BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Labour Leadership Bid And Future Of The Party

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Sorry Jim, but his writing is correct in the context of 'informal Internet messageboard'.

I don't think Corbyn has the voting power, myself, but the Government certainly needs to change!

7 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Anyway, back to Jeremy Corbyn and the battle to oust this hideous right wing government. 

I would suggest that blind faith in this 1970's throwback is the reason the party is in such a state.

Labour are in such a mess, that a party you believe are 'hideous' would slaughter them if an election was held tomorrow. 

56 minutes ago, adopted scouser said:

I would suggest that blind faith in this 1970's throwback is the reason the party is in such a state.

Labour are in such a mess, that a party you believe are 'hideous' would slaughter them if an election was held tomorrow. 

I thought a 5 year Parliament was a legal requirement now. A lot can happen in the next four years . I can see Brexit turning into a real mess  and Saint Teresa has nailed her colours firmly to the Brexit mast.

This is the kind of information that Corbyn should be highlighting. 

The UK under the Tories is the only developed country that has seen wages fall whilst seeing economic growth. The only other countries where wages have declined are Greece, Italy and Portugal. 

929b5a82-fe90-11e6-96f8-3700c5664d30.png

Since the financial crisis the Tories have transferred wealth from the poorest to the wealthiest. May's rhetoric of helping the "Jams" and trying to position the Tories as the party of the workers is a sick joke. 

10 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Since the financial crisis the Tories have transferred wealth from the poorest to the wealthiest. May's rhetoric of helping the "Jams" and trying to position the Tories as the party of the workers is a sick joke. 

Its no laughing matter though Jim because the voters are falling for it.

Look at copeland, a monumental win for the Tories, this despite the local hospital rumored to be losing vital services, terrible infrastructure and blatant lack of investment.

People simply do not give a t0ss, its a case of "I'm alright jack, sod the rest" - Just what the Tories want and thrive on.

Just now, Gav said:

Its no laughing matter though Jim because the voters are falling for it.

Look at copeland, a monumental win for the Tories, this despite the local hospital rumored to be losing vital services, terrible infrastructure and blatant lack of investment.

People simply do not give a t0ss, its a case of "I'm alright jack, sod the rest" - Just what the Tories want and thrive on.

You couldn't make it up. There was a piece on " Newsnight " last night about how the local Lake District council is struggling to maintain basic services and yet they vote for more cuts and more austerity.

He completely missed the Tories' big own goal of the Budget and which has caused a kerfuffle ever since Wednesday - the fact that Hammond's NI clampdown on the self-employed was a breach of their election manifesto

I listened to Corbyn's reply and it had obviously been prepared beforehand and made few references to the contents of Hammond's speech. It was just a long rambling rant against all the things in the world that annoy him and left the listener confused as to what he was actually objecting to.

The Tories give him open goals to aim at almost every week but he misses them every time. Missing the tax rise manifesto pledge was unforgiveable, 

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Trying to be fair. Replying to The Chancellor's speech isn't the easiest job in the world. When did any leader of the opposition shine in that position ?

Always thought Ed Miliband did particularly well at delivering the reply and I felt he was very able to go off-script if he sensed a decent hit available.  Of course he had the support of his MPs and plenty of vocals to go with his attacks, something Corbyn doesn't have.

I honestly believe the Labour leadership have no desire to be in government.   There just doesn't seem to be any cohesive movement focused on gaining No.10 and Corbyn seems happiest attending some left-wing demo in London.  

Archived