Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well you will have to look at the detail in the trade bill instead of listening to Labour Party scaremongering again. 

my local MP Sara Britcliffe have said this tonight about the Trade Bill

❌ The NHS is NOT for sale ❌
It doesn't matter how many times Labour play politics with the NHS: It still isn’t on the table in trade deals
? It wasn’t yesterday, it isn’t today, it won’t be next year
? The price the NHS pays for drugs isn't on the table
?The services the NHS provides are not on the table
Yesterday's stunt from Labour was a distasteful exercise in parliamentary showboating
The amendment was not designed to help the NHS.
? Text from the actual Trade Bill itself says:
''Regulations under subsection (1) may make provision for the purpose of implementing a free trade agreement only if the other signatory (or each other signatory) and the European Union were signatories to a free trade agreement immediately before exit day.''
?? So the Bill only rolls over pre-existing trade agreements that we already have via the EU - nothing to do with the US
Labour's game playing was intended to generate misleading headlines & obscure the real truth about how protecting the NHS is at the heart of our negotiations:
Our detailed negotiating objectives for new trade deals include:
✅ Protecting the right to regulate public services, including the NHS
✅ Maintaining the right to regulate investment in the national interest and continue to protect the NHS
✅ Ensuring patent provisions do not lead to increased medicines prices for the NHS
✅ Making sure that Gov Procurement maintains existing protections for NHS health services
So no, the NHS is not for sale.
And no, yesterday's Trade Bill did not have anything to do with the NHS - apart from Labour's scaremongering.
Again.
The SoS even clarified this today!
Clarification on what is going on. I would politely ask the opposition to stop scaremongering. It isn’t fair or right.

So why did the Tories vote against it being made illegally impossible to be sold off? It would have been so easy. You didn’t answer Chaddy.

Edited by den
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • jim mk2

    1677

  • philipl

    1677

  • den

    1284

  • 47er

    1120

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Simply put, without the NHS: I'd never have been born (I'm an IVF baby). I'd have died in the womb (as did the triplets I was supposed to be part of). I'd have died at some point immedi

And I’m going to have a Spanish beer from a Belgian glass, wearing an Italian band t-shirt ordered from a German website, and listening to some Bulgarian europop. You and the rest can stick Brexi

The Tories didn't drag us out of the EU to strengthen workers rights for gods sake - What planet are you on ?

Posted Images

  • Moderation Lead
9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well you will have to look at the detail in the trade bill instead of listening to Labour Party scaremongering again. 

my local MP Sara Britcliffe have said this tonight about the Trade Bill

❌ The NHS is NOT for sale ❌
It doesn't matter how many times Labour play politics with the NHS: It still isn’t on the table in trade deals
? It wasn’t yesterday, it isn’t today, it won’t be next year
? The price the NHS pays for drugs isn't on the table
?The services the NHS provides are not on the table
Yesterday's stunt from Labour was a distasteful exercise in parliamentary showboating
The amendment was not designed to help the NHS.
? Text from the actual Trade Bill itself says:
''Regulations under subsection (1) may make provision for the purpose of implementing a free trade agreement only if the other signatory (or each other signatory) and the European Union were signatories to a free trade agreement immediately before exit day.''
?? So the Bill only rolls over pre-existing trade agreements that we already have via the EU - nothing to do with the US
Labour's game playing was intended to generate misleading headlines & obscure the real truth about how protecting the NHS is at the heart of our negotiations:
Our detailed negotiating objectives for new trade deals include:
✅ Protecting the right to regulate public services, including the NHS
✅ Maintaining the right to regulate investment in the national interest and continue to protect the NHS
✅ Ensuring patent provisions do not lead to increased medicines prices for the NHS
✅ Making sure that Gov Procurement maintains existing protections for NHS health services
So no, the NHS is not for sale.
And no, yesterday's Trade Bill did not have anything to do with the NHS - apart from Labour's scaremongering.
Again.
The SoS even clarified this today!
Clarification on what is going on. I would politely ask the opposition to stop scaremongering. It isn’t fair or right.

She WOULD say that, wouldn’t she?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Gav said:

The Tories know it would be political suicide to sell the NHS to US, or anyone for that matter, it simply will not happen

It certainly won't happen in a sort of one-off bumper sale, it'll happen by stealth. In fact it already is happening.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well you will have to look at the detail in the trade bill instead of listening to Labour Party scaremongering again. 

my local MP Sara Britcliffe have said this tonight about the Trade Bill

❌ The NHS is NOT for sale ❌
It doesn't matter how many times Labour play politics with the NHS: It still isn’t on the table in trade deals
? It wasn’t yesterday, it isn’t today, it won’t be next year
? The price the NHS pays for drugs isn't on the table
?The services the NHS provides are not on the table
Yesterday's stunt from Labour was a distasteful exercise in parliamentary showboating
The amendment was not designed to help the NHS.
? Text from the actual Trade Bill itself says:
''Regulations under subsection (1) may make provision for the purpose of implementing a free trade agreement only if the other signatory (or each other signatory) and the European Union were signatories to a free trade agreement immediately before exit day.''
?? So the Bill only rolls over pre-existing trade agreements that we already have via the EU - nothing to do with the US
Labour's game playing was intended to generate misleading headlines & obscure the real truth about how protecting the NHS is at the heart of our negotiations:
Our detailed negotiating objectives for new trade deals include:
✅ Protecting the right to regulate public services, including the NHS
✅ Maintaining the right to regulate investment in the national interest and continue to protect the NHS
✅ Ensuring patent provisions do not lead to increased medicines prices for the NHS
✅ Making sure that Gov Procurement maintains existing protections for NHS health services
So no, the NHS is not for sale.
And no, yesterday's Trade Bill did not have anything to do with the NHS - apart from Labour's scaremongering.
Again.
The SoS even clarified this today!
Clarification on what is going on. I would politely ask the opposition to stop scaremongering. It isn’t fair or right.

Have to laugh at the little girl comment - it's not fair!  What? It's not fair to challenge what the government is doing and seek to get laws passed to stop them doing it if we think it's wrong? But then isnt no deal Brexit meant yo be illegal too and we're  heading for that

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 47er said:

It certainly won't happen in a sort of one-off bumper sale, it'll happen by stealth. In fact it already is happening.

Exactly. Contract by contract it will be opened up to American companies. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also on the EU and Euro - the creation of the Euro was a huge mistake. A sovereign currency requires a sovereign country to manage that currency and take the required fiscal action to manage the economy, but the EU isn't that at all. It's a labyrinthine arrangement of national governments and federal institutions. And many of it's member states don't even use the euro.  It's a total mess waiting for a melt down as ultimately the EU and it's eurozone members are both operating with an arm tied behind their back. 

My personal view is the EU will persist, but it either needs to 

1) Drop the euro and focus on being a free trade area and regulator

2) Keep the euro, force all members to use it, and commit to becoming a proper federal superstate with ultimate decision making power.

I can't see 2) being a option as individual governments and citizens don't have the appetite to be federalized in that way. So after a few more member state debt crisis like Greece and Italy I think the Euro will be dissolved.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 47er said:

It certainly won't happen in a sort of one-off bumper sale, it'll happen by stealth. In fact it already is happening.

Couldn't agree more, this is how they'd do it, but they won't in my opinion, its political suicide. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, den said:

So why did the Tories vote against it being made illegally impossible to be sold off? It would have been so easy. You didn’t answer Chaddy.

Well the post above told you your answer. That Trade Bill is about allowing us to keep the agreements already in place with the 20 countries by rolling them over from the the EU. it's allow British Businesses access to 1.3 trillion pounds of contracts from overseas and its protect British businesses from unfair trade practices. The trade bill isn't about new free trade agreements with other countries. 

The Conservative party has always said the NHS will not be part of trade agreement with the USA. 

 

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

Have to laugh at the little girl comment - it's not fair!  What? It's not fair to challenge what the government is doing and seek to get laws passed to stop them doing it if we think it's wrong? But then isnt no deal Brexit meant yo be illegal too and we're  heading for that

No it is fair when the Labour Party and Green Party MP Lucas keep saying the NHS will be sold off which isn't true and in fact a damn lie just like when Corbyn in the last election used documents that weren't accurate to say the NHS would be sold off. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well the post above told you your answer. That Trade Bill is about allowing us to keep the agreements already in place with the 20 countries by rolling them over from the the EU. it's allow British Businesses access to 1.3 trillion pounds of contracts from overseas and its protect British businesses from unfair trade practices. The trade bill isn't about new free trade agreements with other countries. 

The Conservative party has always said the NHS will not be part of trade agreement with the USA. 

 

It was an amendment to the bill. The bill wouldn’t have changed. Why did the Tories not want an amendment adding to it, that allowed us to roll over existing trade agreements while also committing to keeping the NHS out of foreign hands?

The answer is obvious.

Did you watch that David Lammy video?

Edited by den
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well the post above told you your answer. That Trade Bill is about allowing us to keep the agreements already in place with the 20 countries by rolling them over from the the EU. it's allow British Businesses access to 1.3 trillion pounds of contracts from overseas and its protect British businesses from unfair trade practices. The trade bill isn't about new free trade agreements with other countries. 

The Conservative party has always said the NHS will not be part of trade agreement with the USA. 

 

No it is fair when the Labour Party and Green Party MP Lucas keep saying the NHS will be sold off which isn't true and in fact a damn lie just like when Corbyn in the last election used documents that weren't accurate to say the NHS would be sold off. 

 

This government comprises the biggest liars we have ever seen in Britain. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The Conservative party has always said the NHS will not be part of trade agreement with the USA. 

And you believe every word they say

Have you read the Russia Report - another catalogue of Tory lies and corruption?

Didn't think so. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, den said:

It was an amendment to the bill. The bill wouldn’t have changed. Why did the Tories not want an amendment adding to it, that allowed us to roll over existing trade agreements while also committing to keeping the NHS out of foreign hands?

The answer is obvious.

Did you watch that David Lammy video?

The trade bill is about existing trade bills but not new trade deals which I have already told you. 

The conservatives party has told the UK public that the NHS is not for sale. HOW MANY MORE TIMES? 

It's abit rich you complaining about the NHS being privatised when it was the Labour Party leaders who was so keen bringing them in

No I didn't watch the Lammy Video.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The Conservative party has always said the NHS will not be part of trade agreement with the USA. 

They promised they wouldn't sell:

Jaguar

Cable and Wireless

British Telecom

British Gas

BritOil

British Aerospace

British Petroleum

Rolls Royce

British Steel

British Airways

Powergen

National Power

British Rail

Tote

Royal Mail

I'll give you one guess what happened to these companies within months of the promise not to sell. If someone punches you 15 times, but promises not to hit you again, would you trust them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mike E said:

I'll give you one guess what happened to these companies within months of the promise not to sell. If someone punches you 15 times, but promises not to hit you again, would you trust them?

is any of those the NHS or providing services to people health? NO they aren't. 

Those companies should be in private sector and not owned by the taxpayer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, 47er said:

This government comprises the biggest liars we have ever seen in Britain. 

Lord Hutton sadly passed away this week which has brought back the Dr David Kelly suicide/murder and the Iraq sexed up documents, reasons for war.

Whilst I take your point on the current government, they've some way to go to get near Blairs lot in the liar stakes, possibly the biggest scandal in government ever?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The trade bill is about existing trade bills but not new trade deals which I have already told you. 

The conservatives party has told the UK public that the NHS is not for sale. HOW MANY MORE TIMES? 

It's abit rich you complaining about the NHS being privatised when it was the Labour Party leaders who was so keen bringing them in

No I didn't watch the Lammy Video.  

You can say it until you are blue in the face but those who look at the liars in government know they cannot be trusted to do something theyve told you just 24 hours before they will do. They are not trustworthy. Lying is their default position. The problem is that too many people have not yet learnt this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

 

It's abit rich you complaining about the NHS being privatised when it was the Labour Party leaders who was so keen bringing them in

This is where I dont think you quite get the difference between politics and supporting a football team. Just because he supports labour (I assume) doesnt mean he supports absolutely everything that they do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gumboots said:

You can say it until you are blue in the face but those who look at the liars in government know they cannot be trusted to do something theyve told you just 24 hours before they will do. They are not trustworthy. Lying is their default position. The problem is that too many people have not yet learnt this. 

And Blair and Brown didn't lie during their time in Parliament? Forgot the Iraq war? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RoverDom said:

This is where I dont think you quite get the difference between politics and supporting a football team. Just because he supports labour (I assume) doesnt mean he supports absolutely everything that they do. 

No I fully get it but was Den and others complaining and moaning about Labour privatisation of the NHS then in 2000's 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

 

Those companies should be in private sector and not owned by the taxpayer. 

All of them? 

I'd actually agree with a large number on the list but I don't think they all should be  private as you're handing a monopoly to the private sector and UK civil service hasnt for a long time had the commercial nouse to manage such arrangements. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

is any of those the NHS or providing services to people health? NO they aren't. 

Those companies should be in private sector and not owned by the taxpayer. 

As ever, you've moved the goalposts. I'm not asking why the NHS's service is different. I'm asking why you believe the Conservative promise not to sell it when their record on that promise is 15/15 failed.

No doubt if the NHS were made private, you'd believe it 'should be' private too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.