as he found a job, his release was negotiated and good old Sandy installed...

My god, I hope we're good this season. Because I'm getting strong wiffs of an incestious, Steve Kean type situation here...

So what, its called team building, an occasional dougnut or mcdonads is hardly going to do an harm, i expect stuff like youve mentioned happens everywhere and if thats all it takes to keep the players moral up then its fine.

Moral team moral is what Coyle is good at ..tactics well thats another story

your correct I'll give you that 1st time for everything as I have it on very good authority from people at Wigan definite about the table tennis

Now what happened to Moyes or Joyce ??

So what, its called team building, an occasional dougnut or mcdonads is hardly going to do an harm, i expect stuff like youve mentioned happens everywhere and if thats all it takes to keep the players moral up then its fine.

The biggest asset any professional football club manager can have is respect. The best example of this is Sam Allardyce and the biggest testimony to that is the number of his ex players who say he was the best manager they have played for. Buying doughnuts or MacDonalds is more likely to be laughed at by experienced players.

Negativity Mani? Surely not after your comments about fellow posters recently :P

But I agree with you, no conspiracy here, it was nailed on that Stewart would be brought in, but it doesn't improve us and thats what we're all looking for.

Also I thought Coyles interview about Stewart was way way over the top and dare I say it, king rat esq.

And you wonder why this is labeled the anti rovers fan site

Interesting perspective.

In all my time on here I have never seen anything I would describe as anti Rovers. Love and loyalty to Rovers is the one thing most people appear to have in common.

Just frustration and different analyses about what is going on etc..

• Moderation Lead

Who labels it that then? Whilst not perfect, it's definitely the busiest one out there!!

Labelled by who? I don't wonder actually but if you believe that why do you keep posting. Unless you have been comatose for the last six years you should know that the way the club is run will polarise opinion. Because you don't agree with some opinion it doesn't make it anti Rovers.

Sorry the wording of my last post was ott and exaggerating, im just frustrated that lately it's become especially impossible on here to have any kind of positive(or even just neutral) conversation without the usual loud mouths shouting you down, belittling posters over trivial things, changing the subject and labaeling you moronic childish crap like venkylover etc... even though I rarely mention the venkys and im definitely not a fan of theres at all.

In responce to khod- you have to admit forums like this about any topic are pretty old school, the majority of people just use Facebook, twitter ect.. and if some of the louder posters from here went to those places and behaved the way they do here theyd soon be blocked by everybody justvfor being annoying.

• Moderation Lead

Sorry the wording of my last post was ott and exaggerating, im just frustrated that lately it's become especially impossible on here to have any kind of positive(orceven just neutral) conversation with the usual load mouthsvshoting you down and labaeling you childish crap like venkylove etc... even though I've rarely mention the venkys and im definitely not a fan of theres at all.

In responce to khod- you havevto admit forums like this about any topic are pretty old school, the majority of people jus use Facebook, twitter ect..

I'd say messageboards are still doing really well in football. They tend to be a central hub for news/links imo.

Anything Rovers in the last few years I've found out on here first for the most part....

• Backroom

I'd say messageboards are still doing really well in football. They tend to be a central hub for news/links imo.

Anything Rovers in the last few years I've found out on here first for the most part....

Or if I find out on Facebook, I come straight on to here to put my two pennies in. Only later do I share or whatever on Facebook.

Sorry the wording of my last post was ott and exaggerating, im just frustrated that lately it's become especially impossible on here to have any kind of positive(or even just neutral) conversation without the usual loud mouths shouting you down, belittling posters over trivial things, changing the subject and labaeling you moronic childish crap like venkylover etc... even though I rarely mention the venkys and im definitely not a fan of theres at all.

In responce to khod- you have to admit forums like this about any topic are pretty old school, the majority of people just use Facebook, twitter ect.. and if some of the louder posters from here went to those places and behaved the way they do here theyd soon be blocked by everybody justvfor being annoying.

Go and post on Facebook and leave this place to the grown ups then

Archived