24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

When I said standing on our own feet I wasn't talking armed forces number but us as a country we can stand on our own feet, Be in charge of our own laws and make them. Take charge of our borders, Grow our economy for everyone. 

I would the same now as I did then. 

So why did one sentence follow the other? Either write what you mean or don't be surprised when people put a different and logical interpretation on what you have written.

Basically you're back tracking as do quite a few others sprinkled around this place. Write something and get picked up on it and it's all "what I really meant was." Either post what you mean or stand by what you posted.

It isn't difficult.

Edited by Paul
  • Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jim mk2

• philipl

• den

• 47er

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Simply put, without the NHS: I'd never have been born (I'm an IVF baby). I'd have died in the womb (as did the triplets I was supposed to be part of). I'd have died at some point immedi

I didn't really want to get involved in this thread again, as emotions are very high, but I can't stand by and continue to be abused without putting my side across.  I'll try and quantify my view

The Tories didn't drag us out of the EU to strengthen workers rights for gods sake - What planet are you on ?

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, Paul said:

Stand on our own two feet? British Army regulars total 146,000. I doubt all of those are fighting personnel. At Dunkirk 225,000 were evacuated. 

China - 2,000,000

USA - 1,500,000

Russia - 1,000,000

Of course that forgets one of our lads is worth ten of theirs.

As @gumbootshas already pointed out a very significant number of my generation voted leave. Something I find embarrassing and selfish. With luck many of them will stay in Spain. They're going to find it damned hard to return.

I'm sure I read the other day that the British army is down to 73000. Putin must be quaking in his boots.

Of course I realise that 1 Briton is worth 10 of anyone else's. We did liberate Europe all on our own after all!

Its the elderly in Spain who are in trouble. Unless there is an agreement about Health Services their future is dire.

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

I'm sure I read the other day that the British army is down to 73000. Putin must be quaking in his boots.

Of course I realise that 1 Briton is worth 10 of anyone else's. We did liberate Europe all on our own after all!

Its the elderly in Spain who are in trouble. Unless there is an agreement about Health Services their future is dire.

You may well be right about the size of our armed forces. Whatever the number it is pitifully small compared to the largest. Which is precisely why we need to be part of a unified Europe. Not necessarily an EU army but friends and allies.

10 hours ago, Paul said:

You may well be right about the size of our armed forces. Whatever the number it is pitifully small compared to the largest. Which is precisely why we need to be part of a unified Europe. Not necessarily an EU army but friends and allies.

We are, its called NATO. Which currently has 22 EU Member states in it along with 4 European countries and one Euroasia, and obviously two North American

Edited by perthblue02
On 17/12/2019 at 13:49, chaddyrovers said:

iOf course it can been done by the end 2020. 

I'm fed up with all this talk of we can't do this and that's. Stop talking to the press and get on with the job you are paid to do. 

The EU said the withdrawal agreement couldn't be change and it was in the end. 

I doubt you have any clue whatsoever about what the negotiations involve.

20 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

When I said standing on our own feet I wasn't talking armed forces number but us as a country we can stand on our own feet, Be in charge of our own laws and make them. Take charge of our borders, Grow our economy for everyone. 

Q. What has the EU stopped us doing ?

A. Nothing that matters

Q:  How has being in the EU affected your life for the worse?

A: It hasn't

Q:  How has being in the EU affected your life for the better?

The economy has benefited hugely from being part of a single market of 400m people - making you better off.

Q: How will you benefit from us leaving the EU?

A You won't but there's a likelihood you will be worse off

Don't bother replying. 

Edited by jim mk2
Just now, den said:

Workers rights dropped by Johnson                     .Can't be  true Honest Boris said they won't

Protection for children of refugees dropped.           Can't be  true Torrys are the caring Party

negotiations between government and EU to be secret.    Can't be  true Honest Boris does everything in the open

Hasn't took them long to go back on their word.

1 hour ago, den said:

The elite staying in the EU for the sake of their businesses. Does anything else need to be said?

"..financial adviser to Prince Andrew. Reuters couldn’t determine Abledge Ltd’s line of business or any other information about the firm."

Sex trafficking?

On 20/12/2019 at 10:03, Sparks Rover said:

Hard life isnt it

Older Brits out in Spain are terrified that the mutual agreement regarding health care will collapse. Lots of these people are getting on in years and therefore have multiple complex health issues. There's no way they can afford to pay for medication or treatment for any length of time. They can't come back here and avail themselves of the NHS because house prices have fallen in Spain as radically as they risen in the UK. That's if you can sell your house in Spain at the moment.

According to the latest figures there are 300,000 Brits living in Spain. A lot of them older people who aren't in the full flush of health.

There are 116,0000 Spaniards living in the UK, 50% of them between the ages of 20 to 39. Obviously not many will be coming here to retire.

As you can see we are indebted to the Spanish Health Service so wether they continue with the mutal agreement is anybodies guess.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
6 hours ago, den said:

Workers rights dropped by Johnson.

Protection for children of refugees dropped.

negotiations between government and EU to be secret.

Another promise backtracked on.....

minimum wage will be raised to £10:50 “provided economic conditions allow”.

Edited by den
8 hours ago, den said:

The elite staying in the EU for the sake of their businesses. Does anything else need to be said?

EU Emperor in waiting Guy doing a sales pitch ?  spreading the word that  elite remainers can buy EU citizenships for a price

Edited by perthblue02

So, barely 7 days after the election, that's at least 4 promises the Tories have backtracked on.

The Downtonesque forelock tuggers fell hook, line and sinker for the Old Etonian smooth accent and the landed gentry "charm".

On 20/12/2019 at 08:53, Paul said:

Paul, I think the official establishment for the army is 86000 but the actual complement is down to 73000 because they cannot get the recruits.

The government is blaming the recruiting company to which they contacted out the task!

Tories blaming privatisation!!! You couldn't make it up could you?

56 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

EU Emperor in waiting Guy doing a sales pitch ?  spreading the word that  elite remainers can buy EU citizenships for a price

Ha! Its the EU's fault! Who would have guessed?

It hasn't taken them long to start selling the pictures off the wall has it ?  I see the vacuous Andrea Leadsum has ok'ed the sale of Chobham to the Yanks. I thought that was a world leading, vital, defence resource ? 

There is some good news though - apparently the Tories have taken their ball home regarding BBC Radio 4 and are refusing to appear on the " Today " morning news programme. At least my future early mornings won't be spoiled by the usual Tory shysters lying through their teeth.

21 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It hasn't taken them long to start selling the pictures off the wall has it ?  I see the vacuous Andrea Leadsum has ok'ed the sale of Chobham to the Yanks. I thought that was a world leading, vital, defence resource ? 

There is some good news though - apparently the Tories have taken their ball home regarding BBC Radio 4 and are refusing to appear on the " Today " morning news programme. At least my future early mornings won't be spoiled by the usual Tory shysters lying through their teeth.

Start of things to come Tyrone. Licence fee will be dropped, BBC funding reduced and the path to privatisation.

The Tory right wing is in charge and they will make the most of it

52 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Start of things to come Tyrone. Licence fee will be dropped, BBC funding reduced and the path to privatisation.

The Tory right wing is in charge and they will make the most of it

Yes, well they always over reach themselves and they will do this time.  That's what happen you're out of touch with what's going on in the real world. Poll Tax anyone ? Duck Houses ?