• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jim mk2

• philipl

• den

• 47er

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Simply put, without the NHS: I'd never have been born (I'm an IVF baby). I'd have died in the womb (as did the triplets I was supposed to be part of). I'd have died at some point immedi

I didn't really want to get involved in this thread again, as emotions are very high, but I can't stand by and continue to be abused without putting my side across.  I'll try and quantify my view

And I’m going to have a Spanish beer from a Belgian glass, wearing an Italian band t-shirt ordered from a German website, and listening to some Bulgarian europop. You and the rest can stick Brexi

Posted Images

2 hours ago, philipl said:

Every household in the UK £870 worse off thus far as a result of the Brexit vote:

https://cepr.org/active/publications/discussion_papers/dp.php?dpno=14176

Money money money that's all you think about. Why don't you stop jabbering on talking to yourself, you're a complete mood hoover.  There must be better things to do on Malta than trawling through websites looking for random stuff to support your argument and have a little dig at anyone that doesn't share your views.  Go get some fresh air,  Phil.

58 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Money money money that's all you think about. Why don't you stop jabbering on talking to yourself, you're a complete mood hoover.  There must be better things to do on Malta than trawling through websites looking for random stuff to support your argument and have a little dig at anyone that doesn't share your views.  Go get some fresh air,  Phil.

Understandable response to Brexit making you a lot poorer while the rest of the World laughs at the UK

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

So if it's not about making our poorest better off, and keeping the country on an even keel financially, what's the point of it? We were told there would be more to spend on our public services and wed be able to spend it where we chose. It's all about money. It's all about the fact that Brexit has already cost us more than we gain from remaining in the EU. If you didn't expect to be better off financially from leaving the EU, in what ways did you expect to benefit? Surely the point of all these fantastic trade deals we'll be able to do I financial benefit.  But if we've already lost a fortune they'll have to be blooming whopping trade deals. Money matters to most people, and its Phillip's area of expertise so that's obviously what he's going to concentrate on

3 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

The amount quoted would pay my mortgage, bills and insurances for a month. That's a big loss for those of us on the bottom rung of the ladder.

4 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I quite understand brexiteers ditching the details of brexit because there are no details that actually support it. Soundbites are all they have Sparks including taking back control of our money, our borders etc, etc.

On 23/01/2020 at 19:41, den said:

So, WA passes into law. 

big questions for every brexiteer now including those on here :-   Do you still want frictionless trade with the EU - in which case the U.K. will have to maintain alignment with the EU rules and regulations ( level playing field ), or do you want to move towards the USA - meaning a deregulated  free trade agreement that represents only a tiny fraction of the value of the EU market and the probability of huge job losses in the U.K.? 

you knew what you voted for, so which do you want?

Still no answer - what can be taken from that?

8 hours ago, philipl said:

Every household in the UK £870 worse off thus far as a result of the Brexit vote:

https://cepr.org/active/publications/discussion_papers/dp.php?dpno=14176

what about people who get pay rises in either January or in April at the start of the tax year surely this makes them better off? And people who get the Government increase in wages is more than 1000 pounds over basic 40 hours working work?

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

what about people who get pay rises in either January or in April at the start of the tax year surely this makes them better off? And people who get the Government increase in wages is more than 1000 pounds over basic 40 hours working work?

Yes but they should be MORE better off Chaddy

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well that depends on the latest pay rise Ive just got from work wouldnt it? 

Everyone is 870 quid worse off before any payrise (and not everyone will have got one) as a direct result of Brexit in terms of spending power, so you'd need to be getting at least that a year to break even.  And that 870 quid reduction in spending power is likely to increase as we delve further into the rabbit hole of Brexit.

17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well that depends on the latest pay rise Ive just got from work wouldnt it? 

Was your latest pay rise a specific Brexit Bonus? If not, you where getting it anyway and you’re £870 worse off. 

Migrant salary threshold fall 'would boost public sector' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51278298

Brexiteers belief that the U.K. would see immigration figures falling sharply being shown as “misguided”. The £30000 minimum entry wage is too high according to the migration advisory committee. Obviously we will need to attract immigrant labour post brexit just as much as we do now.

another blow to those brexiteers who have called for an Australian points system. The same committee said calls for points based systems are no more than soundbites*. 

*soundbites - ?.  Sums ‘em up doesn’t it.

14 hours ago, philipl said:

Former Blackburn Rovers Vice President Margaret Thatcher:

image.png.6e0b754cefbb54d9e2afaac7c5c08708.png

I believe we will be the trend setters here, I fully expect further countries to look at withdrawing from this undemocratic club.  Within 10 years there will be at least 5 more left.  Why keep pumping billions of our money  into something that never gets its accounts signed off.?

Not the feeling I've had at all travelling to EU countries in the last year. Done France, Germany, Austria, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Latvia, so a fair number in the last 12 months. Everyone we've spoken to seems perfectly happy to be their own nationality but part of a bigger community too