BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Norwich City

I wouldn't worry too much, given his injury record over the past two seasons I can't see him lasting long.

Very concerning to see Corry Evans' struggling for fitness yet again when we haven't even kicked a ball yet.

Was think that. Don't rate Evans but a number on here do. But it looks like it will be academic as he seems to always miss half a season injured. Not one we can rely on as his only consistency seems to be injuries.

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New manager syndrome will see us pick up a point - 1-1. Greer to be motm.

My predicted team:

Steele

Lowe Greer Duffy Henley

Feeney Akpan Byrne Bennett

Marshall

Graham

If we got a draw with that midfield I'd be very surprised :o

I've always admired Marshall's talent and ability when his confidence is up. He had a spell in his first season before his injury where he was unplayable down the left wing. But since then he's shown to me that he can't be relied upon to be the main man; he's way too inconsistent.

The side Rovers11 has selected a few posts up has got 'bottom 8' written all over it.

Hope I'm wrong but I suspect we're heading for an almighty scrap here, and neither the manager nor the players are cut out for it.

I've always admired Marshall's talent and ability when his confidence is up. He had a spell in his first season before his injury where he was unplayable down the left wing. But since then he's shown to me that he can't be relied upon to be the main man; he's way too inconsistent.

The side Rovers11 has selected a few posts up has got 'bottom 8' written all over it.

Hope I'm wrong but I suspect we're heading for an almighty scrap here, and neither the manager nor the players are cut out for it.

The fullbacks and midfield have relegation stamped on in bold capitals :unsure: which means Steele is in for a torrid time.

Like a post above I think Greer will shine.

My predicted team:

Steele

Lowe Greer Duffy Henley

Marshall

Graham

If we get lucky with a point, it'll be a high score draw. 4-4 or suchlike.

There's no way we'll only concede one goal with that team.

Agreed, been saying bottom 8 myself. Not sure if i'd prefer a relegation scrap to @#/? off more fans against Venkys than another meaninglees mid table finish. Being stuck in no mans land for 5 years is really not helping the situation.

My team

Steele

Lowe Duffy Greer Henley

Bennett Evans Lenihan Conway

Marshall

Graham

Subs:- Raya, Ward, Hendrie, Apkan, Byrne, Feeney, Stokes

Looks close Chaddy. Maybe Hendrie for Henley and Ward for Greer but I can't do any better than that.

My predicted team:

Steele

Lowe Greer Duffy Henley

Marshall

Graham

Lord have mercy, i'm putting my house on Norwich to win.

Have to agree there SG

My dad has recently retired and we were contemplating getting a couple of STs, I've not had one for two seasons and pops hasn't had one for years due to working weekends. We held off as I was concerned about who we would be selling/buying, manager etc.

We were chatting yesterday and both agreed that this is the worst squad in decades. Unsurprisingly I have decided not to bother with any STs. For me this is heartbreaking as I wanted to pay him back for introducing me to rovers in 1981.

Alas while these jokers continue to pillage the club and contribute zero to the town it isn't going to happen.

Bill Taylor made me laugh too. "We need communication and dialogue" lol. Its been nearly six years Bill ffs, and they still don't care or listen. Blackburn with Darwen council should be persuing these conmen and making life as difficult as they can for them to continue stripping one of its assets..

I'll still go to games that my dad wants too, but the almost religious link has been well and truly broken.

Venkys Out - BRFC Made in Blackburn, destroyed in India.

Have to agree there SG

My dad has recently retired and we were contemplating getting a couple of STs, I've not had one for two seasons and pops hasn't had one for years due to working weekends. We held off as I was concerned about who we would be selling/buying, manager etc.

We were chatting yesterday and both agreed that this is the worst squad in decades. Unsurprisingly I have decided not to bother with any STs. For me this is heartbreaking as I wanted to pay him back for introducing me to rovers in 1981.

Alas while these jokers continue to pillage the club and contribute zero to the town it isn't going to happen.

Bill Taylor made me laugh too. "We need communication and dialogue" lol. Its been nearly six years Bill ffs, and they still don't care or listen. Blackburn with Darwen council should be persuing these conmen and making life as difficult as they can for them to continue stripping one of its assets..

I'll still go to games that my dad wants too, but the almost religious link has been well and truly broken.

Venkys Out - BRFC Made in Blackburn, destroyed in India.

Given the boycott which will no doubt affect what little atmosphere there was left at Ewood, your money would be better spent on away games pal.

The author of this Norwich article hasn't done their research. in a combined XI they have the 'consistent' Adam Henley at CB and Gordon Greer at LB. Also Nyambe as RB is surprising.

Possibly mixing up Henley with Hanley?

http://readnorwich.com/2016/08/05/blackburn-rovers-vs-norwich-city-combined-xi/

• Backroom

The author of this Norwich article hasn't done their research. in a combined XI they have the 'consistent' Adam Henley at CB and Gordon Greer at LB. Also Nyambe as RB is surprising.

Possibly mixing up Henley with Hanley?

http://readnorwich.com/2016/08/05/blackburn-rovers-vs-norwich-city-combined-xi/

Well, he's consistently useless so in that sense it's correct.

Getting Marshall to perform consistently might very well be the difference between a good season and the pits. He actually has some competition (although it remains to be seen if Feeney can be described as such) down the wings this season, which will hopefully make him raise his game or perform in a no. 10 role rather than playing with his usual inconsistently and/or being stuck at right back.

Getting Marshall to perform consistently might very well be the difference between a good season and the pits. He actually has some competition (although it remains to be seen if Feeney can be described as such) down the wings this season, which will hopefully make him raise his game or perform in a no. 10 role rather than playing with his usual inconsistently and/or being stuck at right back.

I wouldnt mind seeing Marsh just off Graham if Stokes doesnt work out.

• Backroom

I must be mad, I know by tomorrow evening I will be sulking but for now I'm just excited that tomorrow we can just get back to the football.

I must be mad, I know by tomorrow evening I will be sulking but for now I'm just excited that tomorrow we can just get back to the football.

I know what you mean Tom. Even though you know the odds are stacked against you it's always great to get back to football at the start of the season.

Archived