NHS open to US insurance companies and drugs groups; car and aero industries in chaos as supply chains to EU are severaly disrupted; Nissan considers pulling out of Sunderland.

All made better by with a big helping of chlorinated chicken.

What not to like? 

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jim mk2

• philipl

• den

• 47er

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Simply put, without the NHS: I'd never have been born (I'm an IVF baby). I'd have died in the womb (as did the triplets I was supposed to be part of). I'd have died at some point immedi

I didn't really want to get involved in this thread again, as emotions are very high, but I can't stand by and continue to be abused without putting my side across.  I'll try and quantify my view

And I’m going to have a Spanish beer from a Belgian glass, wearing an Italian band t-shirt ordered from a German website, and listening to some Bulgarian europop. You and the rest can stick Brexi

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Big shiny trade deal with the USA by this time next year, and the EU, and Japan........................

That's the dream, but what would we have to give up to get them?

The USA are managing quite nicely without any new trade deal, they could quite easily ignore us if they liked. On the other hand we desperately need a trade deal with them because of the Tories hardest of brexits. 

No guesses who’s in control of these negotiations then. 

On 27/03/2019 at 20:24, jim mk2 said:

If UK agriculture is to survive, post Brexit, it can only do so by being seen to make the best, highest quality product, not by lowering standards.  

"Vote Leave, eat chlorinated chicken."

That sure as hell wasn't on the side of Boris Johnson's bus.

27 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

NHS open to US insurance companies and drugs groups; car and aero industries in chaos as supply chains to EU are severaly disrupted; Nissan considers pulling out of Sunderland.

All made better by with a big helping of chlorinated chicken.

What not to like? 

Good grief Jim, you've been trotting the same lines out for 10 months now. 

And, ironically, right after you've spent weeks accusing Brexiteers of "soundbites".

Seriously, tonight of all nights feels like a good one to change the record. 

Maybe stick a nice bit of soothing jazz or swing on the gramaphone. ?

It's been fun doing battle with you sir. You're a challenging adversary. 

We may have won the battle, but not sure we've won the war. 

Till the next time, adios, au revoir, auf widersehen and good night.....

5 hours ago, Doug said:

As your dad and my dad told us as we grew up,'if you don't vote then you've no right to moan'!

18 million not on register.....are they criminals?

12.9 million did not vote......No opinion? not arsed? Obviously no strong opinion either way...possibly content with their lot in life?

Implies they'd have remained ;)

Bright side:

No more excuses. Anything that goes wrong in the UK is now the fault of our Government and poor policy. It always was anyway, but now there's no EU myths to cling to.

54 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Bright side:

No more excuses. Anything that goes wrong in the UK is now the fault of our Government and poor policy. It always was anyway, but now there's no EU myths to cling to.

I think you're right, the recent culling in the HOC was a kick up the arse for a lot of the Westminsters.  They understand that the electorate will wield the axe and no votes are safe anymore.  Game on.

8 hours ago, Mike E said:

Bright side:

Good point. We had 4 tiers of government: local, county, national and European. Too many. Now we have 3.

22 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Good point. We had 4 tiers of government: local, county, national and European. Too many. Now we have 3.

That was the one argument for Brexit that I always understood. Even after I flipped back to being pro-Remain, I still feel that the EU level of governance could be streamlined somewhat.

I think we could streamline County-level governance to an extent too, giving local voices a direct voice to the Government. But then I guess that's the job of an MP.

On 31/01/2020 at 22:27, Dreyski said:

And I’m going to have a Spanish beer from a Belgian glass, wearing an Italian band t-shirt ordered from a German website, and listening to some Bulgarian europop.

You and the rest can stick Brexit up your arse. I’m European.

Good for you pal. 

I'm British. Euro isn't a country. 

13 hours ago, philipl said:

YZJeUxxP_bigger.jpg
Scotland will return to the heart of Europe as an independent country - #LeaveALightOnForScotland

???????

Another deluded person..She had her independence vote and she loss. Wish she shut the hall up. 

Didn’t watch any of the brexit shenanigans on Friday, but blimey I’ve seen many interview clips with brexiteers all over Twitter.

theres really only one word for most of them.... thick. Thick as two short planks. 

I am hard at work here in the office. Looks like we are going through the £1m mark for new invoiced business moving people and businesses out of the UK since the General Election result. Sales prospects list is huge.

Hate Brexit with a passion but it does have a silver lining.

7 hours ago, den said:

Didn’t watch any of the brexit shenanigans on Friday, but blimey I’ve seen many interview clips with brexiteers all over Twitter.

theres really only one word for most of them.... thick. Thick as two short planks. 

I noted that when interviewed, no Brexiteer could articulate how they were now better off.

The word 'sovereignty" came up a lot and "we don't want Brussels telling us what we can and can't do".

A fundamental disjoint there in that that "Brussels" is the merely the seat of EU government and its officials, which of course included Britons, simply apply the rules and regs all the member states have agreed to. For example we have been ticked off repeatedly for breaking EU Rules on air pollution which we signed up to! Don't people want to breathe better quality air do we? In any case we never took any notice! And I don't expect we will bother about it now. Exercising our sovereignty I suppose. 

But the general point remains----if there was anything we hadn't agreed to, we could have applied the veto which all member states possess.

I think the failure of government to explain this is at the root of the discontent. Easier to just blame "Brussels" for anything that goes wrong.

Incidentally, did people notice that car production in UK went down 14.5% in 2019? This was one of our export success stories!

Thrown away I fear.

You do have to wonder how they select those they interview though. I do know some articulate and otherwise sensible Brexiteers. I think they're probably not the kind of people out on the street giving it large. I dont think all those who voted for Brexit are thick, but it would appear that those prepared to talk to the media about it are. Meanwhile I simply dont watch the part of the news where I might see Johnson or anyone else in the cabinet. Almost caught Farage on last nights BBC news. Had to hum very loudly until I could turn the disgrace off. 

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Into Day 2 of leaving the EU. Now, let's get trade deal agreed with EU done and dusted. 

Talks unlikely to start until March. Which, given that we've painted ourselves into a No Deal corner of having to agree a deal by the end of this year, isn't the best move. We're completely screwed, as philip says. And for the first time, I'm thinking of moving to the continent.

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good for you pal. 

I'm British. Euro isn't a country. 

Another deluded person..She had her independence vote and she loss. Wish she shut the hall up. 

Oh dear, living in denial, are we? It's an inconvenient truth that Brexit balkanized the UK (look it up). I was in Scotland last year, travel's good for you - it broadens the mind. The independence movement up there is sizeable, vocal, and isn't going away any time soon.

Brexit bulldust fantasyland promises are about to collide with harsh reality, and the uK is going to be the loser. A lot of the promises have alreadyt been broken (eg Gove: "6) 'The day after we vote to leave, we hold all the cards and we can choose the path we want.") but some people just don't want to hear it.