9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So none of pro EU posters on here have any problems with EU breaking International Law when its suits them? 

But have a problem with the UK bringing in the Internal Market Bill is wrong cos some lawyers it does break international law but the UK attorney general says it doesnt. 

You’re making things up now Chaddy.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• philipl

• jim mk2

• den

• 47er

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Simply put, without the NHS: I'd never have been born (I'm an IVF baby). I'd have died in the womb (as did the triplets I was supposed to be part of). I'd have died at some point immedi

I didn't really want to get involved in this thread again, as emotions are very high, but I can't stand by and continue to be abused without putting my side across.  I'll try and quantify my view

And I’m going to have a Spanish beer from a Belgian glass, wearing an Italian band t-shirt ordered from a German website, and listening to some Bulgarian europop. You and the rest can stick Brexi

Posted Images

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

So none of pro EU posters on here have any problems with EU breaking International Law when its suits them? 

But have a problem with the UK bringing in the Internal Market Bill is wrong cos some lawyers it does break international law but the UK attorney general says it doesnt. 

Pure whatabbouttery.

The point is, the UK's internal markets bill violates the EU withdrawal agreement and therefore potentially the Northern Ireland GFA.

It makes the government look shoddy and untrustworthy (which it is)

It also shows that the UK is not a functioning democracy, in that a government with a large majority can do anything it likes, including knowingly breaking international law,  without any checks and balances whatsoever.

Some Brexit numbers:

Cost - 47 years of membership so far.

Risk - our national prosperity for fishing which is under 0.3% of GDP.

Customs officers needed - 50,000

New forms to be filled in per year - 215M

Lorry park site flooded - 1

Systems ready - 0

Working days left - 34

100% INSANITY.

23 minutes ago, den said:

You’re making things up now Chaddy.

What is made up then Den? 

The EU doesnt break international law when it wants to? Ignores the UN charter when it wants? France and Germany didnt break treaty commitments in terms of deficits and debt levels? 

Your beloved EU breaks the rules when it wants to but you wont and will never condemn the EU. 

Quicker we are out of the EU the better for the UK. We are 6th biggest economy in the world. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
7 minutes ago, philipl said:

Some Brexit numbers:

Cost - 47 years of membership so far.

Risk - our national prosperity for fishing which is under 0.3% of GDP.

Customs officers needed - 50,000

New forms to be filled in per year - 215M

Lorry park site flooded - 1

Systems ready - 0

Working days left - 34

100% INSANITY.

Here some numbers. 

6th biggest economy in the world. 

17.4 million voted to the leave the EU and got a majority out of people who did go and voted in the UK. 

Can people not work weekends in the EU like normal British working people? 

The EU needs access to our UK waters. The EU fishing industry caught 35% of the fishing quotes in the UK waters. 

Chaddy, why do you think that just because someone else breaks the law that it's okay for us to break the law?

I can think of a certain Austrian leader who began his leadership on that very premise.

Surely you believe we should be morally better than that, particularly having voted for 'the party of law and order'?

10 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Chaddy, why do you think that just because someone else breaks the law that it's okay for us to break the law?

I can think of a certain Austrian leader who began his leadership on that very premise.

Surely you believe we should be morally better than that, particularly having voted for 'the party of law and order'?

We havent broke the law tho Mike yet as the Internal Market Bill isn't law yet. 

We are protecting the UK internal market and Northern Ireland..

Mike E, didnt you vote to leave and if so what's was your reasons? 

Edited by chaddyrovers
28 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I think this is why I flag up Chaddys posts. This is my fear too with Chaddys blind unquestioning loyalty to the Tory party. It allows for the situation you mention to reoccur. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We havent broke the law tho Mike yet as the Internal Market Bill isn't law yet. 

We are protecting the UK internal market and Northern Ireland..

Mike E, didnt you vote to leave and if so what's was your reasons? 

Probably not so we could potentially intend to break international law.

Edited by Traviscon
1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

I think this is why I flag up Chaddys posts. This is my fear too with Chaddys blind unquestioning loyalty to the Tory party. It allows for the situation you mention to reoccur. 

Chill out Blue Blood. 

The Tories are a far cry away from the Nazi party despite the best efforts of some to compare the two. 

We have the same with Labour posters and, whilst I enjoy your posts a lot, I have yet to see you take them same people to task in the way you take Chaddy. I think before we start hammering the “this paves the way to fascism” drum it is important to show both sides the same treatment. 

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Chill out Blue Blood. 

The Tories are a far cry away from the Nazi party despite the best efforts of some to compare the two. 

We have the same with Labour posters and, whilst I enjoy your posts a lot, I have yet to see you take them same people to task in the way you take Chaddy. I think before we start hammering the “this paves the way to fascism” drum it is important to show both sides the same treatment. 

Appreciate the reply. 

I think whilst there is some way to go before the two are synonymous, as I have posted before I think there are many signs that we are heading down the route of a totalitarian regime. From poroguing parliament to the Covid response lies through to breaking international law there are to me a fair few signs that that's the road we are going down. True, there's still a way to go, but even starting down that route is pretty dangerous and bad news. Plus I hope it is easier to stop now than when it gains traction. 

As for only picking on Chaddy I admit he does take a lot of flak - albeit never personal and only in response to what he has posted. I think I have called out a few things I think are poor on Covid with a number of other posters so don't think it's a witch hunt by any means. Politically yes, I haven't massively called anything out from many others but then I hadn't really posted in politics prior to this year  Given the current government is arsing up and being corrupt left right and centre they (and those defending them) have undoubtedly taken more attention from me. 

For the record, as I have also said before, blind loyalty on both sides is very dangerous and can lead into serious problems. 

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Here some numbers. 

6th biggest economy in the world. 

17.4 million voted to the leave the EU and got a majority out of people who did go and voted in the UK. 

Can people not work weekends in the EU like normal British working people? 

The EU needs access to our UK waters. The EU fishing industry caught 35% of the fishing quotes in the UK waters. 

image.png.952c87e3f4223c9abf43b05a3435bbd8.png

10 minutes ago, philipl said:

image.png.952c87e3f4223c9abf43b05a3435bbd8.png

That a poll Philipl

we have a democratic vote in 2016 and leave won. We live in a democracy in the UK and where people voting matters and every vote matters

You complain about Trump not respecting democracy but arent you doing the exact same 

Edited by chaddyrovers

That a poll Philipl

we have a democratic vote in 2016 and leave won. We live in a democracy in the UK and where people voting matters and every vote matters

In democracies people also have the the right to change their minds, such as general elections, and when circumstances change, such as in Scotland where since the 2014 independence vote the UK has voted to leave the EU against Scotland's wishes, and the electorate now want another referendum. 

The irony of you complaining about a poll isn't lost by the way.

Edited by jim mk2

That a poll Philipl

You complain about Trump not respecting democracy but arent you doing the exact same 

REMAIN WON THE REFERENDUM!

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
19 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

In democracies people also have the the right to change their minds, such as general elections, and when circumstances change, such as in Scotland where since the 2014 independence vote the UK has voted to leave the EU against Scotland's wishes, and the electorate now want another referendum. 

The irony of you complaining about a poll isn't lost by the way.

My vote to join Europe in 1974 is being disrespected

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

1. We havent broke the law tho Mike yet as the Internal Market Bill isn't law yet. 

2. We are protecting the UK internal market and Northern Ireland..

3. Mike E, didnt you vote to leave and if so what's was your reasons? 

1. If someone hands me detailed plans on how they're going to break into my house, they haven't broken the law yet either.

2. You've obviously not read the bill, or at least you've badly misunderstood it.

3. Because they assured us we could have our cake and eat it. I believed them.

They also repeatedly and regularly assured us that we would get a second vote (this was posted in at least 2 Leave.EU leaflets and was at various points said by Rees-Mogg, Gove, Johnson, Fox, and Farage) which would have the choice of 'This is the deal we negotiated, or we can Remain'.

We were, evidently, lied to. I was curious to see what we could get. I also stupidly allowed my hatred of Cameron to cloud my judgement, after he deliberately chose to cause misery to millions of disabled people, and caused funding for respite for their families to be cut after he'd enjoyed it for himself while caring for poor Ivan.

I often wonder how many people lashed out similarly who dearly wish they could take that vote back after an illogical choice based on clouded judgement and broken promises.

Edited by Mike E
12 minutes ago, Mike E said:

They also repeatedly and regularly assured us that we would get a second vote

This is what was missing and the reason we've ended up with a shit show. Offer up a vote on a vague concept, fine, but offer a second vote when the details become more clear.