• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• philipl

• jim mk2

• den

• 47er

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Simply put, without the NHS: I'd never have been born (I'm an IVF baby). I'd have died in the womb (as did the triplets I was supposed to be part of). I'd have died at some point immedi

I didn't really want to get involved in this thread again, as emotions are very high, but I can't stand by and continue to be abused without putting my side across.  I'll try and quantify my view

The Tories didn't drag us out of the EU to strengthen workers rights for gods sake - What planet are you on ?

Posted Images

Because there is no way a campaign could possibly win to re-enter the EU. 

By the way I wasn't trying to be rude. Cheers

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

there is the problem TS. You won't accept the democratic will of the people in open and free referendum. 

But Farage wanted another referendum if Remain won by 52-48. Same rules apply surely to Leave winning by the same margin. That's democracy. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

two very different very completely situations. 

Venkys have made massive mistakes in running the club and no-one have said otherwise. 

But we have referendum and people have a democratic vote and could make their own choice? Did we have a choice that Venkys bought us?

there is the problem TS. You won't accept the democratic will of the people in open and free referendum. 

It wasn't cast in a tablet of stone pal. We voted to join the EU in the 1970's in an open and free referendum but that didn't prevent the Brexiteers campaigning to leave from that moment on. That's what democracy means. If people change their minds in the coming years we should be able to reverse the decision.

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

But Farage wanted another referendum if Leave won by 52-48. Same rules apply surely to Leave winning by the same margin. That's democracy. 

Agreed. Just don't thinks there is any appetite for another referendum. Especially as we are to prosper with our new relationship!

3 minutes ago, iacok said:

Well we voted to join in the 1970's. Young people voted to remain by and large. The movement to re-join can only get stronger as more and more young people join the electorate.

Just now, iacok said:

If a second referendum was held Remain would win according to some polls. A campaign will start at some point, it's just a case of when not if.  

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

two very different very completely situations. 

Venkys have made massive mistakes in running the club and no-one have said otherwise. 

Hardly different.

You’ve made a massive mistake in voting for brexit. You think I shouldn’t keep telling you that?

7 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Yea I know, because in my opinion you’ve been conned by slogans and aren’t fit to be making decisions based on a trading block, when your only information is churned out by Murdoch and the Dailly Heil.

I blame people like you if this goes tits up chaddy. Not the venture capitalists and the ERG, I blame the people that fell for it. 

If you look at my reasons Slogans didnt play a part for my reasons. 

Just now, iacok said:

Agreed. Just don't thinks there is any appetite for another referendum. Especially as we are to prosper with our new relationship!

There probably isn't an appetite yet, but there will be at some point. A lot will depend on if we do 'prosper'. And by 'we' I don't mean the 1%. 

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It wasn't cast in a tablet of stone pal. We voted to join the EU in the 1970's in an open and free referendum but that didn't prevent the Brexiteers campaigning to leave from that moment on. That's what democracy means. If people change their minds in the coming years we should be able to reverse the decision.

Britain has NEVER voted to join the European Union. Only ever been one vote regarding membership of the European Union and that was in 2016

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

If a second referendum was held Remain would win according to some polls. A campaign will start at some point, it's just a case of when not if.  

Once the Brexiteers opened the referendum can of worms they started a precedent. Now there's nothing to say another referendum can't be held in the full ness of time.

1 minute ago, den said:

Hardly different.

You’ve made a massive mistake in voting for brexit. You think I shouldn’t keep telling you that?

That's where we disagree . Happy New Year!

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you look at my reasons Slogans didnt play a part for my reasons. 

I’ve read everything you’ve said and you’ve never made any sense. You’ve never explained reasons in depth or with any element of context.

You just repeat Farage and his cronies lies. Bought, hook, line and sinker.

They’re laughing at you Chaddy, whilst they move business after business offshore. You enabled people to rob you, and you’ll carry on smiling throughout.

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

There probably isn't an appetite yet, but there will be at some point. A lot will depend on if we do 'prosper'. And by 'we' I don't mean the 1%. 

We'll bump as long as we always do eventually but it'll always be " what might have been ", That cartoon sums it up for me, we've jumped in a lifeboat and started rowing to God knows where whilst the Big ship sails off serenely into the distance. Future generations will say _ " What the fuck were they thinking of ! "

2 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

What year was that? Only been one vote since 1993 and that was in 2016

I voted in the 1970's. Funnily enough I voted to leave then ! I'm going out now, when I get back I'll look it up on the internet. I recall the likes of Roy Jenkins campaigning to stay in and Tony Benn and co were for leave.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

It is just a shame that all this song and dance was not led by intelligent, principled, decent people who had a clear vision about how a post EU country that could be great for all Britons. 

Instead we've chosen to listen to, and be led by, hypocritical charlatans like Farage and Jacob Rees Mogg, weak and useless idiots like May, and trusted a shallow, lazy and vain clown in Johnson to deliver it. All supported by a media owned by tax exiles and an Australian far right pensioner. The odds are that such a bunch of self interested dog eggs have done us a disservice and may profit from a disaster, or will scuttle off to foreign shores like their money.

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks JBiz. Happy New Year

Every person had a choice and people made their choice and should stand by it. 

I have posted my reasons to leave the EU and I would vote the same way again

What's the point of having a mind if you can't change it? 

Just now, broadsword said:

What's the point of having a mind if you can't change it? 

Loosely translated, if Nigel farage took a shit on my lawn I’d lap that up too.

Good conversation this. Let's not get too aggressive,

I am a leaver but know it's not a easy path. 

We have left. 

Post Barnier the EU seem ok with the deal. We will still trade (obviously) so we should wait and see.

My view is that we will prosper. 

But you are all right, in a democrasy there is always the opportunity of another referendum.