Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Relegation Thread

Gav

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Irrelevant Stuart

#venkysout

You could write that about every post on here, Gav.

Until Venkys leave we still have fixtures to fulfil.

Maybe it's time for you to give the board a rest for a while - for the sake of your blood pressure!

Everything is irrelevant until Venkys leave Stuart.

But that doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss topics, you're quite right.

I don't have high blood pressure, the situation doesn't bother me as I've taken control, you should try it.

Venkys don't impact on my life, I won't let them.

You could write that about every post on here, Gav.

Until Venkys leave we still have fixtures to fulfil.

Maybe it's time for you to give the board a rest for a while - for the sake of your blood pressure!

Everything goes on as normal, but nothing feels normal. Funny old times.

Venkys Out.

Ex Dingle Chaplow is another homophobic tool like current Dingle Gray.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37181434

Did you read the piece? Sound more like he called his opponent a soft @#/? or suchlike. What Gray posted was utterly stupid but let's not get over-sensitive about these things generally.

Just as an aside, hypothetically, if it'd been a League One encounter between two heterosexual players and he'd said "get up ya puff" after he went down in a heap, would that be forgiven as football banter or would it be a homophobic slur? Or does it depend on the sexuality and sensitivity of the recipient? Genuine question for anyone really.

Did you read the piece? Sound more like he called his opponent a soft @#/? or suchlike. What Gray posted was utterly stupid but let's not get over-sensitive about these things generally.

Just as an aside, hypothetically, if it'd been a League One encounter between two heterosexual players and he'd said "get up ya puff" after he went down in a heap, would that be forgiven as football banter or would it be a homophobic slur? Or does it depend on the sexuality and sensitivity of the recipient? Genuine question for anyone really.

Interesting question. I would say that calling someone a 'poof' is an offence, regardless of whether they are heterosexual or homosexual, or whether uttered in the heat of a moment on a sports field, or in a pub. But I'm sure a decent lawyer could argue against that opinion.

I can't agree with your 'lets not get over sensitive' comment. This is a hate crime in the UK and somebody close to me has been a victim of such vile comments.

Got to laugh at Gray's attempts to wriggle off the hook with this one. He's been caught, he's guilty of making homophobic comments, and therefore should have the book thrown at him and an example set. When its racism the FA are desperate to make examples of people to try and deter others from making such comments and have 'Kick it Out' involved from the off.

All this talk about it being 4 years ago is nonsense. It doesn't matter how long ago it was, it's completely unacceptable for anyone to put such views on twitter, especially if you are a professional footballer in the limelight with fans watching your every move. His statement on the Burnley website was a clear attempt to head off trouble before it escalated, all this talk of him not being homophobic and being a different person today than he was 4 years ago. Burnley, the Lancashire Telegraph and other pro-Burnley organisations are desperately trying to protect him by playing this down and trying to paint it as a minor issue, when really it should be every bit as serious as John Terry's racism storm

He's admitted he wrote those things and they are clearly homophobic. He should therefore be labelled as such and disciplined accordingly.

Archived