BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Burton Albion Game Thread.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mate who offered me a free ticket's mum is a steward, so for this match I won't be taking the banner as this is his first time without a parent in the same stand as him so he doesn't have any credit at the minute. Says he knows the main steward as well so his mum could potentially get sacked, but as the person who's ST I have been offered is away for a few more weeks, I'll take it to the match this time next week as his mum will know what he's like on his own win his mates by then (and we'd sit elsewhere in the stand so as to avoid the steward he knows).

I tried using my powers of persuasion, what can you do eh? ;)

EDIT: I don't think I fancy standing up all game today anyway, might need a sit down with my head in my hands after the first 15 minutes or so

I think Lenihan is useless next to Bryne in a 4-4-2. No other options.

He's head and shoulders better than Akpan. In my opinion of course. The other option is Lowe. Even he is better than Akpan.

442 doesn't seem to be working under Coyle he's no idea how to set them out and his selections and approach to games in the league so far have been highly questionable.

I'd probably just go 1 up top with Graham and pack the midfield to try and grind a few results out regardless of the oppo.

442 doesn't seem to be working under Coyle he's no idea how to set them out and his selections and approach to games in the league so far have been highly questionable.

I'd probably just go 1 up top with Graham and pack the midfield to try and grind a few results out regardless of the oppo.

I suspect you didn't see the first game. 4-5-1 isn't his forte either.

Correct but it looks like he's no idea however he sets them up. From what I gathered from the radio he actually sets them up to attack but they don't and sit off and pass sideways ?

I'm just on about an old style defensive 451 like Hughes did when he first arrived. Pack midfield, protect that crap defence at all times.

Correct but it looks like he's no idea however he sets them up. From what I gathered from the radio he actually sets them up to attack but they don't and sit off and pass sideways ?

I'm just on about an old style defensive 451 like Hughes did when he first arrived. Pack midfield, protect that crap defence at all times.

When he changed it to 442 with Byrne and Stokes in that first game we did look much better though.

Could be argued that Norwich had took their foot off the gas, were a bit leggy though.

Any team with Henley and Lowe as full backs and that lightweight midfield is going to fail. Add Shown goal Duffy into the mix and you're crying.

Coyle would be better off just picking 11, including 2 strikers, and telling them to go out and play and then just sit in the stand and watch. They would probably gravitate into a good formation and play better without his constant annoying whine from the touch line. It's not rocket science after all is it?

Got burton on every acca today its inconcievable a professional club couldnt beat us ridiculous odds on Burton considering. Our squad is two divisions above where they should be.

Almost 3/1 in some places Burton, thats cracking odds.

When he changed it to 442 with Byrne and Stokes in that first game we did look much better though.

Could be argued that Norwich had took their foot off the gas, were a bit leggy though.

Any team with Henley and Lowe as full backs and that lightweight midfield is going to fail. Add Shown goal Duffy into the mix and you're crying.

Trouble is when we have a middle 2 of Lenihan and Byrne, this brings a few issues. Neither seems to naturally get forward or want to get forward so it's like square ball city with no penetration and no midfielder getting ahead of the forwards, plus they're kids with little pace and playing in there in this league will kill them. Unfortunately they need Akpan in there to be the protection.

Got burton on every acca today its inconcievable a professional club couldnt beat us ridiculous odds on Burton considering. Our squad is two divisions above where they should be.

I agree and had the at 5/2 earlier in the week. I know you shouldn't bet against your own team, but it is literally like printing money at the minute. Unbelievably we were 5/1 to be relegated at the beginning of the season too.

I agree and had the at 5/2 earlier in the week. I know you shouldn't bet against your own team, but it is literally like printing money at the minute. Unbelievably we were 5/1 to be relegated at the beginning of the season too.

I got 7/1 on relegation the day Hanley was sold. I have never bet against Rovers in my life but put £20 on us to go down. If I'm going to sit and watch this unfold then at least at the end of it i'll get some financial compensation. If we stay up then I'd be more than happy to lose my £20.

Burton have ex-dingle Lloyd Dyer on the wing. He's quick and will be too much for our over-exposed full-backs.

It's vital we score first for once and that it's not all over by H/T.

What full backs? We dont have any

I got 7/1 on relegation the day Hanley was sold. I have never bet against Rovers in my life but put £20 on us to go down. If I'm going to sit and watch this unfold then at least at the end of it i'll get some financial compensation. If we stay up then I'd be more than happy to lose my £20.

I had a bit more than that on at 5/1 and just like you, would not normally bet against Rovers. Sadly I have backed Norwich, Wigan and Cardiff and will also be having a few quid on Burton today. Nothing like a sure bet, but all these have felt like one.

So in other words, Coyle has no forte... Lets face it, if we cant get things sorted in any formation, then we can only assume that the players are not happy with Coyle as manager. That wouldnt surprise me

Archived