BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Duffy

He's got a terrible attitude, probably made worse by those around him telling him he's better than he is.

Not fit to wear the shirt again after his recent lack of effort, which has also highlighted that he's not good enough to play in the Premier League.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously?

Duffys had a terrible start to the season but he's always given 110% for the cause, some perspective required...

The way he was last night outweighs the others it was the worst of the worst imo. Previous seemingly 'good character' is no defence when you commit an atrocity.

The way he was last night outweighs the others it was the worst of the worst imo. Previous seemingly 'good character' is no defence when you commit an atrocity.

In no way am I defending his performance last night, an absolute shocker, but it does get a bit hysterical on here at times and not being at the game means we can't really judge for ourselves.

He was slaughtered on Saturday, again I wasn't there and watched on a stream, he was no better or no worse than anyone else on that pitch but got loads on here Saturday night.

No contract offer is no excuse not perform to the highest level, but its indicative of professional footballers around the world, they don't want to get injured, happens at every club, Duffy seems to fall into the bracket, although again I've not seen him play this season other than on TV. My mate said he had a very good game at Mansfield, so who knows.

Its a pity really because I think he's a very good championship defender, but lets not get bogged down with Duffy, Coyle, Marshall or whoever else is thrown into the mix, the real villians are Venkys, pure and simple, we need them out.

#venkysout - Its all that matters.

He's got a terrible attitude, probably made worse by those around him telling him he's better than he is.

Not fit to wear the shirt again after his recent lack of effort, which has also highlighted that he's not good enough to play in the Premier League.

Great point made. Somebody somewhere is telling him he is prem quality or some outstanding defender. The attitude of him ove the last couple of weeks is awful. Reality is. He is Championship at best and what is plainly obvious now, Hanley carried him all last season.

• Backroom

Seriously?

Duffys had a terrible start to the season but he's always given 110% for the cause, some perspective required...

Perspective?

He removed an armband in memory of Rovers' greatest fan! Even Best, Murphy, Orr never openly showed explicit, deliberate disrespect to Jack himself. Hell, I'm not even sure I'd accuse Kean, Anderson or Venkys of that, they're just crooked people.

• Backroom

I work with the girlfriend of one of the groundsmen (pinch of salt required), supposedly he walked out on a meeting at Brockhall this morning.

Personally I wouldn't have thought they'd been in until this afternoon due to travelling etc.

If Duffy wasn't at a club full of yellow bellies he would have got a good slap last night by his teammates his performance was that obvious to get a move.

For me I'd say let him rot this season, not necessarily to ruin him but as fans if he went for £3-4m we would gain nothing as it wouldn't be reinvested. Him training with the mushroom squad would give him a feeling that we have had for the last 6 years ... Humiliation and hurt!!!

This Euro thing has smashed his head for sure and he's being made out to be something he's not. When I watched him in that I wanted him to do well obviously but what I saw was typical Duffy. Not sour grapes as I said as much on here around the time.

Committed performance and strong in the air but lost his man several times which resulted in goals against. Then drawn out of position easily which resulted in the sending off. As someone said he is the watered down version of Richard Dunne, no matter how well he performs on occasion there is always a serious cock up just around the corner.

Heads been turned and he thinks he'll be a Celtic legend or get a move to the Prem when in reality he'll probably go to somewhere like Brighton and continue to be a Championship plodder.

He's always drawn out of position easily. Always has been and with no signs of that improving at 24 years old, probably always will be.

What Premier League clubs sells a supposed good young prospect for 300k? None, especially in today's inflated market.

Perspective?

He removed an armband in memory of Rovers' greatest fan! Even Best, Murphy, Orr never openly showed explicit, deliberate disrespect to Jack himself. Hell, I'm not even sure I'd accuse Kean, Anderson or Venkys of that, they're just crooked people.

This is what I mean by hysterics, do you honestly believe Shane Duffy thought to himself:

'I'm going to remove this armband thats a tribute to Jack Walker and p1ss off as many Rovers fans as possible'?

Come off it Mike.

Just try and imagine Duffy putting in a performance like that under a manager like Mick McCarthy, Neil Warnock or Sam Allardyce.

Wouldn't happen in a million years.

The 7-1 defeat at Old Trafford under Allardyce was a surrender across the entire team, a disgrace, only rivaled by King rats away at Spurs, but we digress.

• Backroom

Its a pity really because I think he's a very good championship defender

Decent at best imv, and a lot weaker without a better player beside him. The problem is, as average as Duffy is, we won't get in better... so it's hard to advocate moving him on. After last night's removal of the armband (intentional or not - why was he the only one without?) I see no way back for him. Rovers won't benefit, but at this point it still seems best for all parties if he moves on.

Ultimately though, as you say, it's all just a sideshow. If we were a normal club these debates might rage for pages and pages, but as it stands it doesn't matter how good or bad Duffy is. We just need Venky's to leave.

This is what I mean by hysterics, do you honestly believe Shane Duffy thought to himself:

'I'm going to remove this armband thats a tribute to Jack Walker and p1ss off as many Rovers fans as possible'?

Come off it Mike.

The 7-1 defeat at Old Trafford under Allardyce was a surrender across the entire team, a disgrace, only rivaled by King rats away at Spurs, but we digress.

Just remind me where we were in the league at that point, Gav? Moreover, just remind me which league we were in!

Your hate for Allardyce knows no-bounds, and I tell you what, he wouldn't stand for this nonsense of the players showing a complete lack of respect to not only the club, but to him as well.

No player is bigger than the football club OR the manager - Duffy seems to think he's above both.

Flog him.

Seriously?

If the cause happens to be for his benefit

I work with the girlfriend of one of the groundsmen (pinch of salt required), supposedly he walked out on a meeting at Brockhall this morning.

Personally I wouldn't have thought they'd been in until this afternoon due to travelling etc.

They fly back to Manchester or Preston from Cardiff on the night

Ability is an invaluable commodity in the professional game. You can have all the try-hard right-attitude players you want and it won't get you anywhere if you don't also have the quality.

Every time one of our top players has got fed up with one of our useless managers in the past 6 years, the fans have by and large rounded on the player. Yeah Duffy's behaviour is not what you want from a highly paid professional, but that's life in football and has been for decades now. The vast majority of players are petulant and prone to acting out and the only reason most of the Rovers squad isn't doing the same (or at least to the same level) is because they aren't good enough to have other options like Duffy has.

The ideal solution in these situations isn't to give the unsettled player and encouraging kick out the door, its to get rid of the garbage manager, and get another one in who can re-motivate the player. Hemorrhaging quality the way Rovers have in the last 6 years is exactly why fans have looked at our squad at the start of this season and thought "dear God" or something along those lines.

Tens of Duffy situations where they are always replaced by someone worse, as will happen in this one.

If Duffy wasn't at a club full of yellow bellies he would have got a good slap last night by his teammates his performance was that obvious to get a move.

For me I'd say let him rot this season, not necessarily to ruin him but as fans if he went for £3-4m we would gain nothing as it wouldn't be reinvested. Him training with the mushroom squad would give him a feeling that we have had for the last 6 years ... Humiliation and hurt!!!

Totally agree

The 'I hate Allardyce' lot are a funny bunch. They always quote the 7-1 result if they're Rovers fans, but could he have caught wind of the manoeuvres in the background to bin him and had a lapse of professionalism and thought 'oh stuff it, let's rest a few players and save our energy'. Speaking as someone who has been soundly stabbed in the back by senior people and stitched up, there is a voice that says "go on, just go mad and metaphorically leave a big poo on that tosser's desk".

Sam is the kind of guy who would hear rumours and get a quiet word from someone that the axe is falling from a 'lowly member of staff' who would have overheard person X or Y discussing the future with Kean as manager.

• Backroom

Come off it Mike.

He wants out of the club. It's not a stretch, especially considering his other antics last night.

But the owners and their advisers and yes maybe their latest stooge have all circled to create this situation by not sorting these guys contracts out months ago.

As we've said on here for ages they want to cash in and now the player has turned the spotlight on himself and his situation is untenable.

One giant @#/? take all round.

Big SAMs laughing and pointing at you Gav. Just remember that.

As for Duffy - he's all about strength and height. Technically there are his equals playing in the conference, but he's just that bit bigger and stronger than most of them.

Big SAMs laughing and pointing at you Gav. Just remember that.

As for Duffy - he's all about strength and height. Technically there are his equals playing in the conference, but he's just that bit bigger and stronger than most of them.

I think he's the worst player on the ball I've ever seen, that's no exaggeration, and no I'm not forgetting Jason Lowe.

It's all down to the Venkys that we have to gamble on taking players that have been disruptive at previous clubs.

All our anger needs directing at the Venkys. If we start on the players and Coyle the press will spin us as bad supporters.

#Venkysout

I'm all for targeting Venkys, but players with a shoddy attitude, getting themselves sent off and possibly booting the ball in their own net do not deserve a free ride. Accepted, I'm not a fan of booing them whilst they play for us but when daddy and little bro' are fanning the flames, who can blame them. He is showing himself to be a bit of a classless act. I for one struggle to abide that, especially when they are of extremely limited ability and have a track record of making pub - player decisions when on brain surgeon wages.

It's all down to the Venkys that we have to gamble on taking players that have been disruptive at previous clubs.

All our anger needs directing at the Venkys. If we start on the players and Coyle the press will spin us as bad supporters.

#Venkysout

The press won't care either way. We won't be a featured match on Soccer Saturday with those SEM clowns slagging us off.

Archived