BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brexit

2 hours ago, den said:

A taste of what UK negotiators face. So much to lose, so little to gain from a market tiny in comparison to the world trading superpower that is the EU. 

You can use whatever metaphor you like but applying basic logic the big bully is more likely to bogwash the individual where a united class of 28 will beat him to a pulp.

• Backroom
31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I aint going to that clown speak. Didn't he compare people who voted for Brexit to Nazi? Shown exactly the type of person he really is

Comparing those voting specifically on a nationalistic and xenophobic basis to Nazis would be quite right.

I don't recall him comparing 'people who voted for Brexit' with Nazis, but certainly anyone who sympathises with Nazi ideology voted for Brexit.

Going down to the town centre this evening around 11pm with a few of my pals.

We finally have a decent council here in Bolton (after 40 years of the loony left destroying our town) and they are reportedly lighting the town hall up Red White and Blue and the town hall clock will be rung, proud to be British, brings a tear to my eye!

I hope you all have a great night wherever you are celebrating ?

Nelson.jpg

wellington.jpg

Edited by Doug

On 29/01/2020 at 11:51, den said:

The will of the people?

C6F9B6C2-7768-48D9-8F28-D0B790A70BDD.jpeg

As your dad and my dad told us as we grew up,'if you don't vote then you've no right to moan'!

18 million not on register.....are they criminals?

12.9 million did not vote......No opinion? not arsed? Obviously no strong opinion either way...possibly content with their lot in life?

Edited by Doug

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, Doug said:

Going down to the town centre this evening around 11pm with a few of my pals.

We finally have a decent council here in Bolton (after 40 years of the loony left destroying our town) and they are reportedly lighting the town hall up Red White and Blue and the town hall clock will be rung, proud to be British, brings a tear to my eye!

I hope you all have a great night wherever you are celebrating ?

Nelson.jpg

wellington.jpg

Ask your mates why their accents sound like they’re from East Lancs, but have suffered some head trauma, would you?

6 minutes ago, Doug said:

Not sure I'm reading your comment correctly, are you really having a dig at the Bolton accent? 

Make it 2 questions:

How has the UK being a member of the EU adversely affected your life? 

Why do you think your life will be better by us leaving the EU?

Just now, K-Hod said:

That’s the one! Was only being jovial, it’s Friday after all!

No problem K-Hod, I thought as much as yer usually quite a jovial chap.

Peter Kay and Sara Cox seem to tick a lot of boxes by the way ?

Isn’t leaving the EU more to do with being part of the European Union as a rancorous institution rather than the countries and peoples of Europe.

The EU isn’t about collaboration as was the mission when the EEC was conceived. The EU is about integration and destruction of the nation state. They’re not even shy about their ambitions of creating a federal Europe. 

WE joined a common market ended up in a political union with their own flag, their own president and soon to be own army. A dangerous mob. They have little to no respect for nations. In 2005 the french and Dutch people rejected establishing a constitution for the EU. They stealthed that on them through the back door in the Lisbon treaty. In 2008 the Irish people had their say on the Lisbon treaty but the EU bullied them into another vote the following year. A European Commission, European courts they crave power without any of them accountable to voters across the continent.

So for me personally for all I like European counties and their people I don’t like them enough to want the UK to be part of the ongoing Europe project. No more than I’d want to  enter into a trade deal with the USA which requires us to be their 51st state. 

I think we will look back one day and realise this was a great decision made for many of the wrong reasons. But for the meantime the moaning is just hilarious keep it up. ? 

Anyway HAPPY BREXIT DAY.

We’re doomed. Doomed. Doomed

In general terms what's the point of using portraits always talking of the past? Nelson, Wellington, Churchill have long gone as has the British empire. It's very backward looking and negative to paint a picture of how things were 'better in the old days' without acknowledging the rampant disease, poverty and abuse that millions had to endure. It's a sign that a country has no ideas about how to better itself and have aspirations for the future.

It is a strange juxtaposition leave voters have when they talk about the country being this potentially great new international trading nation, able to get great deals with everyone in record time, yet constantly harp on about how the country is rubbish, young people are a waste of space and things were better in an era when the politicians were all Lords or owned 700 workhouses.

3 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Isn’t leaving the EU more to do with being part of the European Union as a rancorous institution rather than the countries and peoples of Europe.

The EU isn’t about collaboration as was the mission when the EEC was conceived. The EU is about integration and destruction of the nation state. They’re not even shy about their ambitions of creating a federal Europe. 

WE joined a common market ended up in a political union with their own flag, their own president and soon to be own army. A dangerous mob. They have little to no respect for nations. In 2005 the french and Dutch people rejected establishing a constitution for the EU. They stealthed that on them through the back door in the Lisbon treaty. In 2008 the Irish people had their say on the Lisbon treaty but the EU bullied them into another vote the following year. A European Commission, European courts they crave power without any of them accountable to voters across the continent.

So for me personally for all I like European counties and their people I don’t like them enough to want the UK to be part of the ongoing Europe project. No more than I’d want to  enter into a trade deal with the USA which requires us to be their 51st state. 

I think we will look back one day and realise this was a great decision made for many of the wrong reasons. But for the meantime the moaning is just hilarious keep it up. ? 

Anyway HAPPY BREXIT DAY.

We’re doomed. Doomed. Doomed

I think it was conceived as an eventual federal state when Monnet, Schuman and Adenauer helped to form the European Coal and Steel Community. Tying the economic interests of Germany and France together to stop them having another war was the starting point.

As I've said many times before, I'm not a big fan of the EU, but I am less of a fan of a Tory government with a free hand to shape the country. Especially since they are the most bungling, arrogant and stupid bunch of Tory MPs in living history. To leave with no clue about what should happen after the vote, and then spend the next 3 or 4 years messing about and desperately trying to fumble a plan has been worse than just staying in. 

9 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

"Is that one of ours?" ask the Brexit pensioners as an aircraft flies overhead while Vera Lynn plays on the gramophone in the background. 

The old boys love the days of empire. It reminds them of when they were a lad.

Meanwhile the young and intelligent make preparations to depart for more progressive countries on the European mainland 

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

less 8 and half hours to go till we leave

and tomorrow we abide by all EU laws and regulations with no input to them at all. Tomorrow we have no influence with any other country. 

so brexiteers, what happens now?

Edited by den