BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Duffy

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just remind me where we were in the league at that point, Gav? Moreover, just remind me which league we were in!

Your hate for Allardyce knows no-bounds, and I tell you what, he wouldn't stand for this nonsense of the players showing a complete lack of respect to not only the club, but to him as well.

The question posed by JH, which you and den obviously missed, was can you imagine a player doing what Duffy did last night under Allardyce, Big Mick or Warnock.

Yes is the answer.

We all saw it in the 7-1 defeat at Utd, the entire team surrendered, and Allardyce even apologised to the fans, our league position has absolutely nothing to do with it, anyway thats enough fresh air expelled discussing him.

#venkysout

How come Chestons"outstanding candidate" didnt substitute him ?

Did we have anyone to replace him on the bench? I doubt it harry.

Saw his two goals.

Do not understand how he didn't even make an effort for the first one. The ball took ages to get back to him in my opinion.

Could have even left the ball to run and turned with it or just knocked it anywhere else. I'm convinced he did it on purpose. Second one even more obviously on purpose - I've never seen a defender head down towards his own goal like that before.

Maybe just paranoid with everything that's going on but I don't believe it was just bad luck - no way

This is what I mean by hysterics, do you honestly believe Shane Duffy thought to himself:

'I'm going to remove this armband thats a tribute to Jack Walker and p1ss off as many Rovers fans as possible'?

Come off it Mike.

The 7-1 defeat at Old Trafford under Allardyce was a surrender across the entire team, a disgrace, only rivaled by King rats away at Spurs, but we digress.

Why else did he take the armband off then? Cutting his circulation?

And yes - so pleased those days with Big Sam in charge are behind us.

The question posed by JH, which you and den obviously missed, was can you imagine a player doing what Duffy did last night under Allardyce, Big Mick or Warnock.

Yes is the answer.

We all saw it in the 7-1 defeat at Utd, the entire team surrendered, and Allardyce even apologised to the fans, our league position has absolutely nothing to do with it, anyway thats enough fresh air expelled discussing him.

#venkysout

Did we have anyone to replace him on the bench? I doubt it harry.

I'll tell you one difference between Sam's managership and now. We may have lost 7-1 to Manure but we won the next game.

After last night I'm glad.

At one point I thought he may have matured into a good player and I'll never forget his goal at Brentford. But last night was just disgraceful. I'm still convinced he scored those goals on purpose.

Don't suppose the dosh will go anywhere except India.

Venkys out

The sensible 'football fan head' would say "what a good do, where are we gonna reinvest the 4 million: 2,3,4 players that we badly need?"

Sadly won't happen. #venkysout

I agree completely, can leave for free next summer so a great price. Zero funds going into the club and waiting for Wes Brown to recover from injuries circa 2012 are the reality unfortunately!

#venkysout

''A-RSEHOLE GOES TO BRIGHTON"

Hardly worth a headline but I feel like I've flushed a bad s-hit

Duffy put the T into What

Under normal circumstances, you'd be ecstatic at having got shut of Hanley and Duffy for in excess of £8million. £8 fecking million for those 2 donkeys! We'll get some real players with that and the brass we got for Rhodes that we haven't spent yet. Oh, I forgot, how much of the £20 million went to agents for their efforts in finding the poor lambs new clubs? Bloody hell, is that all that's left?.....

Under normal circumstances, you'd be ecstatic at having got shut of Hanley and Duffy for in excess of £8million. £8 fecking million for those 2 donkeys! ...

The best centre back pairing we've had in recent seasons who contributed a lot to us staying up last year. If we had nine more donkeys like them we would be doing OK.

Who will be the scapegoat tomorrow? Lowe, already is, Steele almost got the badge.

I haven't seen us play yet so looking forward to the Burton game. No idea what the CB pairing will be though.

2 donkeys?? Those 2 stopped us getting relegated last season and there's a very good reason numerous clubs have been interested in both. Our defence has looked an absolute shambles the the entire team like lost little boys without Hanley this season, and you can guarantee we won't replace Duffy with as good a player.

£8 million for those 2 is good value. Don't forget buying clubs don't always get it right!! Duffy has always been a duffer IMO, Hanley improved last year but prior was shocking.

The reason we didn't get relegated last season was that there were 3 teams worse than us. The likes of Mcnamee and Hawkins would be worth £50 million these days, give me strength, the world's gone mad!

The best centre back pairing we've had in recent seasons who contributed a lot to us staying up last year. If we had nine more donkeys like them we would be doing OK.

Who will be the scapegoat tomorrow? Lowe, already is, Steele almost got the badge.

I haven't seen us play yet so looking forward to the Burton game. No idea what the CB pairing will be though.

Unlike you Paul not to take the whole post in context! For the record, Steele is another duck egg and I agree Lowe is a scapegoat.

(I reckon I could have improved the team immeasurably with £20 million to spend)

Subscribe to Player and witness it before passing judgement on others

What a crock of.........................

• Backroom

I noticed that expectations and perceptions were lowered some time ago, as Venky's would have wanted. We could get better than Duffy or Hanley with the money we've been given for them, if it was reinvested properly. Unfortunately it won't be. Selling them isn't necessarily the issue, the lack of reinvestment is our problem, and the issue once again leads straight to Pune.

#venkysout

£8 million for those 2 is good value. Don't forget buying clubs don't always get it right!! Duffy has always been a duffer IMO, Hanley improved last year but prior was shocking.

The reason we didn't get relegated last season was that there were 3 teams worse than us. The likes of Mcnamee and Hawkins would be worth £50 million these days, give me strength, the world's gone mad!

It's only good value if you reinvest (at least some of) the money on replacements.

Selling them and the owners pocketing the cash does nothing of value for Blackburn Rovers.

Archived