BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlie Mulgrew

Iceman

It must really be bad

Because we use to create separate threads to discuss players we have signed.

Now nobody gives a @#/? lol

But anyway, discuss the signing if any of you actually wants to discuss him :D

Anything else, and get banned. :D

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im really keen to hear more on him. For a start, is he right or left footed? Can he play right back? Can Hobhan play RB, and Mulgrew into CB alongside Greer. Ill take anybody at RB to get rid of Lowe

Okay so what the hell is? A midfielder or a CB? Or one of those who we can shift all over the place to fill a gap?

I thought he was more of a centre back than anything. if we had Greer and Mulgrew as our 2 centre-backs 2 years ago you would say that was decent at this level. Now, not so sure. How often to older players come back after a long period of injury? Really strange to hand out a 3 year deal when he's played so little recently. it's not like he's been at a top club with a huge choice of people ahead of him either, he's been competing with Efe Ambrose for Christsakes. Wonder who his agent is.

No idea at all about him. Can't be worse than what already here.

3 year contract seems steep for a 30 year old. Even if he's on a sensible wage for the Championship, in 2 years time it could become another noose.

Under normal circumstances I would be happy with this signing. He's a good player.

A signing Lambert would almost certainly have made as well.

Seems to have been on the radar by Rovers head of recruitment in March

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14323128.Blackburn_Rovers_head_of_recruitment_admits_Charlie_Mulgrew_is_one_of_several_targets_on_radar/

Reading this, and everything was setup for the summer, then Lambert all of a sudden calls it a day. Clearly promises were broken, and not to bring up Lambert again, but there really has to be other influences making decisions.

Injury prone, but according to Chris Sutton hes a decent central midfielder who reads the game well. Not good at full back as too slow.

If he stays fit he's a decent addition, but on a 3yr contract?

That's just madness.

Reading this, and everything was setup for the summer, then Lambert all of a sudden calls it a day. Clearly promises were broken, and not to bring up Lambert again, but there really has to be other influences making decisions.

Lambert wanted to spend big and the owners didn't give it him.

Lambert produced his plans in a detailed documents and his short and long term targets in those plans which he gave to their middle man supposedly according to Lambert comments

Lambert wanted to spend big and the owners didn't give it him.

Lambert produced his plans in a detailed documents and his short and long term targets in those plans which he gave to their middle man supposedly according to Lambert comments

As i said Chaddy, promises were broken. But i dont want to derail this thread, but Lambert came out and said there are some big names he is after in the summer, which would surprise many. Then he walked, because Venkys got cold feet.

Anyway, thats history now. Mulgrew is here, and Coyle is still here, so lets see what happens. #venkysout

• Moderation Lead

There were rumours about Mulgrew while Lambert was still here as I recall, I think he'd have signed regardless. He'll look less of a player under our current gaffer though, of that I'm sure.

Archived