BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

1966 And All That

Paul

The first game I remember seeing in colour was the 68 F A cup final and it was a cause of great excitement at the time . Bear in mind apart from international games the cup final was the only live domestic game shown on TV all year, A week or so later I remember watching the United Benfica game on a colour Tv in the School Hall as it coincided with the confirmation service at St Leonard's Langho. The first half was missed due to the service and I watched extra time at home in B&W. My Brother came home and was a bit despondent about United winning. I couldn't understand why he didn't want an English team to win and he said words to the effect of "They get too much publicity now and this will just make it worse. "

Didn't they also have an England B team game on the week before the FA Cup? and the Home Internationals? Long time ago so I'm not sure myself.

Didn't they also have an England B team game on the week before the FA Cup? and the Home Internationals? Long time ago so I'm not sure myself.

I don't remember the England B games but the Home internationals I can remember being played over the space of a week just after the Cup Final. The mane source for live football in the sixties was the radio.

Hanks we must have been in Bournemouth at the same time. My parents had friends who ran a B & B at Ringwood and we spent the first fortnight of the 1966 World Cup there. I don't really remember too much about it tbh but my dad certainly did, as the B & B was one of the few places around that had a colour TV and the bar was incredibly popular during that month!

Did you have a crafty pint half shandy or 3 out of your parents view ^_^

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/march/3/newsid_2514000/2514719.stm

And your wife is called Roma, OJF? ;)

She's had her dyslexia cured, she's now known as Moira. 😂😂😂

Did you have a crafty pint half shandy or 3 out of your parents view ^_^

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/march/3/newsid_2514000/2514719.stm

It was probably one part beer and 20 parts lemonade as I was only a nipper 🍺

I can only remember England v Scotland, FA Cup final, and European Cup final being on live telly in those days

• Guest changed the title to 1966 And All That

Archived