7 hours ago, 47er said:

Irish Election---the start of the break-up of the United Kingdom. Only Little England left in a couple of decades-----Wales, Scotland All-Ireland in the EU.

If Sinn Fein (basically the IRA for argument's sake) 'win' I wonder if Boris is going to 'talk to the terrorists' and if the Tory Press are going to report it with the same vigour.

We know he's got previous for cosying up to funders of 'the right kind of terrorism' (i.e. - those that blow children up at pop concerts and mow people down on the Capital's bridges etc.)

•  

TerroristTurk.jpg

Edited by Husky
  • Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jim mk2

• philipl

• den

• 47er

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Simply put, without the NHS: I'd never have been born (I'm an IVF baby). I'd have died in the womb (as did the triplets I was supposed to be part of). I'd have died at some point immedi

And I’m going to have a Spanish beer from a Belgian glass, wearing an Italian band t-shirt ordered from a German website, and listening to some Bulgarian europop. You and the rest can stick Brexi

The Tories didn't drag us out of the EU to strengthen workers rights for gods sake - What planet are you on ?

Posted Images

It is outrageous that Michael Gove has now joined the traitors peddling project fear.

It's a matter of fact and public record that we will enjoy the "exact same benefits" outside the EU as we did within it thanks to David Davis, one of intellectual giants of Brexit.

https://www.ft.com/content/37379a1e-4c28-11ea-95a0-43d18ec715f5

24 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

It is outrageous that Michael Gove has now joined the traitors peddling project fear.

It's a matter of fact and public record that we will enjoy the "exact same benefits" outside the EU as we did within it thanks to David Davis, one of intellectual giants of Brexit.

https://www.ft.com/content/37379a1e-4c28-11ea-95a0-43d18ec715f5

Can’t read that Jim, but assume it’s the same as this report in the guardian..

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/10/checks-on-eu-bound-goods-inevitable-gove-tells-business-leaders

Just more proof of how brexiteers were lied to and how susceptible to those lies they were. 

Yes, same story.

Sunny uplands. Eat and have cake. They need us more than we need them. The Commonwealth will make up for losses in Europe. £350m per week extra to the NHS. Special Relationship.

Brexit is going to be great !!

Confidently predict there will be little or no volume UK car manufacturing within 5 years if the hardline Brexiteers get their way.

Airbus to follow out of the UK. The Germans have coveted Broughton's wing making factory for years. 

so we are going to have friction, delays and disruption at U.K. ports until at least 2025 which will cause massive problems and extra costs - all completely contrary to what government and brexiteers promised us. Tell me again why I should believe a word either of them say?

On the other hand, Boris is thinking of having another go at building a bridge. 

Honestly.

Edited by den
18 minutes ago, den said:

so we are going to have friction, delays and disruption at U.K. ports until at least 2025 which will cause massive problems and extra costs - all completely contrary to what government and brexiteers promised us. Tell me again why I should believe a word either of them say?

On the other hand, Boris is thinking of having another go at building a bridge. 

Honestly.

Distraction Den.

Nobody seems to be arguing that "the EU needs us more than we need them" anymore do they?

14 hours ago, 47er said:

Distraction Den.

Nobody seems to be arguing that "the EU needs us more than we need them" anymore do they?

They aren’t arguing anything any more. 

would love to know what they think about the barriers being put up between the U.K. and the worlds biggest free trading single market after telling us for three and a half years that there wouldn’t be any. 

Benefits anyone?

They aren't arguing because they think they have "won" and the detail doesn't matter.

Detail like this...a stagnant economy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51459257

This is the Brexit dividend. Out of the EU28 guess who had the -
6th lowest growth in 2016
4th lowest growth in 2017
2nd lowest growth in 2018

Any offers for 2019 ? Lower growth than Spain, just let the other numbers come in - we must have beaten someone?

8 hours ago, den said:

Government confirms plans to introduce import controls

Today, the government has confirmed plans to introduce import controls on EU goods at the border after the transition period ends on 31 December 2020.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-confirms-plans-to-introduce-import-controls

Its stunning! The whole basis of the Leave campaign was that we would leave the EU and retain the benefits.

No mention of these plans during the election, on the contrary they denied there would be any impediments to seamless trade.

What a pack of liars. All coming home to roost now.

The recent deportation bothers me. It's like we haven't thought about the aftermath.

What of the already-pressured social care system, which has to help the British families left behind?

What of the British children who permanently lose their parent?

Dare we risk a generation of British children growing up hating Britain?

7 hours ago, Mike E said:

The recent deportation bothers me. It's like we haven't thought about the aftermath.

What of the already-pressured social care system, which has to help the British families left behind?

What of the British children who permanently lose their parent?

Dare we risk a generation of British children growing up hating Britain?

I wouldn't worry about that. It's happened. Take a look at any social media groups linked to youth / street culture and you'll see an absolute lack of respect for the police and the country.

Whether it's roadmen shouting 'fuck you pigs' to police or rich kids with a love of ket marching the streets for social justice, it's a spread across all ethnicity and all social classes. There's a disdain for Britain, it's just everyone has different reasons for their hatred.

On 11/02/2020 at 12:40, jim mk2 said:

They aren't arguing because they think they have "won" and the detail doesn't matter.

Detail like this...a stagnant economy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51459257

This is the Brexit dividend. Out of the EU28 guess who had the -
6th lowest growth in 2016
4th lowest growth in 2017
2nd lowest growth in 2018

Any offers for 2019 ? Lower growth than Spain, just let the other numbers come in - we must have beaten someone?

Time to move to Benidorm?

3 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I wouldn't worry about that. It's happened. Take a look at any social media groups linked to youth / street culture and you'll see an absolute lack of respect for the police and the country.

Whether it's roadmen shouting 'fuck you pigs' to police or rich kids with a love of ket marching the streets for social justice, it's a spread across all ethnicity and all social classes. There's a disdain for Britain, it's just everyone has different reasons for their hatred.

And it's largely come from a campaign of austerity, insidiously targeting every minority group.

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

True

This right wing white extremist hated his MP so much he killed her.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/nov/23/thomas-mair-found-guilty-of-jo-cox-murder

All sides, no doubt. I probably should have made clearer I was getting at the fact that those from all walks of life, however varied, each find a reason to hate the way Britain is right now. 

18 minutes ago, Mike E said:

And it's largely come from a campaign of austerity, insidiously targeting every minority group.

For a lot of people yes. For others climate, for others race. Frankly not a lot of people are happy from the younger generation especially. 

3 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

All sides, no doubt. I probably should have made clearer I was getting at the fact that those from all walks of life, however varied, each find a reason to hate the way Britain is right now. 

For a lot of people yes. For others climate, for others race. Frankly not a lot of people are happy from the younger generation especially. 

Nope, a lot feeling hard done by,  particularly when the generation before them (with all the benefits of decent government through the 80s and 90s) keeps telling them how shit they are for not owning a house by age 25 when they're as expensive as they've ever been.

We have a generation who is simply lost. The sheer number of people roughly my age (28) having the equivalent of a midlife crisis is astounding me, with everybody comparing their worst days to the facades presented on Instagram and Facebook. No wonder there's a mental health crisis, not helped by the government's repeated restrictions on social care and health.

There's a LOT going wrong, and I expect there to be riots similar to 2011 (only wider spread) if Brexit really does 'hit the fan'.

The Shemima Begum case led to this. Now they can render any 'undesirable' stateless if they want.

Britain sucks at the moment. Everything we loved about being British in 2012 has virtually vanished:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/british-man-blocked-uk-home-office-passport-brussels-a9332311.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1581532619

8 hours ago, Mike E said:

Nope, a lot feeling hard done by,  particularly when the generation before them (with all the benefits of decent government through the 80s and 90s) keeps telling them how shit they are for not owning a house by age 25 when they're as expensive as they've ever been.

We have a generation who is simply lost. The sheer number of people roughly my age (28) having the equivalent of a midlife crisis is astounding me, with everybody comparing their worst days to the facades presented on Instagram and Facebook. No wonder there's a mental health crisis, not helped by the government's repeated restrictions on social care and health.

There's a LOT going wrong, and I expect there to be riots similar to 2011 (only wider spread) if Brexit really does 'hit the fan'.

Pathetic defeatism.

9 hours ago, Mike E said:

The most gilded and lucky and selfish generation in history -  Baby Boomers rule the world ! I do feel sorry for young people and the rubbish they have had to put up with.

Brexit especially. 

11 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Pathetic defeatism.

Nope. It's one of the reasons we've landed in the total mess Brexit is going to bring to this country.