BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sandy Stewart Named New Assistant

I have both facebook and twitter and use neither to find out rovers news. I use Facebook for friends and family and twitter occasionally to check sportsnews stories, but nothing to do with Rovers. This is my rovers fix

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find Rovers related stuff on FB dominated by children and petty squabbling and name calling to be honest. Yes, even more so than on here lol

I only really use Twitter for work related stuff (and even then its a rarity)

Moral team moral is what Coyle is good at ..tactics well thats another story

your correct I'll give you that 1st time for everything as I have it on very good authority from people at Wigan definite about the table tennis

Now what happened to Moyes or Joyce ??

Chill out pal, I told this thread about Joyce two days before it broke in the local or national press. I also said that Moyes had had initial contact from the club and was interested in the post. Which came direct from his mouth into my ears...the fact that it didn't go any further was prob financial in terms of his salary and lack of transfer funds.

Team moral is one thing but when the lads ridicule him and sneak in to train because they don't need another three days off its a bit of a p155 take.

Negativity Mani? Surely not after your comments about fellow posters recently :P

But I agree with you, no conspiracy here, it was nailed on that Stewart would be brought in, but it doesn't improve us and thats what we're all looking for.

Also I thought Coyles interview about Stewart was way way over the top and dare I say it, king rat esq.

I have no problem with any opinion, whether it be positive or negative. I just don't like to make sweeping statements without some back up.

Who labels it that then? Whilst not perfect, it's definitely the busiest one out there!!

Probably the empty-heads who comment on Facebook and the LT, with nothing but positivity for anything Rovers-related.

The Rao's could fly over and each take a steaming dump on the statue of Jack Walker, and some fans would be praising them for their commitment and bravery in coming to Ewood.

I have no problem with any opinion, whether it be positive or negative. I just don't like to make sweeping statements without some back up.

Think you may have missed the point, but anyway we agree on the Stewart appointment which is the main thing.

Do you see why o get @#/? off now, how many members has this placeclost over recent years becausecof this

I'm sure plenty more have given up commenting because of what the Venky's have done to the club. Given up attending and given up venting their anger. So is the level of apathy amongst the fans.

I seldom comment on the LT and no longer post on FB due to the excessively positive pro-Venky stance of it's members. Much rather be involved in discussions amongst people who've at least had their dose of realism, as opposed to those who defend Venky's, praise Coyle before a ball has been kicked, shout down anyone with a negative opinion and talk about our play-off/promotion push in La La Land.

I'm sure plenty more have given up commenting because of what the Venky's have done to the club. Given up attending and given up venting their anger. So is the level of apathy amongst the fans.

I seldom comment on the LT and no longer post on FB due to the excessively positive pro-Venky stance of it's members. Much rather be involved in discussions amongst people who've at least had their dose of realism, as opposed to those who defend Venky's, praise Coyle before a ball has been kicked, shout down anyone with a negative opinion and talk about our play-off/promotion push in La La Land.

Not at all aimed at you mustard but there are plenty who are a bit quick to jump down the throats of anyone not prepared to fully buy into every single conspiracy theory, even when they have otherwise been critical of happenings at the club. I think there are too many extreme reactions on both sides, and not very much objectivity.

Do you see why o get @#/? off now, how many members has this placeclost over recent years becausecof this

Try again in English please.

Another stupid extremist post there

Well done , this one is readable .

Why is it extremist? It's based on fact as he sees it. To say that many have had enough, no longer even bother to comment is true. There was a time when I, and many others like me, posted regularly because we were excited about Rovers. Remember the days when players like Bellamy, Mccarthy, Santa Cruz came to our club? Then there was a time when we were raging angry at what was happening and so we posted lots. Now we have the days when we know that nothing seriously good will happen until venkys go and nothing we can say or do makes any difference to our owners. So most of us don't bother saying it. It doesn't mean we care any less. It doesn't mean we're not seething inside. But there are only so many ways you can say the same thing. There is only one thing most of us want, however painful it may be and that is for venkys and everyone who has a finger in the pie with them to get the hell out of our club and leave us to pick up the pieces that are left. Until they do supporting rovers is pain, not pleasure.

Not at all aimed at you mustard but there are plenty who are a bit quick to jump down the throats of anyone not prepared to fully buy into every single conspiracy theory, even when they have otherwise been critical of happenings at the club. I think there are too many extreme reactions on both sides, and not very much objectivity.

While i agree with you, one thing i will pick up on is that i rarely ever on here see anybody big up the venkys or show any kind of extreme support for them or what they've done to the club, thats just a bit of a fallasy, you get the odd crack pot from time to time that comes on says a load of pro venkys stuff(just to antagonise) then they disappear or get booted by admin.

There are indeed. There are two sides to every coin, something I was trying to demonstrate to T J, yet highlighting the other side is akin to extremism apparently... As you say, it happens from both sides. Only need to gander on Facebook or the LT to see Venky's praised whenever a normal, sensible decision is made and the reaction anyone who chips in with a dose of negativity gets.

Extremist post? Jeez T J, you sound like you're losing the plot. If you're unsure on the meaning of a word, look up the definition before posting.

Now you're just being condescending and also moving the goalposts, I wasn't talking about facebook i was talking about this forum and as i said in my last post 'genuinely pro venkys posts and posters are very rare on this site'
yes extremist post, because your views are extremely one sided and you're not interested in hearing any opposing views and not only that but you insult those that offer a different view.

When something good does happen(ie. permanent signing of graham and tbh most of our signings so far under coyle) it cant even be discussed properly or in a positive way because the discussions get hijacked(tempted to say bay the extremists :P ) yet something that can be percieved as being even the slightest bit negative happens(or is even just rumoured) and you never here the end of it.

P.s. im venting this at you, but to tell the truth im not even sure who you are, you've never registered on my radar on here before, tbh its aimed more at the other loud mouths that like to shout down and belittle anybody that says something thats even slightly different to what they think and by doing so stop any real conversation from taking place.

Now you're just being condescending and also moving the goalposts, I wasnt talking about facebook i was talking about this forum and as i said in my last post 'genuinely pro venkys posts and posters are very rare on this site'

yes extremist post, because your views are extremely one sided and you're not interested in hearimg any oppsing views.

P.s. im venting this at you, but to tell the truth im not even sure who you are, youve never registered on my radar on here before, tbh its aimed more at the other loud mouths that like to shout down and belittle anybody that says something thats even slightly different to what they think and by doing so stop any real conversation from taking place.

I moved the goalposts? Read my initial reply to you, my post was not extreme at all. And the term is extreme and not extremist. Forgive me for being condescending but these are two very different things T J. As for being uninterested in hearing opposing views, I think you have me mistaken for someone else.

I wrote my beliefs on why many had walked away from this site. I then started another paragraph where I spoke of my experiences on the LT site on FB before your 'extremist' remark. Am I not allowed to draw a comparison between this forum and others? As for one-sided, I merely replied to your one-sided post to state there is in fact another side!

As for the last paragraph, you've admitted you don't know who I am, your venting is not aimed at me and how shouting down by others stops any real conversation taking place.... Well, what did your 'extremist' quip do for the debate?

I moved the goalposts? Read my initial reply to you, my post was not extreme at all. And the term is extreme and not extremist. Forgive me for being condescending but these are two very different things T J. As for being uninterested in hearing opposing views, I think you have me mistaken for someone else.

I wrote my beliefs on why many had walked away from this site. I then started another paragraph where I spoke of my experiences on the LT site on FB before your 'extremist' remark. Am I not allowed to draw a comparison between this forum and others? As for one-sided, I merely replied to your one-sided post to state there is in fact another side!

As for the last paragraph, you've admitted you don't know who I am, your venting is not aimed at me and how shouting down by others stops any real conversation taking place.... Well, what did your 'extremist' quip do for the debate?

actually when i made the remark "extremist post" it was only to prove(just to myself if anything) that if i make just one ott remark like that it would get made an issue off, but when certain other posters continually do it everyday in every thread its allowed.

p.s. in the case of some posters on here "extremist" is absolutely the correct term when you read some of the things they advocate doing in protest to the owners and people running the club(even if it is just all hot air)

Archived