7 hours ago, Kamy100 said:

That is irrelevant because NHS costs have risen at close to 4% per year so in effect there has been a cut of 2.5% each year, funding needed to rise by 7-9 percent in order for real terms investment that could actually result in service improvement.

Let's not forget population increase either eh? About half a million a year I think over last 10 years?

Haven't looked that up but I think its right. Nearly 68M inhabitants now.

Edited by 47er
  • Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jim mk2

• philipl

• den

• 47er

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Simply put, without the NHS: I'd never have been born (I'm an IVF baby). I'd have died in the womb (as did the triplets I was supposed to be part of). I'd have died at some point immedi

And I’m going to have a Spanish beer from a Belgian glass, wearing an Italian band t-shirt ordered from a German website, and listening to some Bulgarian europop. You and the rest can stick Brexi

The Tories didn't drag us out of the EU to strengthen workers rights for gods sake - What planet are you on ?

Posted Images

On a serious note, I can't ever remember a US President interfering in a British election so directly (although I have to say they haven't had any compunction interfering in South American countries elections on many occasions and going way beyond advice.)

it shows total disrespect for the norms of diplomatic behaviour and incredible conceit/arrogance that Trump should feel he has anything worth listening to about Britain.

He is fanatical in his support for "Nigel' which ought to serve as a warning for those thinking of voting for that piece of shit.

You want to watch that one because it agrees with your view. I only caught the end of the programme but I heard some pretty scathing comments about Johnson from some of the audience. 

Tories have just emailed me saying I'm receiving this email as I'm on their subscription list. No I'm not and never have been. Quickly unsubscribed. They shouldn't even be able to contact me by email

Edited by gumboots
Just now, gumboots said:

You want to watch that one because it agrees with your view. I only caught the end of the programme but I heard some pretty scathing comments about Johnson from some of the audience. 

Tories have just emailed me saying I'm receiving this email as I'm on their subscription list. No I'm not and never have been. Quickly unsubscribed. They shouldn't even be able to contact me by email

I watched the show every week actually. I watch it back on Sky Q. Only started it about 11.45pm so im almost at the end now. 

The guy is spot on.

Yes I recieve Emails daily from the Tories party. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Just watching question time and this young guy has just sum up it perfectly. (Must watch)

He also seemingly totally ignores the reasons why labour voted against the various incarnations of the deal that have been put forward so far...that they would have been damaging for the country in both the short and long term? 

Labour’s position has always been one of trying to ensure both leave and remain voters feel like they’ve been listened to in the final say to try and bring some unity back to the British people. Instead of being like the Tories pushing through leaving ‘do or die’, or the Lib Dem’s cancelling the result of the referendum all together. 

It’s also a pretty well known fact Corbyn wants us to leave the EU so seems strange when people say he’s trying to derail something he wants to happen?

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I watched the show every week actually. I watch it back on Sky Q. Only started it about 11.45pm so im almost at the end now. 

The guy is spot on.

Rather than ask why you support the Conservatives, I'll ask why you hate Corbyn so much given that he (and not Johnson) has sworn to protect what you claim to hold dear.

Everything Corbyn says can be backed up. Nothing Boris says can.

So why are you so hell bent on supporting the man promising to ruin the lives of millions instead of the man doing his best to stop that? I'm NOT referring to Brexit either, just the policy promises.

• Moderation Lead
7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Just watching question time and this young guy has just sum up it perfectly. (Must watch)

Confirmation bias. 

He literally parrots the nonsense the media have fed him.

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The guy is spot on.

Didn't say you didn't watch the whole programme but the bit you posted was a short snapshot of the whole programme. If I'd posted the bit I agreed with it would be the same issue

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

If Brexit comes to pass and it all goes tits up as it almost certainly will, the Tories will have nailed their colours firmly to the mast of a sinking ship. They'll be going down with all hands then. It's important for Labour that the blame lies wholly with the perpetrators.

Regarding the latest defection - the Lib-Dems will have more Tories on board than Lib-Dems soon, nothing new there though.

Johnson's electoral problem in a simple graph.

37% of traditional Tories are Remainers.

They are deserting the Tories and the ones who still vote Conservative are very soft whilst Brexit Party also grabs former Conservatives.

Leave to Lib Dem and Green (and some voting Labour) are Remainers now.

image.thumb.png.c33f47235fc3fdabf74f082edd781b1c.png

Just now, den said:

Johnson says back the deal to get brexit done. Farage says don’t back the deal because it isn’t brexit.

BREXITEERS on  here........

you know what you voted for, who’s right?

Looks like Farage has made Johnson an offer he could refuse !

If Johnson agrees to that deal he's sunk. Mind you knowing Johnson he could agree to the deal and then crap on Farage after the election. The " Brexit " vote will be split between the Brexit Party and the Brexit  voting Tories if things stay as they are.

Farage tells Johnson he has to “drop the deal”.

"So I’m going to say this to Boris Johnson, drop the deal. Drop the deal, because it’s not Brexit, drop the deal, because as these weeks go by, and people discover what it is that you’ve signed up to, they will not like it."

This is the key.

Everyone has been assuming a Conservative/Brexit party pact would create a majority in parliament for Johnson’s version of Brexit. Farage hates the Johnson deal. He is asking Johnson to abandon what has been the only success of his short premiership (negotiating a version of Brexit acceptable to the EU and to almost the entire Conservative party) and so there is no chance at all of Johnson agreeing to this.

Farage also encouraged division and sedition in both Tory and Labour MPs offering to not stand against them if they back his version of Brexit and not Johnson's

Farage was also rabbiting on about his pal Trump a lot.

This completely sinks Chaddy's arguments for Brexit. Nearly four years on Johnson and Farage still completely disagree about what Brexit is which means NOBODY VOTING BREXIT KNEW WHAT THEY WERE VOTING FOR.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Looks like Farage has made Johnson an offer he could refuse !

If Johnson agrees to that deal he's sunk. Mind you knowing Johnson he could agree to the deal and then crap on Farage after the election. The " Brexit " vote will be split between the Brexit Party and the Brexit  voting Tories if things stay as they are.

Despite the Tory's % lead over Labour I doubt that anyone has a clue on how this election is going to pan out. Good luck being a pollster.

Let's see how it will all shake out. The Tory's want northern Labour voting leavers, whilst Labour/Lib Dem's are going after southern Tory voting remainers. It's backwards.

I don't know what Pied Piper Farage and his Brexit Party are going to achieve standing candidates everywhere. I can't see them winning any seats.

Just now, speeeeeeedie said:

Despite the Tory's % lead over Labour I doubt that anyone has a clue on how this election is going to pan out. Good luck being a pollster.

Let's see how it will all shake out. The Tory's want northern Labour voting leavers, whilst Labour/Lib Dem's are going after southern Tory voting remainers. It's backwards.

I don't know what Pied Piper Farage and his Brexit Party are going to achieve standing candidates everywhere. I can't see them winning any seats.

I would expect them to take votes off the Tories.